Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

cw67irl wrote: »
    Open or Interdepartmental?

Open!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

am in 800s for Dublin and not been called it seems, would suggest a much smaller first batch than in previous years (maybe due to everything being remote now?).

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭gestappo

It seems to be the same set up as previous publicjobs e-trays I've sat which is positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Spore

I don't suppose given previous experience that you can take the test etray more than once? I was thinking of casually looking at the familiarisation material now and then maybe doing it again at a later date? Do you only get one shot with it?

Spore wrote: »
    I don't suppose given previous experience that you can take the test etray more than once? I was thinking of casually looking at the familiarisation material now and then maybe doing it again at a later date? Do you only get one shot with it?

It says you can log in and out of the test. Not sure about retaking the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

So with this first batch only finishing the e-tray on November 11th, I'm guessing their original plan to actually start onboarding in November is no longer feasible? Would be a remarkably short turnover if they managed to mark the e-trays, calculate new OOMs, finish the interviews and start placing people all by the end of the month.

So with this first batch only finishing the e-tray on November 11th, I'm guessing their original plan to actually start onboarding in November is no longer feasible? Would be a remarkably short turnover if they managed to mark the e-trays, calculate new OOMs, finish the interviews and start placing people all by the end of the month.

Don’t forget the reference & background checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭VitreousLife

OOM late 400s (Interdepartmental) & not a sniff of an message yet!

Good luck to all called so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

I got my familiarisation materials today too. Early 100s Dublin. Open stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

gestappo wrote: »
    Don’t forget the reference & background checking!

Yep, could easily go on into the new year even for those who placed highest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Got the email earlier with the familiarisation material. Nervous now I have never done the e tray before was hoping they would just go to interview but that was obviously wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

Im in late 500's for Dublin on open competition and I didnt get the etray familiarisation booklet. Batch must be 500 and under maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Skweefie wrote: »
    Im in late 500's for Dublin on open competition and I didnt get the etray familiarisation booklet. Batch must be 500 and under maybe?

I'm late 600s and I was thinking the same. Must be 500 and under. Hopefully we in the second batch get called soon enough after.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

I'm late 600s and I was thinking the same. Must be 500 and under. Hopefully we in the second batch get called soon enough after.

Hopefully soonish

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

Is it only those in open competition for Dublin that got called to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Anniesland wrote: »
    Is it only those in open competition for Dublin that got called to date?

See comment below.

Mayoman89 wrote: »
    Hi all. First time I've posted on this thread as I usually just follow for updates but have an update of my own that I will share.

I emailed public jobs today and my reply was that stage 2 IS an E-Tray and they would be calling for Dublin first when they start calling. I was told I would be called when and if my OOM for my selected county (Mayo) is reached. No dates given for when they will start calling.

Hope this is useful and best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

I'm top 50 in the pen, top 25 interdepartmetal for Dublin so got the etray email. But I'm top 10 open and top 5 interdepartmetal for my choose county. Will I have to do 2 etrays and 2 interviews (if I pass the etray of course!) Or one for each county?? I'm freaked out just thinking about it!

Also, just say I got offered somewhere I didn't want on one competition ie department, office etc. Can I refuse on the open comp. and still get offered something on the interdepartmetal? Or have I effectively turned down both? I new to all this......

Trampus wrote: »
    I'm top 50 in the pen, top 25 interdepartmetal for Dublin so got the etray email. But I'm top 10 open and top 5 interdepartmetal for my choose county. Will I have to do 2 etrays and 2 interviews (if I pass the etray of course!) Or one for each county?? I'm freaked out just thinking about it!

Also, just say I got offered somewhere I didn't want on one competition ie department, office etc. Can I refuse on the open comp. and still get offered something on the interdepartmetal? Or have I effectively turned down both? I new to all this......

You really need to read the initial Information Booklet. It explains everything and will answer all your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Doubt interviews won't even start till the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

You really need to read the initial Information Booklet. It explains everything and will answer all your questions.

Thanks for replying even if it is an indirect sort of answer!!

• Advertisement

Can anyone make out the provider of these e-trays?

With the numerical and verbal it was Sova, and as per the info booklet it states 'Assessment Intelligence' but I cannot find anything online for this crew..

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

With the numerical and verbal it was Sova, and as per the info booklet it states 'Assessment Intelligence' but I cannot find anything online for this crew..

I think it's in house

redmgar wrote: »
    I think it's in house

Going by the info booklet; it doesn't seem to be.

I think 'Assessment Intelligence' is Saville Assessment.

I think 'Assessment Intelligence' is Saville Assessment.

I haven't come across them in my search, what makes you link the two together?

Info Booklet for anyone interested.

I haven't come across them in my search, what makes you link the two together?

Assessment Intelligence does the assessment questionnaires for CO, EO and AO, I'd have to check my public jobs but I'm almost sure they named Savilles in previous campaign booklet.

Correction: Its Creighton Hooper - they were named in the 2018 AO booklet as the provider.

Assessment Intelligence does the assessment questionnaires for CO, EO and AO, I'd have to check my public jobs but I'm almost sure they named Savilles in previous campaign booklet.

Correction: Its Creighton Hooper - they were named in the 2018 AO booklet as the provider.

Cheers for this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Very interesting...so it seems a new OOM will be formed based solely on the etray...

Stage 1 results wont be used....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Very interesting...so it seems a new OOM will be formed based solely on the etray...

Stage 1 results wont be used....
    I thought there would be like an average score across the stages but I think your right it just goes back to everyone who is called for next stage starts at 0 again

Advertisement