Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Of the two David Burke is the bigger loss, Daithi Burke is overrated as a full back, great under a high dropping ball but struggles against fast skilful players and poor at clearing his lines which has led to Galway conceding a lot of soft goals, 2018 final a prime example

You're either on the wind or you haven't a clue. Daithi was left unprotected in 2018 because we played an injured GMac at CB in the final. Hes at minimum top 3 in the FB position with a good shout for no1.

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    Based on last week, I'll take Tipp. LK not even close to threatening goals will have to change to beat Tipp. Something tells me neither will make the final or at least take Liam home. Not based on much but feeling. Not the year we'd have hoped for but consider myself lucky to have any championship at all, though personally would rather have had a full club competition. can't have it all. ��ðŸ½

Limericks problem won't be goals, it will be that they may fall into the trap of thinking they have a championship match behind them when the game against Clare was nothing more than a glorified challenge match. Not hits, not pressure, no blocking or hooking worth talking about. The game wasn't even close to championship level. We'll see if todays games step it up a notch or 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Can't watch the start of the hurling now due to Cavan drawing with Monaghan. No red button for me. Why has this happened again? No build up to the hurling. And missing it now.

Can't watch the start of the hurling now due to Cavan drawing with Monaghan. No red button for me. Why has this happened again? No build up to the hurling. And missing it now.

Just hope it doesn't go to penalties. 90 mins of this muck is enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Frustrating to miss the start of the hurling. Some kick to win it at the end there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

If ye can't see the hurling thats an issue with your sky box, restart it

Frustrating to miss the start of the hurling. Some kick to win it at the end there though.

Great score but terrible the games overlapped. All they had to do to avoid this is play the football 30 minutes earlier to avoid the possiblities of a draw and extra time.

Anyway we're good to go!

If ye can't see the hurling thats an issue with your sky box, restart it

Virgin box for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Commentator here is brutal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

10 wides for Cork in 20 minutes is some awful shooting. No goal chances as of yet.

• Advertisement

Neither team finding any rhythm. Havent strung 3 or 4 passes together yet. Its very long ball hit and hope stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

If the Galway team that played against Limerick in February turns out this year, they haven't a hope of winning an AI.

However if the team that turned out just before the lockdown and hammered Tipperary, they have as good of a chance as the other two.

I wouldn't bet either way as the match in Limerick was one of the worst I went to and the Tipperary game was the best they played in two years so who knows.

What i would say about Limerick is they were a Joe free away from drawing that AI and we were absolutely toxic apart from the 9mins of injury time.
    Coughed up possession for at least two goals in simple ways you wouldnt normally see. And despite that they were nearly caught.

I wouldn't be blowing that team up to the heights others are.

That was 2 years ago. Limerick have actually improved since 2018. If anything they won that AI ahead of schedule

Gleeson with two bad wides.

Both teams very wasteful

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Similiar to last week in how open the game is and the lack of anyhard tackling. The game is so loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

21 wides in just under 30 minutes of hurling. Even taking into account the unusual circumstances of this championship you’d expect better than that from two inter county teams.

Lovely score from Shane Kingston.

Some pace shown by Kingston there after Cork disposessed Waterford. And a spurned goal chance from Waterford on the half time whistle.

After watching the first half i don't think a three point lead will be sufficiant and i expect Cork to win.

Waterford should be more than three points ahead at half time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork will surely not be as bad in the second half. They are somehow still in it after that very poor first half.

• Advertisement

Dublin getting a schooling off Kilkenny. All the issues last week are there to see again.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    21 wides in just under 30 minutes of hurling. Even taking into account the unusual circumstances of this championship you’d expect better than that from two inter county teams.

The club championship was at a much higher standard than the IC fare so far especially in Limerick, KK and Tipp.

Setup for an interesting 2nd half. Lot of aimless wides early on. Waterford started working the ball into the full forward a bit better later on. They look more likely to get a goal. You'd expect cork to improve in 2nd half though.

threeball wrote: »
    Dublin getting a schooling off Kilkenny. All the issues last week are there to see again.

We're getting a licking off the cats.

Jaysus just saw the Dublin Kilkenny score. Hope Dublin were playing into a gale in that half :)

Kk on fire, they'll be tough bet this year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Open game is tv speak for poor game.

Playing against the wind isn’t looking like an issue for Waterford. Bill cooper with a good response.

Kk on fire, they'll be tough bet this year.

Wouldn't agree they're on fire. They're above average but Dublin are very poor. No touch whatsoever and poor decisions everywhere. Ballyhale would beat Dublin

• Advertisement

55 attempts for a score l in 38 minutes of play. Modern hurling scorefest.

Advertisement