Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mayoman89

Hi all. First time I've posted on this thread as I usually just follow for updates but have an update of my own that I will share.

I emailed public jobs today and my reply was that stage 2 IS an E-Tray and they would be calling for Dublin first when they start calling. I was told I would be called when and if my OOM for my selected county (Mayo) is reached. No dates given for when they will start calling.

Hope this is useful and best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Thanks Mayoman89. wonder where that leaves the last panel.

EO2019 wrote: »
    Thanks Mayoman89. wonder where that leaves the last panel.

No bother. Was hoping there would be no E-Tray :) I've never done one but heard they can be tricky and can't really prepare for it.

I wouldn't know about the previous panel but I think that's due to expire soon. I think the whole pandemic has really played havoc with that panel which is very unfortunate for anyone who placed well on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Hey guys, I've just been following the thread as well but I'm not sure where I stand really as I don't really know much about the competition, entered it on a whim over summer after a friend sent me the link and I've somehow stumbled along this far.

So what's happening now? I just checked my OOM there for Dublin and it's between 1700-1800, does that signify anything? I scored 109 from the verbal and questionnaire, is there a certain OOM where it's a cut-off and you don't progress? And then I guess, if there are 1700+ people still in this, what's the point? How can there be like more than say 100 EO jobs in the civil service in Dublin?

I don't really understand why they'd have the pass rate in the 30s when people like me, who scored in the 50s in everything, are clueless as to where they stand. Like, 1700+ in my county. There just can't be that many EOs employed from one panel surely.

Sorry I know that's a lot of questions but I live with my head in the sand and this time last year I wasn't even sure what the public service was!

Fbjm wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've just been following the thread as well but I'm not sure where I stand really as I don't really know much about the competition, entered it on a whim over summer after a friend sent me the link and I've somehow stumbled along this far.

So what's happening now? I just checked my OOM there for Dublin and it's between 1700-1800, does that signify anything? I scored 109 from the verbal and questionnaire, is there a certain OOM where it's a cut-off and you don't progress? And then I guess, if there are 1700+ people still in this, what's the point? How can there be like more than say 100 EO jobs in the civil service in Dublin?

I don't really understand why they'd have the pass rate in the 30s when people like me, who scored in the 50s in everything, are clueless as to where they stand. Like, 1700+ in my county. There just can't be that many EOs employed from one panel surely.

Sorry I know that's a lot of questions but I live with my head in the sand and this time last year I wasn't even sure what the public service was!

Someone from Dublin might be able to guide you better but these panels can last for 2 years and your order of merit can improve depending how well you do on stage 2 should you get called so all is not lost. Of course there's other factors like people failing the next stages and turning down positions or getting other jobs in the private sector so all is not lost. There's a lot of waiting which is the worst of it but wouldn't rule out anything for yourself yet but being a Mayo man I'm not sure about how it all is regards positions in Dublin....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Mayoman89 wrote: »
    Someone from Dublin might be able to guide you better but these panels can last for 2 years and your order of merit can improve depending how well you do on stage 2 should you get called so all is not lost. Of course there's other factors like people failing the next stages and turning down positions or getting other jobs in the private sector so all is not lost. There's a lot of waiting which is the worst of it but wouldn't rule out anything for yourself yet but being a Mayo man I'm not sure about how it all is regards positions in Dublin....

Ordinarily you would definitely be place with these numbers, it would just be a question on how long the wait was. Obviously Covid will play a part and I am assuming it will result in less being placed from the panel. I don't it will result in a full embargo of recruitment, but it will mean reduced numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Mayoman89 wrote: »

Previous panel was around 1500 called in the first round. If you're not called in first round you will be in second round, just a matter of waiting I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Fbjm wrote: »

In the 2018 panel the called to over 4000 in the OOM and recruited 660 EOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Thanks for the answers guys, feel a bit more positive about it now. I've only ever worked private sector and while it's easy enough to get new jobs etc., changing companies and starting over every couple of years gets really old and the security in the public sector is really appealing to me. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

I placed really well for Lim and Tipp 10- 15 for both I’m really happy with that but I’m unsure how the next stage works is it weighted like stage 1 is 50% and Stage 2 50% or if you pass etray do you maintain your oom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

I placed really well for Lim and Tipp 10- 15 for both I’m really happy with that but I’m unsure how the next stage works is it weighted like stage 1 is 50% and Stage 2 50% or if you pass etray do you maintain your oom

If you pass stage 2, which we presume will be the E-tray, you might end up with the same OOM as after stage 1, or you might get a better OOM, or worse. It all depends on how well you do compared to the other people. Not everyone is going to pass the E-Tray so it is very likely your OOM could change.

10-15 is really good, well done! ðŸ‘

If you pass stage 2, which we presume will be the E-tray, you might end up with the same OOM as after stage 1, or you might get a better OOM, or worse. It all depends on how well you do compared to the other people. Not everyone is going to pass the E-Tray so it is very likely your OOM could change.

10-15 is really good, well done! ðŸ‘

Is it possible that next stage could be interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Is it possible that next stage could be interview ?

No, Stage 2 is Etray & Stage 3 is Interview.

You will be called to Stage 2 based on your current OOM and those that fail will be removed and a new OOM issued. Its this new OOM that will decide who goes to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭gestappo

Got my e tray familiarisation material just now

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

Same as, just got my familiarisation material. Says the invite for the E-Tray itself should be out by November 4th with the closing date being the 11th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Got my e-tray familiarisation message.

Links will be sent by Nov 4th. Tests to be completed by Nov 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Same as the above!

I wonder is it being offered in batches or has everyone that passed got it?

gestappo wrote: »
    Got my e tray familiarisation material just now
    Do you mind asking where you applied for Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Did the message indicate how many were being called forward in this batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

mmerton365 wrote: »
    Same as the above!

I wonder is it being offered in batches or has everyone that passed got it?
    I would imagine it's in batches

• Advertisement

Do you mind asking where you applied for Dublin ?

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭StevenToast

For those that got the email, where did ye place on the OOM, roughly and where?

Thank you

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

gestappo wrote: »
    Huh?

So I am wondering are they calling specifically for Dublin first I applied to Limerick

So I am wondering are they calling specifically for Dublin first I applied to Limerick

According to a post the other day, the poster said they were told by publicjobs that Dublin will be called first. I don’t know how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭furrybones

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115072411&postcount=2402

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Thank you

Dublin, early 200s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Dublin, early 200s.

Open or Interdepartmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

Thank you

Mid 400’s in Dublin, open stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Dublin, early 200s.

Ok thanks...looks like Dublin are getting called first so

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Buster97 wrote: »
    Mid 400’s in Dublin, open stream.

I wonder how they are deciding how many to call from each list. I placed mid 300s in Dublin interdepartmental but have heard anything yet.

Best of luck to everyone going in to the next stage.

Advertisement