Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

"Researchers at Cornell University analyzed more than 38 million articles about the pandemic in English-language media worldwide. Results from their study, which was released on Thursday and cited by The New York Times, found that Trump made up nearly 38% “of the overall misinformation conversation,” and is “the single largest driver of misinformation” on COVID-19."

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1312017269191565314?s=19

When the bull you speak comes home to roost..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Here's how Trump acted when his opponent was not feeling well

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1312061217561735169?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 37,661 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

When the bull you speak comes home to roost..

So who commissioned the study? Was there a democrat behind it?
    Now some people will jump on this like I'm a Trump fan which I'm certainly not.
    I've just so much experience of reading up on studies by universities and then finding out that the study was paid for and the results suited the funder.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've just so much experience of reading up on studies by universities and then finding out that the study was paid for and the results suited the funder.

Argumentum ad hominem

eagle eye wrote: »

Any chance you clicked in and read the article? Or clicked on links embedded in the article?

Bottom of the article of the tweet has link to the times story, first embedded link is the PDF of the story, you background search the contributors for links to being a democrat. I'll not be doing it.

All I know is the man is gonna be on the list.. he's spouted so much bull about covid19 that it doesn't/wouldn't surprise me that he was at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

any sign of that poster who was around here earlier saying this is great cos Trump will be off the TV ...:eek::eek:

just spent 12 hours listening to worldwide news in multipe languages and everyone is talking about 1 thing, and will be all weekend and all next week :D

I blame the education system, maybe hte looney lefties can get a refund from their liberal arts indoctrination camps, places like Cornell, spending stupid time on dumb research rather than teaching critical thinking and the first law of unintended consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

RIGOLO wrote: »
    any sign of that poster who was around here earlier saying this is great cos Trump will be off the TV ...:eek::eek:

just spent 12 hours listening to worldwide news in multipe languages and everyone is talking about 1 thing, and will be all weekend and all next week :D

I blame the education system, maybe hte looney lefties can get a refund from their liberal arts indoctrination camps, places like Cornell, spending stupid time on dumb research rather than teaching critical thinking and the first law of unintended consequences.

How does one respond to this? What even is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

I believe the word your looking for is trolling!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

eire4 wrote: »

WOKE University : lesson 1
    Accuse your opponent of trolling if you dont have the wordcraft to formulate an
    oppossing cohesive viewpoint.

WOKE University : lesson 2
    see lesson 1

eire4 wrote: »

You'd like to think so but it's so hard to tell these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

see lesson 1

TRUMP University : lesson 1, rip off all your students for millions

see lesson 1

That poster was being kind.

The lefts response to the Presidents situation demonstrates one of the points Ive been making for ages... that people dont really care about Covid. If they did, they would wish the President well
    I hope he makes a full recovery so he can be voted out of office.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

see lesson 1
    Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

see lesson 1

Good for you gave me a good laugh with that trolling. I was of course responding to another persons post and question not yourself but you already knew that.

This is just something beautiful, the interviewer asking what seems a bog standard question... Yet the butthurt response is something else haha

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1312100630027071490?s=09

Like I said this morning, the anti PC brigade are full on crying about people not being PC enough now the man child has gotten sick, awh diddums..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Seems like a good time to remind ourselves of Trumps suggestion that people inject bleach to get rid of the virus

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1253474772702429189?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What are the chances Pence and the cabinet invoke the 25th amendment and declare Trump incapacitated and unable to discharge his duties?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What are the chances Pence and the cabinet invoke the 25th amendment and declare Trump incapacitated and unable to discharge his duties?

Not insignificant.

Seemingly Trump has been given some type of experimental treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,969 ✭✭✭threeball

What? No hydroxy? And he was adamant it worked. He even took it to prevent getting Covid.... oh wait...

It bonds to the spike protein on the surface of the virus to prevent it attaching to your cells. Realisticly this is the real game changer, not a vaccine but it is quite expensive to produce.

threeball wrote: »
    It bonds to the spike protein on the surface of the virus to prevent it attaching to your cells. Realisticly this is the real game changer, not a vaccine but it is quite expensive to produce.

Sure but it's an experimental drug still in trials and unapproved. Giving it to the President is wild to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭francois

FoxNews word salad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,034 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

threeball wrote: »

Given that it is experimental it must mean that he isn't doing well at all.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Given that it is experimental it must mean that he isn't doing well at all.

I'm not sure how effective it is once the virus takes hold so maybe they're hedging their bets as an obese 74yr old with health problems hasn't got the deck stacked in their favour.

An overweight, old man, who has downplayed how bad this virus is, that has gone about his life with no mask on has been infected with this killer virus, is now being a guinea pig for a potential vaccine, who in the past has put forward the conspiracy of vaccines causing autism...

The man above is the POTUS!!!

What wonderful 2020 it has been..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,564 ✭✭✭✭briany

An overweight, old man, who has downplayed how bad this virus is, that has gone about his life with no mask on has been infected with this killer virus, is now being a guinea pig for a potential vaccine, who in the past has put forward the conspiracy of vaccines causing autism...

Donald Trump says whatever is good for Donald Trump on any given day. What he said yesterday doesn't really matter (to him). Even his own sister is recorded as saying that Donald has no principles, and a man without principles is especially dangerous as their behaviour is only predictable in its unpredictability.

To be honest it's like reading something that would happen in the middle ages.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    Donald Trump says whatever is good for Donald Trump on any given day. What he said yesterday doesn't really matter (to him). Even his own sister is recorded as saying that Donald has no principles, and a man without principles is especially dangerous as their behaviour is only predictable in its unpredictability.

Yet, there is many millions who are unwilling to open themselves up to see this..

And everyone else is in the lunacy bracket!! Bemusing times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement