Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭newbie18892

Josuke wrote: »
    Anyone get sent an e-tray for Limerick or Galway? Looks like it could be all over for me at the 150 mark

A poster said a few days ago that PAS informed them that they were only calling Dublin first.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Do you mean you should always be replying to the most senior person first?

Or probably it should be about striking a balance between urgent matters and responding to senior management?

I’d imagine you will need to determine what is most urgent regardless of the seniority of the sender. However, I guessing this will be clearer when it’s in front of you.
    At least that’s what I’m hoping for. I’m Dublin Open 13$£ and interdepartmental 300 - 400 . I haven’t got invited to etray yet hopefully I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RandomUser17

I found the e-tray the easiest past of the 2018. Its definitely the part that got me my job as I was near the top of the OOM list after it

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Clareh123

Help! I just noticed that on my detailed EO application I forgot to include my masters degree! Not a great indicator of my administrative skills. Should I contact PAS now or wait and see if I progress further and bring it up then? I am also in the CO competition but haven't heard anything about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Clareh123 wrote: »
    Help! I just noticed that on my detailed EO application I forgot to include my masters degree! Not a great indicator of my administrative skills. Should I contact PAS now or wait and see if I progress further and bring it up then? I am also in the CO competition but haven't heard anything about that.

If it doesn't effect your eligiblity, you can raise if your invited to interview stage. They will likely tell you to address it at interview anyway.

You won't be the only person to omit something by accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Do you mean you should always be replying to the most senior person first?

Or probably it should be about striking a balance between urgent matters and responding to senior management?

I think it is prioritising your tasks and making sure you do them all. And submitting it all at the end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mollzer13

I just finished the practice etray there. I only got 1 email sent to me and kept waiting for more but I guess that’s it...
    The real thing must be significantly harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Clareh123 wrote: »

When I did my application I was just throwing it in for a punt. I was embarrassed in the interview by the spelling mistakes and obvious lack of effort I put into it. No one mentioned it and I got a good score so I really wouldn't be worrying too much about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Anyone receive the link to the actual test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Anyone receive the link to the actual test yet?
    No nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Jay328 wrote: »
    No nothing yet.

Just got it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gestappo

Link is there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Good luck to everyone doing their eTray

With the etray, do you need to go through the Documents section to see if there’s things to be filled in there, or just respond to emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Allycats36

hi i am currently a Clerical Officer (permanent). Just wondering if I was to get EO and I didn't pass my EO probation would I be able to go back as a clerical officer? If anyone knows! Thank you

Allycats36 wrote: »
    hi i am currently a Clerical Officer (permanent). Just wondering if I was to get EO and I didn't pass my EO probation would I be able to go back as a clerical officer? If anyone knows! Thank you

Yes you would, the procedure is called 'acting to substantive'. Are you planning on murdering someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Hi anyone know how to go back and access the initial information about these posts? Been a while and I wanted to refresh my memory of the advert, supporting information etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Allycats36

Yes you would, the procedure is called 'acting to substantive'. Are you planning on murdering someone?

haha im sure people don't pass EO probation? Depends on work/ department but you could be in a demanding position !

Allycats36 wrote: »
    haha im sure people don't pass EO probation? Depends on work/ department but you could be in a demanding position !

It’s not really heard of tbh. As with all jobs, you’ll get training, you’ll learn on the job etc so once you’re constantly progressing there’ll be no issue.

Plus you’ll get 3, 6 & 9 month probation reports and feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Sorry to contradict you but that is not true.
    If you're a CO in an Acting EO post you either get promoted to EO if you are successful in the promotion (and provided that you place high enough on the order ot merit to fill the critical vavancy) or if you are not successful in the EO competition you go back to being a CO (acting to substantive)
    If you are appointed an EO then you will have to do your 1 year probation but in the extremely unlikely event you do not pass your probation you're out on your ear

• Advertisement

Sorry to contradict you but that is not true.
    If you're a CO in an Acting EO post you either get promoted to EO if you are successful in the promotion (and provided that you place high enough on the order ot merit to fill the critical vavancy) or if you are not successful in the EO competition you go back to being a CO (acting to substantive)
    If you are appointed an EO then you will have to do your 1 year probation but in the extremely unlikely event you do not pass your probation you're out on your ear

This is not true at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

If you are a previous CO who is promoted to EO and you fail to pass EO probation or decide that you are not able for the position you may revert to your previous CO grade. You are not "out on your ear". Your previous Department has to offer you the option of returning as a CO.

Just sitting down to the practice etray. I've answered the 2 emails and now I've been sitting around for the past 10 mins with nothing happening.

Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

gestappo wrote: »
    You really need to read the initial Information Booklet. It explains everything and will answer all your questions.

Hi, does anyone have a link to this please? I thought I'd saved it but can't find it anywhere. I just don't want to do the etray for Dublin if I need to do it for the regional panel as well as I don't think I'll take Dublin. Can someone help me please???

Just sitting down to the practice etray. I've answered the 2 emails and now I've been sitting around for the past 10 mins with nothing happening.

Is that right?

The one on the day is much more intense than the practice one. The practice one only really gets you used to the user interface.

Is that right?

I only got the one email.
    I’m a little worried now that pop ups or something were blocked on my pc so I’ll dust off the old laptop instead.
    Going to do mine too now.
    Best of luck with it!

The one on the day is much more intense than the practice one. The practice one only really gets you used to the user interface.

I opened the practice link in safari and I couldn't open any of the mails, so opened chrome instead. That alone was a good learning experience :rolleyes:

mollzer13 wrote: »
    I only got the one email.
    I’m a little worried now that pop ups or something were blocked on my pc so I’ll dust off the old laptop instead.
    Going to do mine too now.
    Best of luck with it!

I didn't get any pop-ups; emails arrived in and 1 phonecall was received at the end.

My login details don’t seem to work.
    Not on to the best start ...

• Advertisement

mollzer13 wrote: »
    My login details don’t seem to work.
    Not on to the best start ...

You’re given specific login details, are these not correct?

Advertisement