Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

  • 17-06-2020 12:19pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanthePirate


    I would like to see a Boards.ie Consensus.

    Economists agree that immigration has a net positive on the economy and this immigration is surely a wonderful thing for the county.

    Agree/Disagree?

    Mod:

    I have updated the OP of this thread with a list of threadbanned users, I would advise posters to check on this before posting in the thread again or a forum sanction will be imposed for breaching same.

    If you want to discuss your threadban feel free to PM the banning mod (or myself if you can't remember who that is and I'll point you in the right direction).




    Threadbanned Users:
    DelaneyIn
    TheCitizen
    V8 Interceptor
    Hamachi - lifted 14/03/22, reinstated 28/03/22
    Effects
    biko
    Kivaro
    Eric Cartman
    Swindled
    Gradius
    RobbieTheRobber - lifted 25/08/21 - reinstated 27/08/21
    Cordell - lifted 16/08/21
    Gangster Yippin
    blindjustice
    Post edited by Beasty on


«134567574

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭ Rodney Bathgate


    Strongly disagree.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanthePirate


    Strongly disagree.

    Why?


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭ suicide_circus


    immigration and multiculturalism are not the same thing


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭ El_Duderino 09


    Completely depends on how it's handled.

    If it's a case of low skilled workers coming in with the effect of keeping down wages for the low paid, then I'm probably not in favour of too much of it.

    If its low skilled people who will likely live in poor areas so the government will need give additional funds for schools and all the other services. I'm fine with paying for that but if the government doesn't do it, it's just creating bigger and bigger pockets of poor areas and all the social problems that come with it.

    I have absolutely no problem with other cultures in Ireland. I'm fine with Irish culture, history and traditions. I love learning about irish history and traditions. More cultures doesn't dilute Irish culture, it adds to it.

    The saddest part of it is when the low paid Irish people and low paid immigrants turn on each other. Instead of the low paid standing together and trying to improve their collective lot, they fight against each other. See BLM vs monuments protectors, see working class Catholics vs working class Protestants in NI and places like Glasgow. See working class Irish vs Multiculturalism in this thread. It's so often the way these things work where the poor divide themselves rather then working together. Needless to say, it suits the other classes of people to have a weak and divided working class - cheap labour.


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,832 ✭✭✭✭ endacl


    Hard to imagine a dish that can’t be improved by adding a dash of spice.

    Good thing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭ fly_agaric


    I would like to see a Boards.ie Consensus.

    Economists agree that immigration has a net positive on the economy and this immigration is surely a wonderful thing for the county.

    Agree/Disagree?

    Might be more interesting as a poll (if trying to gauge opinion per your posts re this site/forum on another thread)?

    Also question should not be loaded/more exact.

    Immigration is not multiculturalism. They don't even have to overlap (can have multiculturalism in a country without immigration and can, to some extent have immigration without multiculturalism IMO)


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭ TomTomTim


    A project that is destined for failure


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko


    I'd like to see the source for your claims OP.
    Which economists?
    Are they discussing Ireland?


    Irish attitudes to immigration became more negative during the recession, and are now worse than the western Europe average, a report from the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) has found.

    It revealed that 58% of those surveyed showed support for immigrants of the same ethnic group as the majority population in Ireland, in contrast with 41% support for Muslim and 25% support for Roma migrants.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/irish-immigration-attitudes-3930048-Mar2018/


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭ suicide_circus


    there is an inescapable link between those in favour of mass immigration and those who generally do not have to compete with those immigrants for jobs.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭ TomTomTim


    I was just checking your post history. You're actually trying to shame advertisers now because people are talking about thing you don't like. That's pathetic to say the least.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ DrGreenThumb82


    Which multicultural society are we trying to emulate?

    Because if it is the U.S., France, Sweden or the UK then thanks but no thanks.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ ChelseaRentBoy


    Unfortunately the history of our species shows multiculturalism has failed and it will fail here also, it is already. We are well on the road to be the next Birmingham , Malmö or Paris here in Dublin.

    I'm not saying I wouldn't like it to succeed but you'd want to be a right thick if you think it will.


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko


    TomTomTim wrote: »
    I was just checking your post history. You're actually trying to shame advertisers now because people are talking about thing you don't like. That's pathetic to say the least.
    Like Ricky Gervais said:
    "If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech"


  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 58,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Wibbs


    I disagree too.
    Why?

    Because it doesn't work out too well long term and this is repeated in every European nation that tried it, or were forced into it by their history of colonialism. It doesn't work out too well for the immigrant population, even many generations in and unrest on the back of disenfranchisement is a given to kick off. It nearly always also depends on the demographics involved. Those who look the least like "natives" get the worst end of the deal. Find me a European nation where those of African origin don't overwhelmingly cluster at the lower end of their societies.

    It hasn't worked throughout history either. Those "multicultural" societies that lasted to any degree in every single case had a very strong and self confident over riding culture and reacted viciously to any dissent from it. If you didn't two the party line then good luck. Even so there was a caste system in place where the "natives" tended to cluster towards the top. We can see that in Ancient Rome, China and the early Muslim empire. Rome had non Italians as emperors and senators, even descendants of slaves, but no Black Africans. All the above might have looked multicultural, but were actually monocultural down to the marrow. They were Roman, Chinese and Islamic. None would have questioned the values of their culture and heritage like so many White Europeans seem to do these days. Indeed one sign that Rome was on the way out was when they started to.

    I also object to the notion that only White nations and cultures seem to require this "cultural diversity". The same voices lauding and pushing for multiculturalism would never in a million years suggest the problem with non White cultures and nations is that they don't have enough White people and should import more.

    TL;DR? I don't want to follow every other European culture's experience with this politic and philosophy. I don't want ethnic ghettos, I don't want social disobedience, I don't want the negatives and what positives are meagre enough. Simple as that(though sadly because of the previous "born here makes you legally Irish" of the 90's it's too late to head it off entirely).

    Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.



  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ nthclare


    nthclare wrote: »
    Immigration suits the middle class so called liberals.
    Under the guise of caring, what they're really doing is giving people jobs, with **** wage's therefore undermining the immigrant and undermining the natives because they won't work for **** pay.

    So don't believe these vankers and so called woke plebs who are all for immigration etc

    They exploit the vulnerable people because the Irish won't allow themselves to be exploited.

    Wait until you're in your mid 40's and observe all the variables involved.
    The personalities of the employer's, lifestyle and who they're rubbing shoulders with, licking ass and brown nosing..

    People who are all for the environment ia a good example, and plagiarism of the new sexy trend and the same fckers wouldn't think twice about fcking a supermacs bag out the window of their Audi SUV along the Lahinch road.

    Experience and observation is worth more than what you want or feel is right to believe...


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanthePirate


    TomTomTim wrote: »
    I was just checking your post history. You're actually trying to shame advertisers now because people are talking about thing you don't like. That's pathetic to say the least.

    This site has moderators representing the site who post openly racist things.

    Any advertiser advertising on this site is complicit in the racist postings being carried out by those who work for Boards.ie. If they are not already aware then they are aware now.

    Boards.ie needs to get its act together, are they going to allow moderators who make statements like muslim immigration leads to sexual abuse continue to represent them?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭ circadian


    nthclare wrote: »
    Immigration suits the middle class so called liberals.
    Under the guise of caring, what they're really doing is giving people jobs, with **** wage's therefore undermining the immigrant and undermining the natives because they won't work for **** pay.

    So don't believe these vankers and so called woke plebs who are all for immigration etc

    They exploit the vulnerable people because the Irish won't allow themselves to be exploited.

    ARRRGGHHHH DE LIBRULS!!!


  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 58,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Wibbs


    TomTomTim wrote: »
    I was just checking your post history. You're actually trying to shame advertisers now because people are talking about thing you don't like. That's pathetic to say the least.
    More, taking that tack to dogwhistle and shout down shows that what argument someone, anyone has, does not stand up to much scrutiny. If it did and their position was self evident those tactics would not be required, save for the dim of debate.

    Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,880 ✭✭✭✭ o1s1n


    nthclare wrote: »
    Immigration suits the middle class so called liberals.
    Under the guise of caring, what they're really doing is giving people jobs, with **** wage's therefore undermining the immigrant and undermining the natives because they won't work for **** pay.

    So don't believe these vankers and so called woke plebs who are all for immigration etc

    They exploit the vulnerable people because the Irish won't allow themselves to be exploited.

    And how do immigrants on high salaries fit into your little diatribe?


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanthePirate


    biko wrote: »
    Like Ricky Gervais said:
    "If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech"

    You think its ok to say Muslim immigration will lead to child grooming gangs?

    Answer direct: Yes or No

    Don't try weasel your way out of your words.

    Does a moderator of Boards.ie hold the opinion that Muslims in Ireland are likely to establish Child grooming gangs?


  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 58,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Wibbs


    This site has moderators representing the site who post openly racist things.
    In your opinion and you seem to set a low bar for "racist". Even question the multicultural politic meets it it seems?
    Any advertiser advertising on this site is complicit in the racist postings being carried out by those who work for Boards.ie. If they are not already aware then they are aware now.
    More dog whistling.
    Boards.ie needs to get its act together, are they going to allow moderators who make statements like muslim immigration leads to sexual abuse continue to represent them?
    Well one could argue that in the UK at least one particular kind of sexual abuse is more likely depending on cultural and ethnic background. IE groups of men targeting and grooming women outside their ethnicity. If someone were to say that Irish clergy are more likely to be sexual abusers than say Kenyan accountants, I'd have zero problem with that position, because it would be borne out in history and stats.

    Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.



  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ Risingshadoo


    Immigration is always a bad thing. Just look at America.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,407 ✭✭✭✭ Eric Cartman


    Allowing our EU friends in has proved to be a positive for Ireland, high employment rates, compatible culture, a lot of integration and very friendly people who put roots down and contribute to the community.

    Some non EU migrants such as tech workers from the states and Asia work pretty well, although integration into our customs is pretty low among among the asian community but there are no real negatives associated with such.

    migration from South America, Africa, the Middle East and some west asian nations (Pakistan etc..) has proven disastrous. High Unemployment, High welfare dependance, low education, high levels of criminality, almost no integration, remunerating a lot of money to their home countries and not spending in the local economy, complete cultural incompatibility and a lack of co-operation with gardai. We were promised their doctors and engineers, we got their equivalent to 'Anto from the flats'


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭ tonycascarino


    My view is that multiculturalism doesn't work. However, I do not mind fellow Europeans coming in but I think it is time to pull up the drawbridge on African and Asian economic migrants who are coming here pretending they are asylum seekers and who are adding nothing to society here in general.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RyanthePirate


    Wibbs wrote: »
    In your opinion and you seem to set a low bar for "racist". Even question the multicultural politic meets it it seems?

    More dog whistling.

    Well one could argue that in the UK at least one particular kind of sexual abuse is more likely depending on cultural and ethnic background. IE groups of men targeting and grooming women outside their ethnicity. If someone were to say that Irish clergy are more likely to be sexual abusers than say Kenyan accountants, I'd have zero problem with that position, because it would be borne out in history and stats.


    Wibbs you were once an incredibly insightful, knowledgeable poster who many looked up to.

    Now you are implying that people of certain religions are more likely to engage in sexual abuse.

    Wouldn't that mean that Irish catholics would be one of the most feared groups for other countries considering the long and established history of Irish Catholics raping young children both here, in America and in Missionaries around the world?


  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko


    You think its ok to say Muslim immigration will lead to child grooming gangs?

    Answer direct: Yes or No

    Don't try weasel your way out of your words.

    Does a moderator of Boards.ie hold the opinion that Muslims in Ireland are likely to establish Child grooming gangs?
    No, Muslim immigration doesn't automatically lead to child grooming gangs.
    Happy?

    Feel free to report any post where I have said grooming gangs are Muslims.



    I am still waiting for your Irish sources btw.
    Economists agree that immigration has a net positive on the economy


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ nthclare


    o1s1n wrote: »
    And how do immigrants on high salaries fit into your little diatribe?

    Like a square lemon that doesn't fit into in a hole made for a potato..

    Using word's like diatribe makes your comment as sensible as using a sieve to drain a lake..

    So I'd try something less inflatable for a response than diatribe...

    Bitter sweet and all that jazz


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,407 ✭✭✭✭ Eric Cartman


    biko wrote: »
    No, Muslim immigration doesn't automatically lead to child grooming gangs.
    Happy?

    Feel free to report any post where I have said grooming gangs are Muslims.



    I am still waiting for your Irish sources btw.
    Economists agree that immigration has a net positive on the economy
    EU migrants do such a positive job that it tips the whole figure positive to cover up the massive detraction non EU migrants cause our economy.


Advertisement