Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Level in croke park!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,087 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

All part of Codys master plan Im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭threeball

TJ missing frees as well. Set up for a shock. Cody will ate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jesus what happend too Kilkenny ?, great comeback for Dublin but sadly not enough

Waterford finally winning in the championship, nothing too lose in the Munster final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

The cats win by a point. Happy for Dublin that they got back into it and didn't get a hiding! Something to take into the qualifiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Jaysus. Great comeback but not enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thought Kilkenny had already collected Liam
    Dublin with a fine comeback, although just not enough.
    Tomorrows game should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hoggie really has a beautiful strike of the ball.

The figurehead of the worst Cork team of my lifetime. Good hurler alright but has never dragged his team to a level higher than their current ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Have no idea what happened in Dublin game. But sounds like a terrific Dubs comeback that fell agonisingly short. No shame in losing after leaving everything on the pitch. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

We seen Dublin hurling summed up there in 75 mins
    The worst and the best
    Jury still out on kk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Is there a strong wind in croke park?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The figurehead of the worst Cork team of my lifetime. Good hurler alright but has never dragged his team to a level higher than their current ability.

Hoggie has dragged Cork along for years. His scoring record speaks for itself.
    It's hardly his fault.
    We've been lucky he's been an ever present player. I shudder to think of this Cork team without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

C__MC wrote: »
    We seen Dublin hurling summed up there in 75 mins
    The worst and the best
    Jury still out on kk

Dublin have some fantastic hurlers.

It’s belief I think they are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Is there a strong wind in Croke park?

Not particularly from watching it. Swirling maybe. Didn't account for what was very strange match. 16 points down at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CorkSport

Delighted for Cahill and waterford. Very good display and well deserved winners.

Yes, Cork supporters will recognise that always but, with respect, Waterford did well today because they were allowed to. Cork supporters have had enough - this team tests every fibre of their patience; gutless; no ball winners in the air; obvious tactics not acted upon (Waterford's half back dominance); etc. Diarmuid O'Sullivan in 2018 called Cork supporters 'fickle' - I reckon he needs to revise that assessment. Horrible to watch our great County slide year on year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Kilkenny are definitely overrated, yes there a top 5 or 6 team at the same level as the likes of wexford or galway but talk in some sections of the media of them definitely being a top 3 team, having possibly the best panel in the country are off the mark in my view, seen people suggesting a competitive showing would be a decent effort for Dublin next Saturday which is crazy stuff to me.
    I maintain what I said above...

Thought Kilkenny had already collected Liam
    Dublin with a fine comeback, although just not enough.
    Tomorrows game should be a cracker.

The one this evening should be good stuff too. Two teams that would have one eye on it this year.

• I maintain what I said above...
    Kilkenny are going to win the whole shabang.

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

It's hardly his fault.
    We've been lucky he's been an ever present player. I shudder to think of this Cork team without him.

Yep and again 0-5 points from play today, couldn't fault him. Super hurler, and just like after that mercurial performance in Croker last year I feel sorry for the man as to when he came along. Wouldn't be out of place in any great Cork team.

Hard luck today, we were due one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Jaysus that was heart stopping stuff, you can be guaranteed Cody won't let that happen again. There was nothing in it at the end Kilkenny just got the bounces and a moment of inspiration from Huw Lawlor was the difference in the end.

Funnily enough, I thought Kilkenny were actually a bit off the boil in the first half too, those three goals weren't an indictment of the Dublin defense moreso just three absolute moments of magic, I didn't feel there had actually been much in it and the halftime scoreline had flattered Kilkenny.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dublin went on a run in the qualifiers, they showed enough tonight to be a challenge to any other side. Tipp and Limerick won't be fearful of Kilkenny at all looking on tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Have no idea what happened in Dublin game. But sounds like a terrific Dubs comeback that fell agonisingly short. No shame in losing after leaving everything on the pitch. Pity.

It was something I've never seen with a Cody team, they fell asleep for the second half

It's hardly his fault.

Exactly, he can't do much more than scoring 15pts a game. Its those round him that need to man up

I expect this to be a great game. Wexford play Real hard running blood and guts stuff and you have to match them to stay with them. If wexford don't bring it they'll get a kicking and they know it so I expect a high tempo to this game tonight.

thelad95 wrote: »
    you can be guaranteed Cody won't let that happen again. .

God Im so sick of this line. Cody doesnt get to choose whether this happens again or not and if the players arent good enough this will happen again.

He doesnt have the team he used to and fair play KK made the final last year but have won FA for a few years now and got serious beatin in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

It should be remembered alot of teams first game in months

So far games very open and high scoring and the usual championship intensity

Teams struggling with 70 minute games as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Me too.

Breaking news. Kilkenny man thinks Kilkenny will win All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

threeball wrote: »
    I expect this to be a great game. Wexford play Real hard running blood and guts stuff and you have to match them to stay with them. If wexford don't bring it they'll get a kicking and they know it so I expect a high tempo to this game tonight.

It should be a cracker.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    God Im so sick of this line. Cody doesnt get to choose whether this happens again or not and if the players arent good enough this will happen again.

He doesnt have the team he used to and fair play KK made the final last year but have won FA for a few years now and got serious beatin in the final

That wasn't down to skill, fitness, tactics or not being good enough, that was purely mindset. Its definitely something Cody can and will impose on the team simply by being ruthless and subbing anyone who starts dropping the pace. The others will get the message.

• slegs wrote: »
    Breaking news. Kilkenny man thinks Kilkenny will win All Ireland.

First time in a few years I've thought it.

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    That wasn't down to skill, fitness, tactics or not being good enough, that was purely mindset. Its definitely something Cody can and will impose on the team simply by being ruthless and subbing anyone who starts dropping the pace. The others will get the message.

Ya he will tell them to make sure they win better next time. I bet his opposition manager would never think of saying that.

He cant sub and drop like he used to because the players are not there to rotate. Hes a great manager and probably getting more from this average KK team than anyone else but if screaming at these lads is all it takes then why didnt it work last year or the year before that or 2017

Advertisement