Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eagle eye wrote: »
    How could you trust a man to run your country when he can't even look after himself despite all the experts, all the information and all the security he has?

That's how I'd be spinning it if I was a democrat along with a get well soon message of course.

We're still all waiting for you to get to your laptop for our surprise about Tara Reed

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Name the politician you know that doesn't lie?

This thread is about Trump, hence why I am talking about Trump....20,000+ lies and counting.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This isn't a great story, but it is consistent.

Hicks tests positive , Trump still goes ahead with a fund-raiser at his Golf Club including what's described as "An intimate Round-table" event.
    Just hours before President Donald Trump announced that he had tested positive for the novel coronavirus, he was mingling with fundraisers at an event held at his New Jersey golf club—including an intimate “roundtable” meeting with dozens of his supporters. The event went ahead after the White House learned that one of Trump’s closest aides, Hope Hicks, had tested positive for the disease, according to multiple reports.

Trump was last seen in public Thursday afternoon, when he headed home to the White House after the fundraising trip to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminister. Ahead of that event, attendees were promised a photo opportunity with the president, and Trump was due to meet with the winner of a raffle organized to raise funds for his campaign.

The Daily Beast found a Facebook post of one woman, finance executive Patricia Bosisio Schechter, who said she had her photograph taken with the president at the event. She wrote: “As for all of you who have expressed concern for me, thank you for that. We were with him literally 30 seconds for our photo and other than that never close to him.” She added that she was “praying” for Trump to pull through his illness.

On top of the personal photo-ops, local reports state that the fundraiser and the roundtable event with dozens of supporters went ahead despite knowledge of Hick’s infection, and Trump reportedly delivered a droplet-spraying speech. According to the Washington Post, Trump didn’t wear a mask at the golf course event, or on the plane back to Washington D.C. The president then tested positive later in the day after he had returned to the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Have you links to those polls?

There's been a few scattered about all over the threads.

Anecdotally, any Americans I've talked to think it was a dumpster fire for Trump.

Have you links to those polls?

Google is your friend. You know the polls all gave the win to Biden, I know they gave the win to Biden. If you wish to deny it then that's your issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Name the politician you know that doesn't lie?

trump lies at a rate that exceeds any other politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

duploelabs wrote:
    We're still all waiting for you to get to your laptop for our surprise about Tara Reed
    You didn't need to that post to send that message. You do realise that post you quoted has nothing to do with Tara Reade?
    It'll be happening today but there is no surprise. It's just the well known sexual assault accusation and then the multiple accusations of inappropriate touching.
    I'm interested to hear your thoughts on all these women.
    I'll have the links up before lunch.

Google is your friend. You know the polls all gave the win to Biden, I know they gave the win to Biden. If you wish to deny it then that's your issue.
    You are the one making the claim so you should be providing links to back it up.

trump lies at a rate that exceeds any other politician.
    That's not an answer to the question I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You didn't need to that post to send that message. You do realise that post you quoted has nothing to do with Tara Reade?
    It'll be happening today but there is no surprise. It's just the well known sexual assault accusation and then the multiple accusations of inappropriate touching.
    I'm interested to hear your thoughts on all these women.
    I'll have the links up before lunch.

You brought up tara Reed as some kind of hypocritical stance over your misogynistic claims that Kamala Harris slept her way to the top.

I await your zinger where you said you'd look over my past posts to prove my hypocrisy, as I'm sure all the others do to disprove your blatant sexism

• Advertisement

That's not an answer to the question I asked.

what does it matter if other politicians lie? we are talking about trump. a man who lies at a rate that far exceeds any other public figure. nothing he says can be believed. nothing.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You are the one making the claim so you should be providing links to back it up.

Here you go

CNN Poll - Biden win 60% to 28%

CBS Poll - Biden win 48% to 41%

There's also this
    • Six in ten voters said Biden won the debate Tuesday, while just 28% said Trump did, a CNN poll of debate watchers conducted by SSRS found.
    • An even larger majority (65%) said Biden was “more truthful” in his answers than Trump was (29%), according to the CNN survey.
    • 63% of voters said Biden had a better plan for solving the country’s problems than Trump (30%).
    • Biden was also victorious in a CBS News/YouGov poll taken after the debate, with 48% of voters saying that Biden won, while 41% said the same about Trump (10% said the debate was a tie).
    • Voters in the CBS News/YouGov survey, however, were down about the tone of the debate, with 83% of viewers saying it was “negative,” while just 17% said it was positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,293 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Well then you called it completely wrong. He won the debate, actually has Covid and has not pulled out of any future debates. Have some class will you, he is very sick.

Did you not claim that Biden would claim he had Covid and pull out of the debates/race?

salmocab wrote: »
    Did you not claim that Biden would claim he had Covid and pull out of the debates/race?

they also claimed a biden speech was prerecorded. you cant take anything they say seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

they also claimed a biden speech was prerecorded. you cant take anything they say seriously

Oh I know, I find it odd that they made up a theory and with the shoe on the other foot so to speak they are very concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

It seems the peeps on the right want the people on the left to be all politically correct now and feign "thoughts and prayers" to the dear leader Donnie and his Android..

I'm sure the fittest POTUS there has ever been will be just fine and dandy, unless he's been hiding some underlying issue from the public??? He told us just last week at his rally it only kills people who have underlying issues.. everyone else it'll be nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Well then you called it completely wrong. He won the debate, actually has Covid and has not pulled out of any future debates. Have some class will you, he is very sick.

"Very sick"? Really, I'm near sure he has only just tested positive for it.. hyperboling much this morning kid..

Quin_Dub wrote:
    CNN Poll - Biden win 60% to 28%

Quin_Dub wrote:
    CBS Poll - Biden win 48% to 41%

You call 48% a win?
    60% is a very minor win.

I think, as many said, there was no winner. There was just a loser which was the American public witnessing two bad candidates.

I hope Biden wins it but not because I have any confidence in him, just to get rid of Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Ohhh he's a sick puppy alright

You call 48% a win?
    60% is a very minor win.

I think, as many said, there was no winner. There was just a loser which was the American public witnessing two bad candidates.

I hope Biden wins it but not because I have any confidence in him, just to get rid of Trump.

What you think is irrelevant ... The numbers are there

You call 48% a win?
    60% is a very minor win.

Do you not realise that 48 is bigger than 41?

Do you not realise that 60 is bigger than 28?

Do you not realise that 60 is bigger than 28?

200.gif

It's still under 50, do you not get that?

I said the other day that imo it was a draw but if you scored it like boxing where you have to call a winner of each round that I'd give it 10-9 to Biden. It's still close to a draw though. Did these polls have a draw option?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You call 48% a win?
    60% is a very minor win.

Trump got 46% in 2016. Total loser right.

Where was it confirmed he is very sick??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Christ, I hope the Trumps will be okay. I really mean that. I was totally shocked at Boris getting hit and this is the same.

• Advertisement

It's still under 50, do you not get that?

I said the other day that imo it was a draw but if you scored it like boxing where you have to call a winner of each round that I'd give it 10-9 to Biden. It's still close to a draw though. Did these polls have a draw option?

10-9 in boxing is a win. They don't say "And the winner is......it was close to a draw!".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement