Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,665 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's sad, and revolting, to see Democrats wishing death on anybody.
    I despise Trump but you still have to stay above the line and maintain your dignity. Many democrats have shown an ugly side to them over the last four years.
    They followed Trump into the pits and have lost their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I wouldn't wish death on Trump, but frankly don't really care if he does die. If someone goes out playing in traffic every day for most of the year and encourages others to do likewise while ignoring and even mocking those trying to warn them of the dangers of playing in traffic, it is inevitable that some of them will get hit by cars.

Boris and his handshaking fiasco was no different, and while I wouldn't have wished death on him either there is a good chance that the public may have taken more heed of the dangers of Covid far earlier had he not been able to get through it.

So no wishes for death here, but I'll save my wishes for good health and making it through for the people trying to avoid the virus that his rhetoric has put at risk, and for the likes of the children he has removed from their parents and thrown in concentration camps rather than Trump himself.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I wouldn't wish death on Trump, but frankly don't really care if he does die. If someone goes out playing in traffic every day for most of the year and encourages others to do likewise while ignoring and even mocking those trying to warn them of the dangers of playing in traffic, it is inevitable that some of them will get hit by cars.

Boris and his handshaking fiasco was no different, and while I wouldn't have wished death on him either there is a good chance that the public may have taken more heed of the dangers of Covid far earlier had he not been able to get through it.

So no wishes for death here, but I'll save my wishes for good health and making it through for the people trying to avoid the virus that his rhetoric has put at risk, and for the likes of the children he has removed from their parents and thrown in concentration camps rather than Trump himself.

YOU EVIL BASTARD something something.

Really don’t understand what the crybaby anti-liberals have such an issue with people correctly pointing out that he didn’t take this seriously enough and now he’s paying the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,167 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Am yet to see 'death wishes' on trump from anyone of note in the Democratic party, as for the rest who are labeled with being Democrats, it is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

To my knowledge, Twitter have historically let things slide if they were against Trump but they would come down hard on anti Democrat Tweets. Perhaps Trumps executive order a few months ago is making them fall in line finally?

Kidchameleon, could you back this assertion up with some examples please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Who gives a toss if he dies or not, makes no difference to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

duploelabs wrote: »
    Am yet to see 'death wishes' on trump from anyone of note in the Democratic party, as for the rest who are labeled with being Democrats, it is what it is
    Ah, but Zara Rahim tweeted it! That Democratic superstar who we'd all been very familiar with before today.

The Democratic Party platform is basically the Zara Rahim platform, obviously.

No, they can’t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

eagle eye wrote: »
    I despise Trump but you still have to stay above the line and maintain your dignity. Many democrats have shown an ugly side to them over the last four years.

The difference is people are quoting no-marks wishing Trump ill anď saying thus is representative of Democrats, while Biden, Harris, Obama and others have wished him well. When the Republicans get nasty, it comes right from the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What Democrats have wished death on him? I'm sure you can provide quotes to corroborate your statement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The difference is people are quoting no-marks wishing Trump ill anď saying thus is representative of Democrats, while Biden, Harris, Obama and others have wished him well. When the Republicans get nasty, it comes right from the top.

Rachel Maddow put it quite well I thought having wished Trump et al a speedy recovery she explained how it is possible to be critical of someones actions and still have sympathy with them succumbing to those actions
    "If you know someone who smoked for years and years and years and never even tried to quit despite knowing the risks of lung cancer from smoking and then that person who you know got lung cancer, how do you react to that?" she asked. "Well, part of the way you react is that you understand why they likely got it. Your instinct might even be to blame them for getting it. Go right ahead. Enjoy that schadenfreude.

"But also, you're a human being in this situation," Maddow explained. "If your friend has lung cancer now, regardless of what you feel about how he or she got it, once you find out that they're ill, you wish and hope and try to save them, right? You get them into treatment. You help them try to survive it. You move heaven and earth to cure them. That's how we do as humans! That's how this works!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Rachel Maddow put it quite well I thought having wished Trump et al a speedy recovery she explained how it is possible to be critical of someones actions and still have sympathy with them succumbing to those actions

It's a poor analogy, Trump isn't just an average citizen who has caught the virus, he was leader of the country and has arguably been responsible for 200,000 deaths due to his mishandling of the virus and has shown little to no empathy. To compare him to a smoker who simply got long cancer through their own actions is an injustice to the smoker.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

FunLover18 wrote: »
    It's a poor analogy, Trump isn't just an average citizen who has caught the virus, he was leader of the country and has arguably been responsible for 200,000 deaths due to his mishandling of the virus and has shown little to no empathy. To compare him to a smoker who simply got long cancer through their own actions is an injustice to the smoker.

Perhaps, it's an attempt to explain how we can both have sympathy at a human level but still be angry with the person for their actions.

Maybe the better comparison would be with a Tobacco exec getting lung cancer, but the underlying message remains the same I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hold on a minute. "Democrats" aren't wishing death on Trump.

Some people in the Democratic party are. The entire leadership of the Democratic party have wished Trump well. Does that not count for anything??

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »

Some people in the Democratic party are. The entire leadership of the Democratic party have wished Trump well. Does that not count for anything??

Oh who cares, we all know Americans are extremely fake. None of them mean anything really. They are an individualistic society.

Oh who cares, we all know Americans are extremely fake. None of them mean anything really. They are an individualistic society.

I care that people are coming on here and telling lies.

they/them/theirs

I care that people are coming on here and telling lies.

About the Democrats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

All the scientific evidence for evolution and climate change doesn't count for anything with these people, so I'd say no it doesn't.

About the Democrats?

What's this nonsense now? I was replying directly to someone telling lies about the democrats.

I am not a fan of lying in general, have you some point to make?

they/them/theirs

Shock horror, some Americans want Trump to die.

Surely this isn't a surprise to anyone if you've followed American media coverage of Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

No but it just takes one left leaning person to do it for people to jump up and down and label the lefties with it. Then feign some worry and your the better person.

salmocab wrote: »
    No but it just takes one left leaning person to do it for people to jump up and down and label the lefties with it. Then feign some worry and your the better person.

What's wrong with wishing someone dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

What's wrong with wishing someone dead?

Not sure I said there was

• Registered Users Posts: 37,665 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What Democrats have wished death on him? I'm sure you can provide quotes to corroborate your statement.
    It was posted in this thread before I posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Faugheen wrote: »
    No, they can’t

I said "to my knowledge". Am I wrong? Has Donald Trump had Tweets censored? What about Joe Biden? Why has the likes of Parlor and Gab seen explosions of new members? It's not just Twitter...

I said "to my knowledge". Am I wrong? Has Donald Trump had Tweets censored? What about Joe Biden? Why has the likes of Parlor and Gab seen explosions of new members? It's not just Twitter...

They didn’t ‘censor’ tweets. They highlighted tweets which were fact-checked and found to have been false.

More disingenuous bollocks from your fine self.

Where do you get your 'knowledge'? Have you links to back up your assertions?

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

duploelabs wrote: »
    Where do you get your 'knowledge'? Have you links to back up your assertions?

Faugheen wrote: »
    They didn’t ‘censor’ tweets. They highlighted tweets which were fact-checked and found to have been false.

More disingenuous bollocks from your fine self.

OK I stand corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Weren't you saying Biden was in the early staged of dementia before?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement