Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A festival was given the go ahead in Croke Park on 31st July, 200 people were in atte

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

ollkiller wrote: »
    Most lefties and liberals couldn't give a flying **** if you held 100 masses in there.

I know an old Leftie and that would make him very poignant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Whats so divisive about it. Archbishop Diarmuid Martin welcomed it and spoke it. If anything its a good thing because it promoted Catholics and Muslims learning to live together harmoniously.

Did you see the counter protest outside?

It was awful. I don’t want to see that level of divisiveness and anger outside Croke Park

It was awful. I don’t want to see that level of divisiveness and anger outside Croke Park

Whatever they were trying to divide it had no effect on me.

By a couple of loons including Gemma O'Doherty? That's not remotely a sign of divisiveness. Also can you answer my previous question in relation to guidelines that were violated? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thats Gemma O'Doherty though. Why would you take her screaming about paedophiles seriously? Im not seeing real division here just a tiny few extremist hatemongers.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Don2012 wrote: »
    Get off my thread.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Thats Gemma O'Doherty though. Why would you take her screaming about paedophiles seriously?

There was more than her outside.

Other political groupings etc

There was a nasty atmosphere and the gaa should avoid that at all costs

The National Party or something? What credible political grouping was protesting it? Also why are you avoiding my pretty reasonable question? It's very rude..

Unless it was the etc, the GAA can safely ignore the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That’s how they work these days. Inclusive so long as they deem it so.

Who?
    Do you really think great numbers of the population think the same way on every issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The National Party or something? What credible political grouping was protesting it? Also why are you avoiding my pretty reasonable question? It's very rude..

it was only fringe extremist groups , from Gemma's loons to the people who protested that anti-paedophile march , wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its not the GAAs fault Gemma screams about paedophiles though. The event itself was not divisive at all and was welcomed by many people of various faiths in Ireland.

I mean seriously Gemma screams about RTE and the Gardai being communists and paedophile supporters. Should we get rid of RTE and the Gardai cause a tiny minority of Gemmaroids screams about them?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

He was absolutely heart broken and just plain mystified about this event being allowed go ahead. It was sad to seem him get so worked up and into a state over it, it was poignant I suppose the word is :/

What absolute rubbish.

I actually did.
    Hardly any people & they were all gemma O Doherty loons. One of her followers got a clip from a local old doll who told her the Muslims were more welcome then the protesters:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

I talked to 3897 GAA members and they all loved it, in fact over 66.666% are thinking of converting to Islam they enjoyed it so much!

Good for you! Interesting that you use the 666 figure.

Tell him not to be so upset. The event was broadcast on RTE TV and the leaders of the Catholic, Protestant and Jewish faiths in Ireland were in attendance. That should reassure anyone that it was meant to be an inclusive event.

He might have read the stuff about animals being slaughtered in Croke Park, but that was propaganda spread by anti Muslims.

Are you a Muslim yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Do you remember when Kilkenny scored 6-66 to Galway's 3-12 in the league semis back in '05? That was a cracker. I had a halal meal in the Muslim quarter afterwards to celebrate. Aziz and the lads were delighted. They would have come along only Ramadan fell early that year.

Can I take it for granted* that your main gripe is that some Muslims were allowed to pray and should be sent home to their own country and all that?
    As a member of the GAA, I've no problem at all with HQ being used for this event.

*I don't really want to read all 6 pages of this thread if it's anything like all of the other Muslim bashing threads.

No the fact is why was think allowed to happen? No way would Catholics and protestants be allowed to celebrate in a Muslim country, in a place that Muslims hold dear.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Do you remember when Kilkenny scored 6-66 to Galway's 3-12 in the league semis back in '05? That was a cracker. I had a halal meal in the Muslim quarter afterwards to celebrate. Aziz and the lads were delighted. They would have come along only Ramadan fell early that year.

Good for you troll well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I find it ironic that lefties and liberals haven't a bad word to say about this yet go into convulsions when it's suggested the pope would hold a mass in Croke Park.

Pope can take over croker, have jesus make the 2nd coming and slaughter a goat for all i care.

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »

2005 was the year 1426 on my Islamic calendar.

No the fact is why was think allowed to happen? No way would Catholics and protestants be allowed to celebrate in a Muslim country, in a place that Muslims hold dear.

Rubbish.
    And Catholics don't hold croke park dear! What's that about?
    Maybe gaa heads hold it dear

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

No way would Catholics and protestants be allowed to celebrate in a Muslim country, in a place that Muslims hold dear.

We're talking about a sporting venue right?

it was Gemma O'Doherty, people laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

2005 was the year 1426 on my Islamic calendar.

That one always catches me out at table quizzes. Who won the All-Ireland in 1426?

How many people? How many "groupings"?

We're in a secular state, there is no special religious significance to Croke Park. It hosts numerous events that aren't related to sports each year. Nobody is particularly upset by the event being held outside a minority of loons.

Good job we've moved beyond the dictatorial grip of religion so.

66.666, which adds up to 3/4, but hey, you see signs everywhere right? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Good job we've moved beyond the dictatorial grip of religion so.

of that religion, its rebirth will be a lot less tolerant than the old one was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement