Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Does anyone know when they are calling the next county?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Great timing; I have to get this etray completed and I come down with an infection and the drugs are killing any brain power & judgement I have left :( :rolleyes:

For those that have sat it, are there many multiple choice questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Great timing; I have to get this etray completed and I come down with an infection and the drugs are killing any brain power & judgement I have left :( :rolleyes:

For those that have sat it, are there many multiple choice questions?

Sorry to hear that northdubgal. There are 3 main sections to it, 1. Compose an email reply 2. Replying to email queries (multiple choice) 3. Processing applications (multiple choice)

Hope that helps.

JDWW wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that northdubgal. There are 3 main sections to it, 1. Compose an email reply 2. Replying to email queries, think there was about 8 in total (multiple choice) 3. Processing 10 or 11 applications (multiple choice)

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply JDWW, those multiple choice q's will crease me I think. my critical thinking is non existent right now!

So no 'schedule' to create? Last year we had to book in Lecturers into a schedule with complicated guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 doylerz112

Too much information above for a public board. It is early days in this competition and i think if PAS wanted this information in the public domain, they would have posted a familiarisation document with all of that contained within.

I think the point of the e-tray is you do not know what to expect and with everyone doing this from home at different times, that info would be giving an unfair advantage to people that have yet to do the etray.

As a side note, these boards are monitored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

Completed the etray.

Having no idea whatsoever of how you performed is frustrating.

Back to the waiting game for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

doylerz112 wrote: »
    Too much information above for a public board. It is early days in this competition and i think if PAS wanted this information in the public domain, they would have posted a familiarisation document with all of that contained within.

I think the point of the e-tray is you do not know what to expect and with everyone doing this from home at different times, that info would be giving an unfair advantage to people that have yet to do the etray.

I think people give away too much personal information, exact OOMs being an example, but discussing the tests has been going on for years. That said I expect this is the first time people are doing them within days of each other rather than in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Apologies if you feel that way, personally didn’t think there was anything there that would give an advantage. Edited my post but not much I can do about the quote!

I'm well aware they're monitored.

I also don't see your Moderator badge so please back off.

I've been on these threads on boards for 2 years now between the EO, AO and I'm also following the Assistant Principal 2020 thread, which if you were also following you will find is very informative. What I asked and what was answered here is very mild and does not give a thing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

What do people mean that these boards are "monitored"? Non-CS applicants couldn't be discriminated against in hiring for anything they post here about the hiring process, surely.

• Advertisement

floorpie wrote: »
    What do people mean that these boards are "monitored"? Non-CS applicants couldn't be discriminated against in hiring for anything they post here about the hiring process, surely.

PAS monitor what is being discussed on these threads - in relation to assessments, interviews etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

PAS monitor what is being discussed on these threads - in relation to assessments, interviews etc.

To get feedback on their processes? Surely not to catch people out

floorpie wrote: »
    To get feedback on their processes? Surely not to catch people out

Not to catch people out, but just to monitor no one is giving explicit answers type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Does anyone know how these are marked?

Like for the multiple choice, does one option get you full marks (5/5 for example), another get you 4/5, etc. Some of them are so similar/subjective that surely it's not just one correct answer and everything else is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Any recommendations for particular browsers to use/avoid guys? Buddy of mine is doing it today...

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Any indication that these are monitored by PAS or is it an urban legend?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gestappo

cw67irl wrote: »
    Any recommendations for particular browsers to use/avoid guys? Buddy of mine is doing it today...

Avoid Safari - I learned from the familiarisation that it doesn't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

redmgar wrote: »
    Any indication that these are monitored by PAS or is it an urban legend?

I've heard they are before alright - But I think would operate on the assumption that they are anyway as it's probably the only known online public discussion of PAS competitions. I've often thought that some of the more frequent or well-informed posters here either work or have worked for them but might not be willing or able to say so explicitly for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Beyond PAS we identified a CO working in our place from posts here. No issues but sometimes people don't come across the best online.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Beyond PAS we identified a CO working in our place from posts here. No issues but sometimes people don't come across the best online.

Eeek....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gestappo

I finally got around to my etray earlier and I’m so glad it’s finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

Just did mine too. Kept putting it off so I'm glad it's done as well! There was a lot in it. I think i only had around 10 minutes in the end. Just enough time to check everything was done and sent.

But it was actually ok I think although some of the multiple choice were tricky. Hard to know what answer to choose. Also really glad I did the practice etray first. It really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    I've heard they are before alright - But I think would operate on the assumption that they are anyway as it's probably the only known online public discussion of PAS competitions. I've often thought that some of the more frequent or well-informed posters here either work or have worked for them but might not be willing or able to say so explicitly for whatever reason.

I remember seeing a guide doc being sent through to candidates in stage 2 or whatever. They had helpfully included screenshots of the website to use etc. However, the person taking the screenshots had multiple tabs open, including a Boards thread for the same comp. Gave us all a chuckle, so it did:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 colfah

Is it just people with an oom for dublin that is been called for e tray. Has anyone with an oom for interdepartmental comp for galway or tipperary been called if so what oom did you have

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

E-trays must be completed by midnight tonight right? Unless I'm interpreting this incorrectly:

"Candidates must complete Stage 2 in its entirety BEFORE midnight on the 11th of November 2020"

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jalopy

Today is the 10th of November, midnight tomorrow is the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

jalopy wrote: »
    Today is the 10th of November, midnight tomorrow is the deadline

I do hate the use of "midnight" as a deadline.

They really should say 23:59 to avoid all possible ambiguity.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

12am tonight is the 11th but I'm sure you're right. Not a fan of that phrasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

12am tonight is the 11th but I'm sure you're right. Not a fan of that phrasing!

They were sent out on the 4th. They always give you 7 days for these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Do you suppose they’ll call another batch to e-tray once the first batch have submitted, or will they move to another county to start there?

Advertisement