Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Nobotty wrote: »
    It has little to do with the people in charge
    Adults partying are not thinking about golfgate or the Storey funeral
    They're just irresponsible
    The climbing the lamp posts set probably wouldn't know what you're on about
    They're the irresponsible invincibles and its time someone had the political courage to whack them in their wallets
    Why should the rest of us end up paying with our health (and our taxes for lockdowns)
    Its not difficult to social distance and wash hands
    Not doing those is the problem

To be fair those in charge on both sides of the border are probably doing their best. No fan of Sinn Fein but the pretendy funeral for Bobby Storey or indeed eejits playing golf is irrelevant. People need to grow up and behave like adults because when its your mother or child sick it will be no comfort to be able to say we had no respect/ faith/ loyalty to "the government". You will be just as sick and maybe just as dead

blanch152 wrote: »
    Much better to have schools and colleges open with structured arrangements in place rather than the free-for-all when they are closed.

Have you driven past any secondary school at break/lunchtime? Very little social distancing or mask use. These are the very people who will be repaying the cost of this pandemic in years to come!
    The saying that youth is wasted on the young comes to mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,131 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Is the example set by the government the problem though.

They have themselves ignored the expert advice and allowed a member (LV) to do a Gemma on the CMO and NPHET's credibility and authority.

Maybe if we locked LV up (ála Simon, and Eoghan) for 3 weeks and take it from there?

Maybe if you realised that NPHET advise the Govt. and the Govt (who in case you’ve forgotten,have many more problems to consider)use that advice to plan their strategy taking all things into account.

The govt are in charge and are quite entitled to adjust NPHETs advice taking the knock on effects for the whole country.

There was no undermining of the CMOs credibility or authority.

That has been made clear by both parties to the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Some shocking stuff coming out of NAMA. A deal was done where no minutes or no records were kept and one of the people involved in the deal was playing both sides and NAMA think it was ok. But hey welface fraud cheats us all. We really do have our priorities screwed up in this country. Wear a suit and look respectable and you can get away all sorts but wear a tracksuit god help you. Rotten to the core. If they want to clean up fraud in this country it needs to start at the very top.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Some shocking stuff coming out of NAMA. A deal was done where no minutes or no records were kept and one of the people involved in the deal was playing both sides and NAMA think it was ok. But hey welface fraud cheats us all. We really do have our priorities screwed up in this country. Wear a suit and look respectable and you can get away all sorts but wear a tracksuit god help you. Rotten to the core. If they want to clean up fraud in this country it needs to start at the very top.

Shinners can vouch for that, anyway.

Part of their strategy.

• Advertisement

Agree. White collar fraud through the use of limited companies is actually routine at this stage and simply tolerated. And that before you get to whatever went on in NAMA or indeed the Banks - who are so grateful that we bailed there asses out NOT

Part of their strategy.

And you can vouch for the scumbags in suits then?

Part of their strategy.

Typical answer again look over there are the shinners yet ignore everything else. Absolutely pathetic. SF are living rent free in your heads that you cant see what is going on around you.

Do you think this is acceptable? Oh yeah and I will point out SF were not involved in this.

https://twitter.com/BrianStanleyTD/status/1314223031716327425

And you can vouch for the scumbags in suits then?

Big Pearse is a great man for the suit.

Then there’s all the lads in the white shirts and ties.

What was the auld saying ....’You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.’.. was it.

So both Brendan and Blanch are condoning what went on in NAMA and yet have the audacity to keep pointing the finger at anyone else. Goes to show the hypocrisy. Suppose to virtues for law and order but as long as it is not their own. Disgusting.

• Advertisement

What was the auld saying ....’You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.’.. was it.

Again you are trying to defend this by pointing elsewhere. Shocking stuff.

Typical answer again look over there are the shinners yet ignore everything else. Absolutely pathetic. SF are living rent free in your heads that you cant see what is going on around you.

Do you think this is acceptable? Oh yeah and I will point out SF were not involved in this.

Here’s more of the faux horror at stuff like this, then throwing up the hands when someone counters with the stuff the Slab was up to.

In your head SF can do no wrong and here’s the thing. Another little anecdote from the past ‘People in glasshouses..........’

• Registered Users Posts: 27,255 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Another Twitter dump we are supposed to take at face value.

No idea what you are talking about, no articles in mainstream media yet, not going to watch a video just because you post it.

There might be something in what you say, but Brian Stanley is not a credible intelligent source, so will wait for something substantial before commenting.

Here’s more of the faux horror at stuff like this, then throwing up the hands when someone counters with the stuff the Slab was up to.

In your head SF can do no wrong and here’s the thing. Another little anecdote from the past ‘People in glasshouses..........’

LOL and there you go again, pointing at SF. I do not support SF never have and never will unless they clean up their act but let me tell you that FF and FG are no shining lights of Law and order and as far as I am concerned they are as bad if not worse that SF. So you can point the finger at SF and make yourself feel better but that is not going to work and infact is now p**sing of people like me who want to a fairer country.

So both Brendan and Blanch are condoning what went on in NAMA and yet have the audacity to keep pointing the finger at anyone else. Goes to show the hypocrisy. Suppose to virtues for law and order but as long as it is not their own. Disgusting.

I don’t condone anyone breaking the law, a chara, so please point out where exactly I have done that and I will amend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wonder what kind of suit he was wearing when he spotted that Mick Noonan needed a fresh batteries in his calculator brendy, hehe - measure twice - cut once, as my dear auld da would say. :D

The phantom €2 billion: How everyone except Sinn Féin got the maths wrong

Another Twitter dump we are supposed to take at face value.

No idea what you are talking about, no articles in mainstream media yet, not going to watch a video just because you post it.

There might be something in what you say, but Brian Stanley is not a credible intelligent source, so will wait for something substantial before commenting.

Hang on are you having a laugh, Did you look at the video from the Oireachtas or did you just wade in and make yourself look stupid. I would suggest you go and have a look at the video.

I don’t condone anyone breaking the law, a chara, so please point out where exactly I have done that and I will amend it.

Yes you do by not addressing the issue and instead trying to point the finger at SF. Everytime you do that you are condoning the breaking of the law except if it involves SF or other less well off people but welfare fraud you want people shot for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Maybe if you realised that NPHET advise the Govt. and the Govt (who in case you’ve forgotten,have many more problems to consider)use that advice to plan their strategy taking all things into account.

The govt are in charge and are quite entitled to adjust NPHETs advice taking the knock on effects for the whole country.

There was no undermining of the CMOs credibility or authority.

That has been made clear by both parties to the discussion.

A few months ago you lads were all over these forums telling us that the government were following the medical advice and could do nothing about it...that was that.

Which is it Brendi?

Re: undermining the CMO and NPHET? Pull the other one...just because smarmy Leo has kissed and made up doesn't mean that the country wasn't agog when he had another little hissy fit.

Hang on are you having a laugh, Did you look at the video from the Oireachtas or did you just wade in and make yourself look stupid. I would suggest you go and have a look at the video.

I just told you I didn't look at the video. Listening to Brian Stanley or whoever pointificating at the Spanish inquisition also known as the PAC is not a fruitful use of my time. If someone substantial picks up on it, other than a no-mark Sinn Fein TD, I will pay attention.

• Advertisement

I just told you I didn't look at the video. Listening to Brian Stanley or whoever pointificating at the Spanish inquisition also known as the PAC is not a fruitful use of my time. If someone substantial picks up on it, other than a no-mark Sinn Fein TD, I will pay attention.

Are you for real? You are dismissing this because it doesn't suit you. So you condone this then. I must remember this when you start spouting your rubbish.

Are you for real? You are dismissing this because it doesn't suit you. So you condone this then. I must remember this when you start spouting your rubbish.

I am not condoning anything.

I am asking you to produce something concrete other than a video of something something at a PAC. I have little truck with the PAC, it is a vehicle for showboating for opposition TDs ad backbench government TDs, and too often, the issues it raises come to nothing because there is nothing of substance, only soundbites at it. John McGuinness was the worst chair of the PAC in living memory and has turned it into a joke whereby it does little by way of substantive work.

For Real.....!

Making some very tenuous extrapolations there, a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Noonan was involved ,cult figure in FG, members will do anything to protect him,
    24 years ago last weekend since Bridget Mc Cole died

I am asking you to produce something concrete other than a video of something something at a PAC. I have little truck with the PAC, it is a vehicle for showboating for opposition TDs ad backbench government TDs, and too often, the issues it raises come to nothing because there is nothing of substance, only soundbites at it. John McGuinness was the worst chair of the PAC in living memory and has turned it into a joke whereby it does little by way of substantive work.

...or you are deeply bitter because of your arrogant belief that FG should govern unfettered by any shred of accountability?

If PAC found against a Shinner you'd be on here shouting about it's integrity.

Ah look at the 2 lads bending over backwards not to condone the behaviour of what went on in NAMA but I bet if it was welfare fraud they would be on here giving it loads about how anyone committing welfare should be locked up.

Again Blanch looking for evidence of this and evidence of that but ignores PAC which is made up all parties in the Dail Eireann, so basically what he is saying that he will dismiss anything from anyone unless it is favorable to the government or unless the government comment on it. Are you incapable of independent thought or are you involved with these parties that they you are afraid to say something that might damage you from getting on the gravy train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I looked
    Its footage from 2019
    Why is he tweeting something from 2019 :???:
    Nama was selling stuff for thrupenny bits

To be fair it is not only Sinn Fein pointing at NAMA. Would take no notice if it was but there are several other reliable sources to dodgy and incompetent dealings and double dealings in NAMA.

And the Sinn Fein smear campaign against Noonan is not going to progress any proper investigation. It will only make people think the NAMA issue is another Provo stunt and discard it.

At least the Cushnahan charges are a start

Truthvader wrote: »
    To be fair it is not only Sinn Fein pointing at NAMA. Would take no notice if it was but there are several other reliable sources to dodgy and incompetent dealings and double dealings in NAMA.

And the Sinn Fein smear campaign against Noonan is not going to progress any proper investigation. It will only make people think the NAMA issue is another Provo stunt and discard it.

At least the Cushnahan charges are a start

I fully agree that there are questions to be asked about Nama, but PAC is no longer a suitable place for such questions.

I also fully agree that the Sinn Fein smear campaign against Noonan is a distraction from the real issues, but Sinn Fein are never interested in the truth, they are only interested in heads on poles for whatever mob they are following this week.

• Advertisement

I fully agree that there are questions to be asked about Nama, but PAC is no longer a suitable place for such questions.

I also fully agree that the Sinn Fein smear campaign against Noonan is a distraction from the real issues, but Sinn Fein are never interested in the truth, they are only interested in heads on poles for whatever mob they are following this week.

Benchmark it for us...which party is 'interested in the truth'?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement