Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mollzer13

gestappo wrote: »
    You’re given specific login details, are these not correct?

They just got back to me with a totally new passcode. The original ones they sent for the real Etray were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Just sitting down to the practice etray. I've answered the 2 emails and now I've been sitting around for the past 10 mins with nothing happening.

Is that right?

I got an e-mail at 10.01 and 10.09, had done all my tasks by 10.11 and sat there for 19 minutes with nothing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gestappo

I got an e-mail at 10.01 and 10.09, had done all my tasks by 10.11 and sat there for 19 minutes with nothing to do.

Exact same situation here.

mollzer13 wrote: »
    They just got back to me with a totally new passcode. The original ones they sent for the real Etray were wrong.

That’s worrying!

Best of luck 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Exact same situation here.

Yeah same here. Kept expecting another email to come in but nothing for about 20 minutes until the phone call and document came in at the end.

Suppose it's just to get you use to the layout.

Finished there now.
    The examples were actually helpful for it and it wasn’t bad but for me there was just a lot to get through in the time.

Finished there now.
    The examples were actually helpful for it and it wasn’t bad but for me there was just a lot to get through in the time.

Were you able to compete it all in the time?

Were you able to compete it all in the time?
    I just scraped the last one but I went back and forth a bit.

I just scraped the last one but I went back and forth a bit.
    Good to hear the examples are helpful . I'm nervous with the time I say it will be close. Might try and do it tomorrow.

Good luck the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 allisgrand

tomjmsn wrote: »
    Hi anyone know how to go back and access the initial information about these posts? Been a while and I wanted to refresh my memory of the advert, supporting information etc.

Google executive officer 2020 information booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

Hi anyone know how to go back and access the initial information about these posts? Been a while and I wanted to refresh my memory of the advert, supporting information etc.

Attachments to the thread
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=2058098580

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Divisadero wrote: »
    If you are a previous CO who is promoted to EO and you fail to pass EO probation or decide that you are not able for the position you may revert to your previous CO grade. You are not "out on your ear". Your previous Department has to offer you the option of returning as a CO.

Apologies to you and anyone else I contradicted on this. I was wrong. Apologies for any confusion caused to other posters

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Apologies to you and anyone else I contradicted on this. I was wrong. Apologies for any confusion caused to other posters

No hassle No. 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

Just completed my E-Tray there. I actually found it quite interesting other than having to just sit there with nothing to do for 20 minutes at the end. The only thing I did find off-putting was the lack of sound notifications when you get a new e-mail.

Buster97 wrote: »
    Just completed my E-Tray there. I actually found it quite interesting other than having to just sit there with nothing to do for 20 minutes at the end. The only thing I did find off-putting was the lack of sound notifications when you get a new e-mail.
    Yeah I found the lack of a notification sound annoying in the familiarisation annoying.

I havent done the live test yet. Did you have 20 minutes at the end of live test? I had time left with the familiarisation but dont think it will be the same with the live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I cant speak for this Etray but the one I did in PAS was a huge jump in difficulty compared to the sample.. It still perfectly managable though so dont worry too much on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Myself1979

Hi , i hope your etray went well. Does anyone know if a laptop / pc with camera is needed this time as i will have to get a loan of one again if so. Thanks and good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

cw67irl wrote: »
    I cant speak for this Etray but the one I did in PAS was a huge jump in difficulty compared to the sample.. It still perfectly managable though so dont worry too much on it
    Can i ask how proficient do you need to be in computers? I am proficient in Microsoft office and some other programmes used in work (but pretty much self taught) Would i need to brush up? Or is it just answering emails, adding stuff onto spreadsheets etc? From your previous years, i know u said u haven't done this one yet? Thanks

Myself1979 wrote: »
    Hi , i hope your etray went well. Does anyone know if a laptop / pc with camera is needed this time as i will have to get a loan of one again if so. Thanks and good luck everyone :)

Nothing is recorded so you definitely won’t need a webcam!

• Advertisement

fionnr01 wrote: »
    Can i ask how proficient do you need to be in computers? I am proficient in Microsoft office and some other programmes used in work (but pretty much self taught) Would i need to brush up? Or is it just answering emails, adding stuff onto spreadsheets etc? From your previous years, i know u said u haven't done this one yet? Thanks

Honestly you don’t need to be that proficient at all, for the most part it’s essentially surveys where you rate possible responses or what you would do in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Myself1979

Thank you much appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Found mine difficult. Finished with about 15 minutes to go but had one question I went back to and spent a while trying to work out. Feeling really anxious about this now - it's been a pretty bad year for me work-wise and was hoping this would go well. I'm a bit discouraged post E-tray. How's everyone else feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Found mine difficult. Finished with about 15 minutes to go but had one question I went back to and spent a while trying to work out. Feeling really anxious about this now - it's been a pretty bad year for me work-wise and was hoping this would go well. I'm a bit discouraged post E-tray. How's everyone else feeling?

All I'd say to you is they don't look for perfection. Got things wrong here and there on mine but still passed with a good score.

I found it difficult as well. I didn't really have any time at the end just went over everything.

I dont have a lot of hope but who knows.

For some reason I found the email difficult to compose which usually I'm good at.

I also dont think i responded to some emails in the right order.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Jay328 wrote: »
    I found it difficult as well. I didn't really have any time at the end just went over everything.

I dont have a lot of hope but who knows.

For some reason I found the email difficult to compose which usually I'm good at.

I also dont think i responded to some emails in the right order.

I found some of the scenarios quite subjective to rate. I think that's what I'm most worried about. Any idea when we can expect to find out the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

For those of you that completed the e-tray.

How long did you get to complete it?

Can you amend change (answers) or is it rigid?

Was it recorded as in, did you have to do the passport thing every so often?

Cheers

I found some of the scenarios quite subjective to rate. I think that's what I'm most worried about. Any idea when we can expect to find out the result?

Yeah some of the scenarios were tough. I changed a few at the end.

I just keep overthinking the email I dont know if I covered everything.

The only thing is I answered all the questions so there is hope.

Given the amount that have been called I would say at least 2 weeks but could easily be longer.

For those of you that completed the e-tray.

How long did you get to complete it?

Can you amend change (answers) or is it rigid?

Was it recorded as in, did you have to do the passport thing every so often?

Cheers

You have an hour and half to complete it.

You can amend some questions right up until the end but the ones in emails if you send the email you can't change your answer.

No it's not recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Did the familiarisation this morning and then the real deal. Familiarisation was good and helpful for the real thing. I was tight for time and just got everything done and checked by the end but it's done now and the waiting begins. Glad to have that box ticked. Good luck to anyone still to do it.

Advertisement