Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

briany wrote: »
    She'd want a truly overwhelming growth, then, because she'd be getting few votes off the rest.

It's what labour are doing in England as the natives have turned their backs on them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

briany wrote: »
    If it's true that the young lad was driving a car A) Without tax and/or insurance, B) Without a learner's permit, C) Without an accompanying qualified driver and last but certainly not least D) Underage, rendering the rest moot, then, yeah, the Gardai were absolutely correct to arrest him, as they would be to any individual doing same, regardless of colour or creed or socioeconomic situation.

A friend of mine works for the company that built that estate where the arrest occurred. Them houses are going for 425,000 . The system here is a joke

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The barely disguised wanton racism and xenophobia in this thread is really disgusting.

It is one thing to voice your concerns about unfettered immigration to Ireland and its consequences - but quite another to whip up xenophobic hatred and drop some casual homophobia in there too.

The Current Affairs forum is where all the bigots and hate mongers on boards come out to play... keep them corralled and watched over.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Will_I_Regret

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The barely disguised wanton racism and xenophobia in this thread is really disgusting.

Care to point some of it out? Not being smart there either, I must have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

It is one thing to voice your concerns about unfettered immigration to Ireland and its consequences - but quite another to whip up xenophobic hatred and drop some casual homophobia in there too.

The Current Affairs forum is where all the bigots and hate mongers on boards come out to play... keep them corralled and watched over.

Posters like yourself are descending into parody. As usual, big claims, yet you somehow haven't quoted one post that backs up your claims. This "OMG I'm outraged" style of posting is getting so tiresome. Thankfully more and more people are getting fed up with it, and recognizing it for what it is: emotional manipulation.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Posters like yourself are descending into parody. As usual, big claims, yet you somehow haven't quoted one post that backs up your claims. This "OMG I'm outraged" style of posting is getting so tiresome. Thankfully more and more people are getting fed up with it, and recognizing it for what it is: emotional manipulation.

It is their modus operandi. They generalise with comments like "all the bigots and hate mongers" on Current Affairs and yet fail to post their views on Multiculturalism in Ireland, which is the thread topic. Insulting posters versus contributing to the discussion is getting a bit jaded and should be confined to places like Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yes, new(ish) accounts come along every now and then with actual -ist/-phobic posts but are swiftly banned/threadbanned and correctly so. Happens on lots of forums here and everywhere.

This thread has had the least of that IMO, in fact more so called 'anti-racists' have been threadbanned here for being absolute dicks - better to corral those types in CA

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

TomTomTim wrote: »

Youd almost wonder, new accounts generated , post some utter nonsense, swiftly banned but then always a good 12 hours later someone comes in with an outrage grandstanding post rallying against the content of a banned poster as if it happens regularly. A suspicious man wouldnt be blamed for thinking the outragees may be the ones creating these accounts in the first place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well the problem is JK and just one of the problems with this politic and social experiment of "multiculturalism" that we've been told is a good thing and an Accepted Truth is that after a usually OK start with small numbers of immigrants when that number becomes larger it is 100% guaranteed to engender xenophobia and not just in the native population either.

There isn't one single example of a European state where this hasn't happened and it is also near guaranteed to get worse over time and following generations, as do the same average outcomes along demographic lines.

If this was such a self evidently good thing as a politic we could point to at least one nation where the same patterns didn't happen in the same way and we quite simply can't. To believe that Ireland will be somehow different is somewhat understandable wishful thinking , but it's incredibly naive too. Now twenty years ago we might have hoped for the best, but the interim years and the realities today show we're on the self same trajectories as every other European nation that ran this social experiment. Never mind that quite the number are questioning it and more and more citizens of those nations want far less immigration.

We were decades behind the curve of getting into this politic and near overnight during the "boom"(big shock) we suddenly had an influx of people from beyond Europe. Some of that was nipped in the bud after the birthright tourism loophole was closed after the largest majority in a recent referendum of the Irish people voted to close it, but today some want to reopen it in a sideways manner. Latterly the political class are pushing to make Ireland more popular as an easy ride for non EU migrants. There comes a point after many decades of watching the negatives in other nations when one has to ask why in god's name are we pursuing this idiocy to the degree we are?
    Well on this thread significantly more of the promulticultural posters have been carded and banned than the antis. The usual MO is to drop in drop the usual "arguments" in favour, which are a basic mix of exoticism is good and charity, with a very simplistic side order of well the Irish were migrants too. If that doesn't work then it's straight to covert and then overt runs to accusations of racism, then revving up to full aggression and attacking of posters. And ban.

That this politic is apparently so difficult to defend without going rogue also - at least to me - illustrates that this Accepted Truth doesn't seem to have much going for it beyond the surface.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭KevRossi

So in a group WhatsApp chat (which is for former colleagues in a company where I worked), I asked for the latest Nkencho video. Not the short 1m40s version that we can all see on Twitter, but the unedited long version that somebody obviously has. I was promptly removed from the chat.

The video looks bad, but it's heavily edited. Until I see the full version I'll reserve judgement. You don't just have 8 Gardai at an incident for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

KevRossi wrote: »
    So in a group WhatsApp chat (which is for former colleagues in a company where I worked), I asked for the latest Nkencho video. Not the short 1m40s version that we can all see on Twitter, but the unedited long version that somebody obviously has. I was promptly removed from the chat.

The video looks bad, but it's heavily edited. Until I see the full version I'll reserve judgement. You don't just have 8 Gardai at an incident for no reason.

https://twitter.com/AndreaMurray67/status/1380872505771106308?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

Burkie1203 wrote: »

now there is a source you can trust :pac::pac:

"the cops knew its was the family's new house so they should have immediately walked away "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭jmreire

What was being discussed was indeed related to unfettered immigration, and its side-effects. In this case, the dangerous reaction against the Gardai while they were doing their job, upholding the law. Now aside from the stock charges of xenophobia and ( your words) casual homophobia,what is your opinion on what happend in this incident? Do you support the Guards, or the protesters?

jmreire wrote: »
    What was being discussed was indeed related to unfettered immigration, and its side-effects. In this case, the dangerous reaction against the Gardai while they were doing their job, upholding the law. Now aside from the stock charges of xenophobia and ( your words) casual homophobia,what is your opinion on what happend in this incident? Do you support the Guards, or the protesters?

pretty sure most people support the Garda. unfortunately in this thread, they only seem to support them when it is 'against' a minority.
    there are so many posters on here that will go full on backing AGS when it seems to be a minority V AGS
    pity those same posters dont support AGS in their everyday activities! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

bubblypop wrote: »
    pretty sure most people support the Garda. unfortunately in this thread, they only seem to support them when it is 'against' a minority.
    there are so many posters on here that will go full on backing AGS when it seems to be a minority V AGS
    pity those same posters dont support AGS in their everyday activities! :rolleyes:

And have you any comment on Ruth Coppinger’s statement that answers are needed on the Gardai’s, presumably irregular, behaviour in this incident and organising another public protest in the middle of a pandemic, about the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

seenitall wrote: »
    And have you any comment on Ruth Coppinger’s statement that answers are needed on the Gardai’s, presumably irregular, behaviour in this incident and organising another public protest in the middle of a pandemic, about the same?

Ruth Coppinger is an absolute something I cannot type into boards!
    who really cares what she says??

That’s easy to answer. Judging by who turned up to her invitation to protest in front of the Garda Ombudsman offices, a group called Youth Against Racism and Inequality do.

That’s easy to answer. Judging by who turned up to her invitation to protest in front of the Garda Ombudsman offices, a group called Youth Against Racism and Inequality do.

well, good for them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

But thats it bubbly, the silent majority has to dún do bhéal as the likes of her as an unelected s#it stirrer has the run of the place, empty vessels and all that, theres plenty of Africans in the country getting on with their lives but its always the x amount you here causing sh#t, its only gonna get worse with the likes of her and her ike spouting s#it and she's been given a platform for it .... but anyway ill keep paying me taxes and all the other death for who ever wants to rock up here, thank feck my mortgage is finally paid( finished last month yeehaw), I feel sorry for the rest of ye hope your backs aren't broke by the time ye retire lads.

• Advertisement

well, good for them :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, exactly. ;)

But thats it bubbly, the silent majority has to dún do bhéal as the likes of her as an unelected s#it stirrer has the run of the place, empty vessels and all that, theres plenty of Africans in the country getting on with their lives but its always the x amount you here causing sh#t, its only gonna get worse with the likes of her and her ike spouting s#it and she's been given a platform for it .... but anyway ill keep paying me taxes and all the other death for who ever wants to rock up here, thank feck my mortgage is finally paid( finished last month yeehaw), I feel sorry for the rest of ye hope your backs aren't broke by the time ye retire lads.

the people who shout loudest always get the biggest reaction!
    thats the way this country is! and it doesn't mater what your ethnicity or your background if the loudest people want to shout for you, they will

People who work for a living in this country will always be last, particularly the service providers,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,036 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes, exactly. ;)

Doing their schtick , in the middle of an erm, pandemic ! Classy people..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Strumms wrote: »
    Doing their schtick , in the middle of an erm, pandemic ! Classy people..

Don't forget Strumms, that they get a free pass to do whatever they want during this pandemic, as the rules don't apply to them. The 5,000 "protestors" at the BLM in Dublin during the middle of lockdown was the carte blanche for similar irregular "protests". It is a pity that the government didn't give us the list of reasons when do not have to follow mandatory restrictions a year ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Isn't that a different house the Nkencho family are in? They'd hardly have sold their previous house where George was shot outside and bought that one in that space of time?

Pretty sure it's a different house in a different location.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

humberklog wrote: »
    Isn't that a different house the Nkencho family are in? They'd hardly have sold their previous house where George was shot outside and bought that one in that space of time?

Pretty sure it's a different house in a different location.

You think they own a house? lol

DerekC16 wrote: »
    You think they own a house? lol

I don't know. How many houses do they live in? That's not the same house where George was shot though.

It's just a bit confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

humberklog wrote: »
    I don't know. How many houses do they live in? That's not the same house where George was shot though.

It's just a bit confusing.

The council moved them up the road to a four bed new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Just insane, that family are determined to kick off and make a situation much worse for themselves. The gardai showing incredible restraint there despite a lot of abuse and aggression.

• Advertisement

DerekC16 wrote: »
    The council moved them up the road to a four bed new build.

Oh right. Fortunate timing for the family that they were moved not long after George dying especially with the current housing crisis.

Advertisement