Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options
1325326327328329331»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,676 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The best part of October is finally here

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Overheal wrote: »
    There were a few times in this debate Graham just seemed to signal he has been in government way too long, but this one was just silly to soundbyte:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1312554910769061888?s=20
    Graham is really struggling very little in it in the polls for his state! Would be pretty momentous for South Carolina if it went to democrats. Harrison is also raising serious money by looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,676 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

gmisk wrote: »
    Graham is really struggling very little in it in the polls for his state! Would be pretty momentous for South Carolina if it went to democrats. Harrison is also raising serious money by looks of it

LG platform in a nutshell:

"My opponent is raising money from Liberal States!" / what is LG's position on FEC v Citizens United? The Head of the Senate Judiciary Cmte! He *believes* dark money is a first amendment right!

"Liberal takeover! Activist judges! Taxes, and DEATH!"

Jaime Harrison could have gone on way more attacks than he ended up doing and spent the time sending very clear messages about his concern for the people in the state within the context of SC, Graham meanwhile just talked about doom on the national level, and on anything involving the state he mentioned Tim Scott. as a vote that just tells me Tim Scott and Jaime Harrison should be who I am sending to DC, because Jaime actually put forward a vision for the state, whereas Graham had a defensive diatribe for why he needed to be left in place, decades into his government career. Graham even brought up apropos of nothing how much money he has, how well off he is, and how set for life he is with his government benefits :eek:.
    LG made 2 cases the other night: 1) why you need to keep me (Death, Taxes, Liberal apocalypse stuff), 2) Why you should vote me out Nov 3.

I think he's doomed himself but I am constantly over-estimating the political enlightenment of the South Carolina electorate. There's a recording of the debate online I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts on it. I think of the 2 candidates just on raw debate poise and skill alone I'd rather have a debater like Harrison representing the state on the federal level than Graham, who just tonally seems harder to follow, more tangents and waffle, etc. so if it came down to the SC delegation making a compelling argument to the Congress I'd much rather Harrison, but I guess you'd have to watch the debate to get what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

whoever is handing propaganda for Donald needs to up their game

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/1312593151996112897

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they also released a second set of photos of him that were meant to look like he was working hard. the second setnwere taken in a different room. except they were taken only 10 minutes apart from the first set. Still, 10 minutes is probably more work than trump has done in months.
    https://twitter.com/DevinCow/status/1312620674746286080

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Many outlets tonight reporting that President Trump could be back at The White House as early as tomorow. Great news. Hopefully a speedy recovery from this terrible disease will serve as inspiration to those in high risk categorys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Many outlets tonight reporting that President Trump could be back at The White House as early as tomorow. Great news. Hopefully a speedy recovery from this terrible disease will serve as inspiration to those in high risk categorys.

Would your preference be that Trump is re-elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

they also released a second set of photos of him that were meant to look like he was working hard. the second setnwere taken in a different room. except they were taken only 10 minutes apart from the first set. Still, 10 minutes is probably more work than trump has done in months.
    https://twitter.com/DevinCow/status/1312620674746286080

Looks rough without his makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

This from a doctor at the hospital where Trump is staying. His drive by for an ego boost has likely put the lives of secret service officers at risk. Like the White House photo-op, this is going to be another own goal.

https://twitter.com/DrPhillipsMD/status/1312867868028141568?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do you suggest the president gets home?
    By taxi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://eu.heraldtribune.com/story/news/crime/2020/10/02/manatee-county-man-requests-mail-ballot-dead-wife-sheriff-says/5893307002/

A Manatee County man was arrested Thursday and charged with a third-degree felony after he requested a mail ballot for his dead wife because he was “testing the system to see if it worked,” the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office reports.

Deputies were alerted on Sept. 17 and later interviewed Wiggins. The registered Democrat told them he was “testing the system.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

biko wrote: »
    How do you suggest the president gets home?
    By taxi?

If Trump was going home it would be a risk that had to be taken. Today wasn't that though, he demanded to go on a drive around the block for an ego boost and photo op. The Secret Service weren't even using the correct PPE for being that close to someone with COVID.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Part 3 is here

We're in the home stretch :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement