Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Note the words I used. I didn't say that we benefited from being white.

And yes, I essentially said that white privilege was idiotic.

Dunno why you're objecting to what I wrote... since it supports your pov. :D

I know I just want to make sure right from the stat.

My initial post stated I have never benefited from white privilege, and whilst you agreed, the opening line of your post was something i wanted to address.

White privilege and white guilt are 2 of the most retarded nonsense brainwashing bull**** warped ideologies spewed by white hating racists or white people who have been brainwashed

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

I'm curious... you say that Wibbs keeps peddling this fact/opinion about the thread.. how many times has he done so? (Since peddling would suggest that he's bringing it up often)

False statements against the pro-multicultural side of the debate, such as being the most threadbanned, have been brought up often:
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Of the ban and cards handed out on this very thread, the vast majority of them have been handed out to posters on the pro multicultural side.
    All of the thread banned and outright banned posters on this thread have been from the pro side because of the run to insult after what debating points they had were disputed. The insults are very much the tendency of one side in this.
    Well on this thread significantly more of the promulticultural posters have been carded and banned than the antis.
    How many in favour of it fall back on direct and open insult and attack? Put it another way; of those that have been banned for attacking the posters not their posts, which side of the debate are they on?

etc. These can be easily disproved. The list of banned users is given on the first page. A simple search of their posts shows that only a third of them are pro-multicultural.
    If you're very bored - and lord knows you'd have to be very bored :D - go through the thread and look for cards and forum bans

Don't attempt to insult those who fact check your bogus statements as being "very bored".
    What's the percentage of pro-multicultural posters on this thread? It's certainly not a third. The vast majority are anti to some degree. Even from your tally the pro side are still overrepresented.

Your attempt at changing the goalposts from "All of the thread banned posters on this thread have been from the pro side" to "the pro side are still overrepresented" is obvious.

This is becoming indicative of this thread. Instead of it degenerating into liars out-lying liars, fact check yer own posts before posting them.

McHardcore wrote: »
    This is becoming indicative of this thread. Instead of it degenerating into liars out-lying liars, fact check yer own posts before posting them.

Ahh yes, because rather than discuss multiculturalism in Ireland, you decide to go on a tangent like this. Yeah.. you're really setting a high standard for posting to the thread.

Are you calling me a liar? The point I made about the threadban list not including all of those who were banned is actually true.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

Ahh yes, because rather than discuss multiculturalism in Ireland, you decide to go on a tangent like this. Yeah.. you're really setting a high standard for posting to the thread.

Are you calling me a liar?

Read my post again. You are misrepresenting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I just noticed this post.

It's a special type of linguistic gymnastics you need to possess in order to both play the victim of something you say that is imposed on you against your will, while claiming to have superiority.

Fair play cause I thought I was only one who was of your view till you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

McHardcore wrote: »
    etc. These can be easily disproved. The list of banned users is given on the first page. A simple search of their posts shows that only a third of them are pro-multicultural.
    Thread banned users. And again the breakdown of posters on this thread would not make up a third pro multiculturalism. That's before we get to the forum bans, cards and deleted posts. Beyond this tangential pedantry the fact remains that more of a percentage of pro multicultural posters attract negative attention from their posts. But if that's all you have in your debate arsenal work away.
    Don't attempt to insult those who fact check your bogus statements as being "very bored".
    How in god's name is that an insult? I know tone can be hard to get across in text but the smiley should have been a clue(NB not a load of passive aggressive ones either). You do understand a bit of humour to lighten things? Or nuance and that was hardly nuanced. That was no insult to anyone in that.
    annnnd we're right back to the trend of a pro multiculturalism running to attack, on top of the deflection tactics.
    Ahh yes, because rather than discuss multiculturalism in Ireland, you decide to go on a tangent like this.
    Because as we've seen the arguments for pro multiculturalism are remarkably and suprisiingly thin. The "antis" don't seem to require nearly so much deflection or defensiveness, all the way up to aggression. That doesn't say much for one side of the debate.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I would dearly love to know how you personally have benefited, and why you think because you say you did, everyone else therefore by your logic must have,

Please explain to me how I have gotten white privilege, astound me with your evidence.

well faugheen ?

I am still waiting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish-news/family-of-george-nkencho-shot-dead-by-armed-gardai-last-december-appeal-for-support-ahead-of-inquest-40519601.html

I'd find it hard to get someone to give me a lift to something important on a weekday morning, never mind enough to hold a big protest, but I guess that's the types of people they hang around with.

9:45am is a bit early to ensure a full crowd, the Solidarity PBP activists wouldn't be writing their first Tweet at that hour never mind up out of the scratcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Shebean wrote: »
    Three generations of a Muslim family out for a Sunday evening walk, mowed down and killed by a racist in a pickup truck. Canada, the other day.
    If it were a Muslim running down a Christian family it would be headline news around the world with all sorts of Facebook flag profiles.
    No threads on this. All we get is racism passing as multicultural debate or concern.
    That's my view of multicultural debate, rife with bigots looking for a platform on the 'new Irish' and so on.

Not really true, if anything I find that the media tries to play down Islamist massacres. For example, 174 people were murdered by jihadis in Burkina Faso but that has barely appeared in the news.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

well faugheen ?

I am still waiting ?

Don't call out another poster like this, nobody is required to respond to anyone else's post

• Advertisement

This thread has rarely been anti genuine asylum seeker. It has been anti bogus asylum seeker. There's a big difference.

Is there?
    What is the difference?
    There is a system in place for asylum seekers, genuine cases are allowed to stay, anyone else does not get leave to stay.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Is there?
    What is the difference?
    There is a system in place for asylum seekers, genuine cases are allowed to stay, anyone else does not get leave to stay.

Except that many have managed to stay due to extended appeals, and requests for paperwork to be processed.

"If negative and wishing to remain the applicant may apply for ‘Subsidiary Protection’ or ‘Permission to Remain’, both allowing the individual to remain in the country despite not qualifying as a refugee almost always within Direct Provision. There is no limit on appeals with applicants allowed to avail of a judicial review at the High Court to challenge any aspect of the IPAT decision, all at the State’s expense. "

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Is there?
    What is the difference?

I think Klaz answered your question in the post above.

I'd be very surprised if you genuinely didn't know why there would be different attitudes towards individuals in genuine need for asylum and those not that are not. Regardless of the financial cost to the state, the more bogus applications there are only delays genuine asylum seeker applications being processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

enricoh wrote: »
    Read an article in last Sundays Sunday times about White middle class American women paying 6 grand to host a dinner in their own homes with their friends. For 6 grand you get a black woman who talks/ lectures you about white privelige, black struggles etc etc.

Fair play to them, milking eejits for 6k a night - winner winner chicken dinner!

How very dare you link black people with chicken!!

https://youtu.be/W8YAK8oMEKI

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I see Nkencho was now unarmed.

I don't follow this stuff. Wasn't there a kitchen knife?

Is there?
    What is the difference?

Again, this isn't true

why let things like the truth get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Again, this isn't true
    I like to see some stats on numbers of those who leave after being denied asylum, numbers of those who get leave to remain despite being refused refugee status and numbers of those that just stay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rolling Stone

Well unarmed except for brandishing a knife according to Ruth Coppinger. Was in such a rush to beat the virtue signaling brigade to a tweet that she posted that brain fart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Well unarmed except for brandishing a knife according to Ruth Coppinger. Was in such a rush to beat the virtue signaling brigade to a tweet that she posted that brain fart.

No, that's just standard for Coppinger Pretty much every utterance from her on important issues is a brain fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

vicwatson wrote: »

Totally different video, different cars and I'd say one of the drivers was middle eastern

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

There’s nothing there, I suppose the reporter failed to check the ethnicity beforehand? Happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

THE MINISTER FOR Children and Equality questioned the Garda Commissioner today on what the force is doing to improve relationships between gardaí and black and mixed race people in Dublin.

Minister Roderic O’Gorman and Commissioner Drew Harris met today to discuss how An Garda Síochána is engaging with communities in Dublin 15 following the garda shooting of Geoge Nkencho last December.

Harris told the Equality Minister that work is underway to improve diversity and anti-bias training programmes for gardaí and to develop more positive relationships between gardaí and ethnic minority communities.

The minister said that they “discussed a number of issues relating to community policing, including the steps being taken by the Commissioner to ensure that respect for diversity is at the heart of day-to-day policing in all our communities”.

“Following the tragic death of George Nkencho, I asked Commissioner Harris about the specific efforts that are being made to improve relations between gardaí and the black and mixed race communities in the Dublin 15 area in the aftermath of this incident,” O’Gorman said.

“We also discussed the urgency of tackling racism and the work of An Garda Síochána to protect victims of racism and encourage people to report racist incidents to the Gardaí,” O’Gorman said.

Gardaí shot George Nkencho multiple times outside his home on Manorsfields Drive in Clonee, Co Dublin at the end of December.

Since his death, ethnic minority communities and supporters have reiterated calls for greater racial equality in Ireland and in how people are treated by the gardaí.

Outside his funeral in March, friends and neighbours held posters in his memory, with one saying: “Farewell, George – we won’t forget, we’ll stand for justice and truth.”

Garda Commissioner Harris said today that 310 Garda Diversity Officers are responsible for supporting diversity and cultural awareness, and said that they are “working hard to build trust with under-represented and minority communities”.

An act that had nothing to do with racism, is being spun as a racial issue that must be solved. This is the exact mindset that's running rampant in America, that will likely lead to their fall, yet we in Ireland ignore the potential damage of such beliefs, and run down the same road. What's clear from all of this framing is that certain groups are automatically believed to be racist, or have some racial issues, which means that they must atone for their sins, and submit themselves to the desires of political radicals for "acceptance".

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

TomTomTim wrote: »
    An act that had nothing to do with racism, is being spun as a racial issue that must be solved. This is the exact mindset that's running rampant in America, that will likely lead to their fall, yet we in Ireland ignore the potential damage of such beliefs, and run down the same road. What's clear from all of this framing is that certain groups are automatically believed to be racist, or have some racial issues, which means that they must atone for their sins, and submit themselves to the desires of political radicals for "acceptance".

Ah stop its very important Roderics friends who work in "Diversity Training" be given jobs and money by the state.

This is the new jobs for the boys/girls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭randd1

Translated to " why can't we not commit antisocial behavior/ crimes without the racist gardai arresting and harassing us " .

There should be no multiculturalism when it comes to policing , you break the law , you get arrested . Except in the case of George , whose family got a bigger , newer house

I hung around with a mixed race bloke for years when I was younger , his father was a doctor and came over here well before all the anchor babies fiasco . People might be shocked to know but he dressed the same as us , talked the same music as us , ate the same food , his father owned a big house and drove a nice car , they aren't from another planet as some activists would have you believe. That's the type of migrant we should have only allowed in , it's doesn't matter what colour you are but we should only accept people who actually support themselves and their families, without coming here looking for a handout .

The gardai would be better off employing more police instead of wasting more money on gardai diversity officers and cultural awareness training, so they can be tackling real crime . Give it another 10 years and crime and violence will be rife in them areas and it'll be like England and America with politicians and " activists" blaming everything on racism , no investment , racist police , slavery and white privilege .

That's the problem with multiculturalism some cultures keep the head down and have a strong work ethic , others just play the system and don't provide much in return .
    There's another type of immigrant.

A neighbour down the road from us came over here about 20 years ago from the UK, an Indian chap and his family. Not particularly educated, and neither was his wife. They had 4 kids of schools going age.

Now they got a council house which some of the locals weren't happy about. Typical bloody immigrants getting everything talk around the area.

The father worked for years in a supermarket as he couldn't really get anywhere else due to a lack of qualifications. The mother didn't work.

The thing is though, while he worked whatever hours he could, without fail, the mother made sure her kids went to school. The kids mixed with locals no bother, and they were pleasant to talk to.

Roll on 20 years, the 4 kids are in decent well paying jobs, the wife works as a cleaner and father the works in a different shop, and they're part of the local furniture.

The point is sometimes immigrants who might not be skilled do come here with the intention of making the most of what little they have in order to give their kids something better.

Immigrants who want to come into this country? Yeah better that they're skilled, but far more important is the attitude to work hard, become a part of the community and guide their kids to do as best they can. Being skilled is secondary for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

randd1 wrote: »
    There's another type of immigrant.

A neighbour down the road from us came over here about 20 years ago from the UK, an Indian chap and his family. Not particularly educated, and neither was his wife. They had 4 kids of schools going age.

Now they got a council house which some of the locals weren't happy about. Typical bloody immigrants getting everything talk around the area.

The father worked for years in a supermarket as he couldn't really get anywhere else due to a lack of qualifications. The mother didn't work.

The thing is though, while he worked whatever hours he could, without fail, the mother made sure her kids went to school. The kids mixed with locals no bother, and they were pleasant to talk to.

Roll on 20 years, the 4 kids are in decent well paying jobs, the wife works as a cleaner and father the works in a different shop, and they're part of the local furniture.

The point is sometimes immigrants who might not be skilled do come here with the intention of making the most of what little they have in order to give their kids something better.

Immigrants who want to come into this country? Yeah better that they're skilled, but far more important is the attitude to work hard, become a part of the community and guide their kids to do as best they can. Being skilled is secondary for me.

Yes I'd agree with that point , but I'd like to say indians have historically have a strong work ethics . Look at the different nationalities of migrants in England who are the most successful , it's the indians and chinese at the top , whereas Pakistani and afro Caribbean are at the bottom . Pakistan and India are right beside each other on the map , yet one group is at the top and the other is at the bottom when it comes to income . How is that possible . You can't blame it on racism . Do you think a Roma family in Ireland with a heap of kids is going to be contributing to the economy in a few years time compared to a polish family with 2 or 3 kids. Some cultures have have a totally different to work compared to others .

I worked in a unskilled job during the recession you pay nearly no tax. Now if that person is getting rent allowance , child benefit etc it's putting more of a drain on the economy . We've a massive housing crisis , the health systems a mess, Overcrowded schools and we're 200 + billion in debt . The last thing we need is more unskilled labour just so NGOs and bleeding hearts can feel good about themselves. I rather we took in people who can earn money that's taxable and buy their own house instead of relying on the state .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

TomTomTim wrote: »

A reminder of last summer

And what’s taken root here; on the island of Ireland. So how do you tame this absolute crowd, only set to get bigger go down on bended knee? An attempt to appease, sate and nurture their ravenous appetite for “justice” and “equality”. No you don’t, you starve it of oxygen and don’t give them the platform to spread any further. Basically get a grip; before we end up in the fecking toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

Ah stop its very important Roderics friends who work in "Diversity Training" be given jobs and money by the state.

This is the new jobs for the boys/girls

Unfortunate. Not only are these programs ineffective, some (enforced mandatory training, for instance) may actually increase the type of animosity they purport to be aimed at solving. Couple of good links:

https://hbr.org/2016/07/why-diversity-programs-fail

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210614-why-ineffective-diversity-training-wont-go-away

Still, for those working in the area, that isn't necessarily a problem...

Advertisement