Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

"Very sick"? Really, I'm near sure he has only just tested positive for it.. hyperboling much this morning kid..

And here's me thinking based on the "200,000 deaths" statistic that gets thrown around here every day that Covid-19 is serious. Silly me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Don't be one bit surprised if Biden does contract it. He's fairly likely to actually given his schedule at the moment. If that happens, I'd be the first person to wish him well.

He isn't even getting a test as far as I know. Trump was being careless, huddled in a small room prepping for the debates with Hope Hicks and a few others, no masks obviously. Anyone who comes near him like that should have to be tested first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

And here's me thinking based on the "200,000 deaths" statistic that gets thrown around here every day that Covid-19 is serious. Silly me!

Well BBC are reporting he has mild symptoms

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54391986

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Don't be one bit surprised if Biden does contract it. He's fairly likely to actually given his schedule at the moment. If that happens, I'd be the first person to wish him well.

With some very simple precautions, the virus is easy enough to avoid. As long as he keeps campaign events small and distanced and as long as his staff take it seriously, his chances of avoiding it entirely are pretty good.

In hindsight, it's actually a wonder that Trump avoided it this long. It's all well and good keeping away from the proles at those super-spreader rallies but staffers and security and others who interact with Trump can't really do that. Add to that his issues with seeing people in masks and it's extremely reckless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

MadYaker wrote: »
    He isn't even getting a test as far as I know. Trump was being careless, huddled in a small room prepping for the debates with Hope Hicks and a few others, no masks obviously. Anyone who comes near him like that should have to be tested first.

Biden is being tested regularly.

Everyone around Trump was getting regular tests but you can have the virus and be spreading it in advance of showing symptoms or testing positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Aside from Trump himself mocking Clinton for pneumonia, here is the darling of the right showing his unsurprising utter hypocrisy

Some more faux outrage, with a bonus pure stupidity at the bottom.

https://twitter.com/thelatinochild/status/1312045795865133058?s=20

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1312055048415797249?s=20

https://twitter.com/Slade/status/1312046297839529985?s=20

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Biden just announced that both he and his wife tested negative which is good news.

Will probably need another test in a few days to be sure , but a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1312065485400346625

Biden reminds people how not to get the virus, hopefully Trump supporters will start listening now and wear masks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Biden just announced that both he and his wife tested negative which is good news.

Will probably need another test in a few days to be sure , but a good start.

For sure. Hang in there Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Muahahaha wrote: »

Biden reminds people how not to get the virus, hopefully Trump supporters will start listening now and wear masks

Nah they'll double down especially if Trump gets over this quickly, the narrative will be "look, it hardly affects anyone seriously including the President".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Muahahaha wrote: »

no.

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/jim-acosta-confronts-mark-meadows-for-not-wearing-a-mask-minutes-after-meeting-with-covid-positive-trump/
    White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows held a press gaggle Friday morning following news that President Donald Trump had just tested positive for Covid-19. The top presidential aide was successfully presenting a positive demeanor in describing a personal meeting with the commander-in-chief, in which he revealed that both Trump and the First Lady “remain in good spirits” despite the president having “mild symptoms.”

The curiously convivial tone changed, however, when CNN’s Jim Acosta flatly asked “Why aren’t you wearing a mask?”

By any measure, it is a fair and reasonable question given that Meadows just met with someone with coronavirus and was now addressing an assembled crowd, regardless of social distancing and an outside environment that comes with a driveway gaggle.

“I’ve obviously been tested,” Meadows replied. “We’re hopefully more than six feet away and if there’s any concern there from a guidance standpoint — we have protocols in place.”

What then followed was an oddly elliptical word salad of guideline and mitigation verbiage, which added up to making very little sense. Meadows prattled:

“You know, when — when — when early — early on when we first started to tackle the covid-19 battle, we actually did two different things in the white house. A number of contingencies as we looked at not only additional testing but certainly mitigating the risk for social distancings, and private meetings and the likes and I think it goes to the broader question and even with a lot of mitigating factor, Jim, what — what you have is a virus that is contagious, that certainly continues to be regardless of whatever protocol we have, that it has the ability to affect everybody. As you know, the president, we keep a pretty wide circle. All of you that have interacted with him know that so even with the wide circle around the president we find that he’s having to deal with this like so many millions of other Americans and people around the world have had to do.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Leaving out the fact they've already addressed it. It had nothing to do with the fact he has it.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1311924855810461696?s=19

Sure it was ;)

This has now been deleted by WP :rolleyes: Some about of children in the media

You're complaining that they took responsibility for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Overheal wrote: »
    You're complaining that they took responsibility for this?

This is Ironic for you to state considering your posting methods on these boards.

This is Ironic for you to state considering your posting methods on these boards.

That's a deflection. Do you have an answer for the question?

If you have cogent criticisms about my posting style you may PM me about it. Otherwise I don't see how it belongs here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

The lefts response to the Presidents situation demonstrates one of the points Ive been making for ages... that people dont really care about Covid. If they did, they would wish the President well

The lefts response to the Presidents situation demonstrates one of the points Ive been making for ages... that people dont really care about Covid. If they did, they would wish the President well

They have...?

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1312063051634552833?s=20

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1312010736604979201?s=20

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1312018763961729024?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I take it you're not a fan of Donnie's take on covid19?

Much of nothingness, only if you're old and have underlying issues.. we know Donnie is the most healthy pres ever, he told us this..

Mild symptoms, him being the most healthy president should not make a president very sick so soon after being diagnosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,661 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can't get away from my suspicions. Trump is an egomaniac and he couldn't stand to lose an election. I think he knows the game is up now. Is this his fake news? Something he can blame down the line for only having one term in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

His mouth piece Kayleigh.. is now live saying "mild" symptoms kid..

• Advertisement

If he said gravity exists they would find a way to "fact check" and says there's no proof because it's only a "theory".

The media's distortion and lies by omission, out of context quotes etc is so all encompassing now. There are large swathes of the left that base their opinions entirely on being "whatever the opposite of Trump is".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

People could care about Covid and wish someone ill, they aren’t mutually exclusive.
    People care a lot about Covid and many are angry about their countries response to it. You pretending they don’t is just about your level alright. Make a broad statement and feign outrage.

His mouth piece Kayleigh.. is now live saying "mild" symptoms kid..

Just once the lovely Kayleigh doesn't get it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

i think it's fake news

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

eagle eye wrote: »
    I can't get away from my suspicions. Trump is an egomaniac and he couldn't stand to lose an election. I think he knows the game is up now. Is this his fake news? Something he can blame down the line for only having one term in office.

I really can't see it , certainly not in terms of the actual diagnosis.

There are WAY too many moving parts for this to be a hoax.

I know that they have been more than a little opaque about his health in the past , but that has been around downplaying potential issues. Actions like that could be construed as protecting Doctor/Patient Privacy or indeed National Security - Such as the "Nothing to see here, just routine" messaging around his unexpected visit to the Hospital a while back.

But to claim that he has a serious illness falsely is a totally different ball-game and would be the biggest political scandal in history if it happened.

I just can't see it.

Might he leverage the positive test to his advantage in whatever way he thinks will serve him best? - Absolutely no doubt.

Depending on how the wind of opinion is blowing we might see the details of his illness/recovery played up or played down to suit whatever narrative he feels gains him the most.

But I really and truly cannot imagine a scenario where this is all a hoax.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I really can't see it , certainly not in terms of the actual diagnosis.

There are WAY too many moving parts for this to be a hoax.

I know that they have been more than a little opaque about his health in the past , but that has been around downplaying potential issues. Actions like that could be construed as protecting Doctor/Patient Privacy or indeed National Security - Such as the "Nothing to see here, just routine" messaging around his unexpected visit to the Hospital a while back.

But to claim that he has a serious illness falsely is a totally different ball-game and would be the biggest political scandal in history if it happened.

I just can't see it.

Might he leverage the positive test to his advantage in whatever way he thinks will serve him best? - Absolutely no doubt.

Depending on how the wind of opinion is blowing we might see the details of his illness/recovery played up or played down to suit whatever narrative he feels gains him the most.

This administration leaks like a sieve. If this was a hoax they wouldn't be able to keep their hats on about it for long. doesn't help when your chief of staff wants to act like a maskless carrier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Jesus that's some hilarious stuff.

What is the punchline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,661 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Quin_Dub wrote:

Overheal wrote:
    This administration leaks like a sieve. If this was a hoax they wouldn't be able to keep their hats on about it for long. doesn't help when your chief of staff wants to act like a maskless carrier though.
    Well I'm not saying it's certain but I'm deeply suspicious and there's plenty of stuff that has been done that would make it believable that they might try it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement