Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Well well well, looky what we got here...

"Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel filed a slew of charges against Burkman, 54, and Wohl, 22, including conspiracy to commit an election law violation and using a computer to commit the crime of election law - intimidating voters. Prosecutors allege the two political operatives were using a robocall system aimed at scaring Detroit voters away from using mail-in voting ballots. The calls, which were made in August, went out to nearly 12,000 Detroit residents."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michigan-ag-files-felony-charges-again-jack-burkman-jacob-wohl-for-alleged-voter-suppression-scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Christ, I hope the Trumps will be okay. I really mean that. I was totally shocked at Boris getting hit and this is the same.

You were shocked that a man who boasted about shaking hands with people in a hospital with Covid patients caught Covid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

salmocab wrote: »
    You were shocked that a man who boasted about shaking hands with people in a hospital with Covid patients caught Covid?

Yes. He was in a very bad way. Boris was lucky to survive. That’s shocking to me. Shall I pretend otherwise? I don’t really go in for “serves you right” when it comes to illnesses that come close to killing a person. This isn’t a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Yes. He was in a very bad way. Boris was lucky to survive. That’s shocking to me. Shall I pretend otherwise? I don’t really go in for “serves you right” when it comes to illnesses that come close to killing a person. This isn’t a game.

Boris acted like it was and he got a good dose of it, served him right

Trump acted like it is ... So here is hoping for another dose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

weisses wrote: »
    Boris acted like it was and he got a good dose of it, served him right

Trump acted like it is ... So here is hoping for another dose

Yeah and I have no interest in going low like they both did. Whatever happened to the high road? I know Trump goes low in every instance but other people have the choice to have the integrity that he lacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

You said you were shocked at him getting hit though not how bad it was, I would say Boris did stupid things and got it through his own stupidity. There was nothing shocking or surprising about it, man sticks hand in fire and gets burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yeah and I have no interest in going low like they both did. Whatever happened to the high road? I know Trump goes low in every instance but other people have the choice to have the integrity that he lacks.

Over 200k Americans won't get that choice thanks to Trump's dangerous and idiotic stance on Covid and his continued refusal to listen to the experts.

It's poetic justice, pure and simple. That's if he even has it....and I have my doubts about that, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

On the plus side , this will stop President Turd from having rallies where the trumptards happily spread the virus.

Will he be examined by an independent doctor? Wouldn't put it past the muppet of trying to get out of the debates.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

I hope he doesn't die from it ...Thats as high I am willing to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Bookies have Trump at 2/1 now having been evens last week. Great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,851 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So I've been accused of not putting up anything as regards Tara Reade. I put this up yesterday but no response to it from what I can see.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114791050&postcount=9508

And then there's this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-allegations-women-2020-campaign-2019-6?r=US&IR=T#sofie-karasek-a-progressive-organizer-was-photographed-holding-hands-and-touching-foreheads-with-biden-at-the-2016-academy-awards-karasek-said-she-felt-biden-violated-her-personal-space-in-that-interaction-4

So all you guys saying you knew nothing about this stuff, please let me hear your opinions on these women.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

eagle eye wrote: »
    So I've been accused of not putting up anything as regards Tara Reade. I put this up yesterday but no response to it from what I can see.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114791050&postcount=9508

And then there's this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-allegations-women-2020-campaign-2019-6?r=US&IR=T#sofie-karasek-a-progressive-organizer-was-photographed-holding-hands-and-touching-foreheads-with-biden-at-the-2016-academy-awards-karasek-said-she-felt-biden-violated-her-personal-space-in-that-interaction-4

So all you guys saying you knew nothing about this stuff, please let me hear your opinions on these women.

These allegations should be prosecuted and if he's guilty he should face the consequences. What more do you want?

namloc1980 wrote:
    These allegations should be prosecuted and if he's guilty he should face the consequences. What more do you want?
    I wanted your opinion on Tara Reade's sexual assault claim.

namloc1980 wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Political commentator Jonathan Chait stated that at first he found Reade's claims believable, but that the findings reported by PBS, Laura McGann in Vox, and Natasha Korecki in Politico cast doubt on the veracity of the allegations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden_sexual_assault_allegation#:~:text=In%20March%202020%2C%20Tara%20Reade,assistant%20in%20his%20Senate%20office.

I asked for opinions of members here not some wikepedia bull.

Its verifiable ...you know that right ?

Could you provide sources regarding Reid which provide material that validates an opinion then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭westdublin

The flip flopping from some people is such a sight to behold, it wasn’t too long ago we were being told by some Rep senators and governors that states needed to open up even if they meant that some older people had to die.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/older-people-would-rather-die-than-let-covid-19-lockdown-harm-us-economy-texas-official-dan-patrick

I'm starting to fear for Trump's chances of winning the election (and for his health before the faux outrage starts).

A win for Biden is back to business for the global elites, more illegal immigration, open borders, and will not do anything to appease the far left hardcore activists who will keep increasing their demands to "abolish the police". I thought Trump winning 4 years ago would force a re-think of the current globalist model of capitalism. I think he needs another 4 years to make more changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I'm starting to fear for Trump's chances of winning the election (and for his health before the faux outrage starts).

A win for Biden is back to business for the global elites, more illegal immigration, open borders, and will not do anything to appease the far left hardcore activists who will keep increasing their demands to "abolish the police". I thought Trump winning 4 years ago would force a re-think of the current globalist model of capitalism. I think he needs another 4 years to make more changes.

You mean, back to the days of lower crime rates, stronger economy and starting to make progress on a functional national health care system? Those bad old days?

As has been pointed out, so-called illegal immigrants pay more in income tax than the #IMPOTUS. You can look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

The news cycle waits for no man.

Igotadose wrote: »
    You mean, back to the days of lower crime rates, stronger economy and starting to make progress on a functional national health care system? Those bad old days?

As has been pointed out, so-called illegal immigrants pay more in income tax than the #IMPOTUS. You can look it up.

The post you quoted was delusional but this is delusional too.

It's still under 50, do you not get that?

I said the other day that imo it was a draw but if you scored it like boxing where you have to call a winner of each round that I'd give it 10-9 to Biden. It's still close to a draw though. Did these polls have a draw option?

60 + 28 only add up to 88. Presume 12% is no opinion/draw.

weisses wrote: »
    Its verifiable ...you know that right ?

Could you provide sources regarding Reid which provide material that validates an opinion then ?
    I simply asked for an opinion of members here, do you not understand that?

60 + 28 only add up to 88. Presume 12% is no opinion/draw.
    If there is no draw option then no.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Change to what?

Trade in the "Globalist" model for the "Robber Baron" model?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The post you quoted was delusional but this is delusional too.

What was delusional about it? Were crime rates not lower before Trump took office than they are today? Was the economy not stronger before Trump than today? Was Obama with Biden as VP not more interested in a national healthcare system than Trump has been? Or were you referring to their illegal immigrants comment? I can't speak for the average, but there definitely are plenty of illegal immigrants who pay more than $750yr (or $0 in some years if I recall) income tax.

What was delusional about it? Were crime rates not lower before Trump took office than they are today? Was the economy not stronger before Trump than today? Was Obama with Biden as VP not more interested in a national healthcare system than Trump has been? Or were you referring to their illegal immigrants comment? I can't speak for the average, but there definitely are plenty of illegal immigrants who pay more than $750yr (or $0 in some years if I recall) income tax.

I note you keep using the word today. We are in the middle of a pandemic which is a disaster for the economy.

Can we look at how the economy was before the pandemic? That would be a fair reflection on how Trump did in that area I think.

Similarly can we look at crime figures before the pandemic do you have any facts on the economy and crime prior to the pandemic?
    I hope you are aware that I despise Trump and want him gone, I just feel that we don't have to build up the Democrat party which has went downhill over the last four years.

They've let Trump drag them down to his level. I don't know if they'll ever recover but I hope they do.

• Advertisement

If there is no draw option then no.

What does the other 12% mean then?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement