Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭gestappo

All I'd say to you is they don't look for perfection. Got things wrong here and there on mine but still passed with a good score.

Do you mind me asking what type of things you got wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

gestappo wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what type of things you got wrong?

We had to book in appointments and I didn't do it optimally; realised after the etray was over. My letter was pretty short and to the point, not sure if that was wrong or what they were looking for really.

We had to book in appointments and I didn't do it optimally; realised after the etray was over. My letter was pretty short and to the point, not sure if that was wrong or what they were looking for really.

cheers for that. Had a similar experience with the etray I sat last year. It was more complicated than this years one and that alone has thrown me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Has anyone from Dublin OOM around 1700+ been contacted about an etray yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Fbjm wrote: »
    I'm 1500 and haven't been contacted yet. Wouldn't be expecting any contact for quite a while either to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Marie20201

I just finished my E-Tray there. I didn't find the tasks too challenging but I guess it's just hard to know what they rank as 'good, adequate, weak, bad'.

I did find that it took me a while, at the end when I had everything done I had about 5 minutes to spare to check over my work - did anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Marie20201 wrote: »
    I just finished my E-Tray there. I didn't find the tasks too challenging but I guess it's just hard to know what they rank as 'good, adequate, weak, bad'.

I did find that it took me a while, at the end when I had everything done I had about 5 minutes to spare to check over my work - did anyone else?

I had very little time at the end. I answered all the question and emails and skimmed over everything at the end to make sure I didnt miss anything.

Looking back on it I dont think I used my time well. I kept going back and forth on things which slowed me down a lot and nearly missed a couple of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Fbjm wrote: »

Inside 500 here and have not been called yet.

Expect to be in the next batch or the one after that.

Up to 200 on the Interdepartmental OOM was called for Dublin afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Could anyone explain how the interview is handled with respect to the batches?

Is it a case that people from batch 1 will always be batch 1 as long as they pass the etray?

• Advertisement

JDWW wrote: »
    Could anyone explain how the interview is handled with respect to the batches?

Is it a case that people from batch 1 will always be batch 1 as long as they pass the etray?

Yes, that’s the way they worked it before.

The next OOM will determine, if successful in the etray, who will be first for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zhome

Hi. I wonder if somebody could provide some help or advice. I accessed the familiarisation link last night and wemt through the processes and, as I understood it, completed the practice exercises.

I then logged out with a view to accessing the the main exercise today through the second limk sent by public jobs. However when I followed the link through the most recent message it brought me back to the same place where I was last night that I had accessed via the familiarisation link.

From having read the instructions I understood that I would have to wait until the familiarisation aspect timed out and that then I would begin to receive emails and exercises for completion as part of the process proper.

However the exercise just timed out and told me I had completed the exercise. It then logged me out automatically.

Now when I try to reaccess the etray exercise via the message on public jobs it is telling me that I have already completed the exercise.

I cant understand why this has happened as I never received any additional questions, documents or emails prior to it logging me out and telling me my test was complete.

I sent a mail to public jobs at 4.30 today but I dont think they will see it until tomorrow morning which will be too late. I also dont know if there is any IT contact that may be currently available as I cant get beyond the link.

Im very deflated around this whole episode as I soent the past dew days preparing.and cant figure out what has gone wrong.

Has anyone here had a similar experience? Any suggestions as to what may have happened? Or possible solutions?

Thanks in advance

Z

Zhome wrote: »
    Hi. I wonder if somebody could provide some help or advice. I accessed the familiarisation link last night and wemt through the processes and, as I understood it, completed the practice exercises.

I then logged out with a view to accessing the the main exercise today through the second limk sent by public jobs. However when I followed the link through the most recent message it brought me back to the same place where I was last night that I had accessed via the familiarisation link.

From having read the instructions I understood that I would have to wait until the familiarisation aspect timed out and that then I would begin to receive emails and exercises for completion as part of the process proper.

However the exercise just timed out and told me I had completed the exercise. It then logged me out automatically.

Now when I try to reaccess the etray exercise via the message on public jobs it is telling me that I have already completed the exercise.

I cant understand why this has happened as I never received any additional questions, documents or emails prior to it logging me out and telling me my test was complete.

I sent a mail to public jobs at 4.30 today but I dont think they will see it until tomorrow morning which will be too late. I also dont know if there is any IT contact that may be currently available as I cant get beyond the link.

Im very deflated around this whole episode as I soent the past dew days preparing.and cant figure out what has gone wrong.

Has anyone here had a similar experience? Any suggestions as to what may have happened? Or possible solutions?

Thanks in advance

Z

Doesn’t sound right tbh.

There was an email address to contact if you stumbled upon any issues. It wasn’t publicjobs so I’d refer to that booklet and contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thanks in advance

Z

The Support Helpline details are on Page 4 in the Information Booklet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Numvhuy

Was it only Dublin called for etray so far? I haven't been on in ages so just catching up, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Numvhuy wrote: »
    Was it only Dublin called for etray so far? I haven't been on in ages so just catching up, thanks

Yes, just Dublin so far. Unless I’m mistaken, they are calling other counties for etray if and when vacancies arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

As always I put it off and put it off to get into the head space and then it wasn't so bad in the end.

That being said, watch as I crash down the OOM after this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Any estimates for when results might be out for those who've done the E-Tray? Gestappo, I'm looking at you

Any estimates for when results might be out for those who've done the E-Tray? Gestappo, I'm looking at you

I’m thinking around the 27th, two weeks time from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allisgrand

gestappo wrote: »
    Up to 200 on the Interdepartmental OOM was called for Dublin afaik

Don't think they quite hit 200. Colleague a bit below not called yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

allisgrand wrote: »
    Don't think they quite hit 200. Colleague a bit below not called yet.

As a guide I was late 180s and I was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

As a guide I was late 180s and I was called.

And I am late 190's and i wasnt...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Yes, just Dublin so far. Unless I’m mistaken, they are calling other counties for etray if and when vacancies arise.
    Hmm, So no pattern we can attempt to follow as to when our county be called... Im wondering will Westmeath be soon? Going by the budget dept of education was given the most funding, even more than health... I know alot will be allocated to actual bricks and mortar for classrooms but Im thinking they will need more civil servants too? Can anyone concur? Prob wishful thinking too as its one of my county's

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

Thanks in advance

Z

Hi there,

I'm just wondering how you got on? Did they ever get back to you about your etray? I'd hate to think of someone missing out because of a glitch. Fingers crossed you got to do it again 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Received this message from PAS when queried which counties will be called forward....

"Both streams will be called,

To start with we have invited a limited number of Dublin candidates to stage 2. We will look at other locations once this has concluded. As of now we have not decided which locations they will be."

So Dublin first, then I'd imagine they will look at another counties in time....

Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

To start with we have invited a limited number of Dublin candidates to stage 2. We will look at other locations once this has concluded. As of now we have not decided which locations they will be."
    Tia

Does this imply that they won't be calling anyone outside the people already called for Dublin until a few other counties are done?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Does this imply that they won't be calling anyone outside the people already called for Dublin until a few other counties are done?

That's how I understood it. Maybe it depends on how many are successful for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Has anyone been called recently?

Those who sat the etray, have you received results?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Has anyone been called recently?

Those who sat the etray, have you received results?

No results from e-tray yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Nada. But it usually takes at least two weeks from the closing date for results to be announced. AFAIK closing date for doing the etray was 11/11? so expect results to be 25/11 at the earliest.

But also (more experienced people are free to to weight in with more valid info) the etray did require a 'unique' email composition which will obviously need human review so it's not a case of using an algorithm to spew out a result, so that might delay things even more.

Advertisement