Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Benchmark it for us...which party is 'interested in the truth'?

The ones not pretending the PSNI robbed the Northern Bank

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

So let me get this right, someone pointed out the scandal that was NAMA and straight away the comebacks from the usual FF and FG lads here and Blanch the green is Sinn Féin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

We are able to borrow at record low rates because we didnt burn the bondholders.

Thank god we didnt listen to the idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

So let me get this right, someone pointed out the scandal that was NAMA and straight away the comebacks from the usual FF and FG lads here and Blanch the green is Sinn Féin

Maybe read the thread before throwing yourself onto the keyboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Floppybits wrote: »
    Some shocking stuff coming out of NAMA. A deal was done where no minutes or no records were kept and one of the people involved in the deal was playing both sides and NAMA think it was ok. But hey welface fraud cheats us all. We really do have our priorities screwed up in this country. Wear a suit and look respectable and you can get away all sorts but wear a tracksuit god help you. Rotten to the core. If they want to clean up fraud in this country it needs to start at the very top.

Was it Noonan again? Hopefully we get some findings from the investigations outside of FG's reach.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Another Twitter dump we are supposed to take at face value.

No idea what you are talking about, no articles in mainstream media yet, not going to watch a video just because you post it.

There might be something in what you say, but Brian Stanley is not a credible intelligent source, so will wait for something substantial before commenting.

Fingers in the ears 'la, la, la'? The video isn't some youtube rando. If it were in the mainstream media you'd have issue with the journo.

FYI: it's verified that no minutes were taken and no written record kept. Oireachtas committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,925 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Nobotty wrote: »
    I looked
    Its footage from 2019
    Why is he tweeting something from 2019 :???:
    Nama was selling stuff for thrupenny bits

Ah Botty, I think you need to go back and have a look at it. The footage is from now Oct 2020 but they are discussing NAMA's financial Report for 2019.

I will accept your apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,114 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    The ones not pretending the PSNI robbed the Northern Bank

So no answer as usual from the TRUTHvader. :)

For you botty, have a look at the date.

https://youtu.be/stk178gziZ0 this was the 8/10/2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,260 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

For you botty, have a look at the date.

https://youtu.be/stk178gziZ0 this was the 8/10/2020.

As I said, not going to look at some no-mark TD making a name for himself at the Spanish Inquisition. If some serious media pick up on it, I will comment.

As I said, not going to look at some no-mark TD making a name for himself at the Spanish Inquisition. If some serious media pick up on it, I will comment.

So all TD's are out as a viable source. Some can you specify the serious media that you speak of?

Fact, there were no minutes or notes taken. The NAMA chap concurred. Now you know. Any thoughts?

Bowie wrote: »
    Fact, there were no minutes or notes taken. The NAMA chap concurred. Now you know. Any thoughts?

Blanch has no thoughts unless told what to say. Sure he even rules out TD's now. Dying to know what the media is that he speaks off, probably the Journal or waterfordwhispers.

So all TD's are out as a viable source. Some can you specify the serious media that you speak of?
    Fact, there were no minutes or notes taken. The NAMA chap concoured. Now you know. Any thoughts?

Ah lads, here, you can't call yourselves a reliable source!!

As for TDs, I said no-mark TDs, I didn't say all TDs. For example if Violet or Reada said to do something, I would instantly be certain that it is probably the worst option available. On the otherhand, if someone like Richard Bruton or Michael McGrath or that new FG TD from Dun Laoghaire is talking, there might be something in what they are saying because they are fairly intelligent people with a good grasp of public affairs.

As for TDs, I said no-mark TDs, I didn't say all TDs. For example if Violet or Reada said to do something, I would instantly be certain that it is probably the worst option available. On the otherhand, if someone like Richard Bruton or Michael McGrath or that new FG TD from Dun Laoghaire is talking, there might be something in what they are saying because they are fairly intelligent people with a good grasp of public affairs.

So tell what is a reliable source? Just spit it out, its not that hard.

So tell what is a reliable source? Just spit it out, its not that hard.

So far the sources presented on this issue have been:

1. Twitter
    2. A no-mark SF TD
    3. A likely tedious video with no summary of its content that I won't be bothered wasting my life looking at
    4. An anonymous poster on boards with a penchant for conspiracy theories

If you can't see the problems with those sources, I can't help you any more.

1. Twitter
    2. A no-mark SF TD
    3. A likely tedious video with no summary of its content that I won't be bothered wasting my life looking at

Stop going around the houses and say who are Your reputable sources? Come on just name them.

It's a clip from an Oireachtas committee where all sides agree no notes, minutes or records were taken of the deal. Do you want MM or LV to agree first?

To be clear you are unwilling to acknowledge facts because it puts NAMA and FG in a bad light. That's the gist. All your blarney about no mark TD's etc. is pointless. Just an FYI.

It's a clip from an Oireachtas committee where all sides agree no notes, minutes or records were taken of the deal. Do you want MM or LV to agree first?

To be clear you are unwilling to acknowledge facts because it puts NAMA and FG in a bad light. That's the gist. All your blarney about no mark TD's etc. is pointless. Just an FYI.

He probably wants the Bishop to make a statement first. All this is is another avoidance tactic from Blanch. He has now dismissed the PAC and TD's and he won't name in black and white what he deems as credible sources. I mean if the Oireachtas and the C&AG report is not enough for him sure what can ya do.

• Advertisement

1. Twitter
    2. A no-mark SF TD

Ive a source for you

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nama-admits-deficiencies-in-sale-process-that-led-to-10m-loss-39603423.html

Just so you cant say you dont use independent.ie as a source, il refer you to the below
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/kbc-fine-for-states-worst-robbery-will-be-passed-onto-customers-say-sinn-fein-39559985.html

I see that Pearse has found a way to put his comrades' robbery of the Northern Bank into second place with his claims in the Dail.

Ive a source for you

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nama-admits-deficiencies-in-sale-process-that-led-to-10m-loss-39603423.html

Just so you cant say you dont use independent.ie as a source, il refer you to the below

He won't name what he thinks are reliable sources because he knows he won't have a leg to stand on. It suits him to throw up rubbish like he did above rather than come out and say well I would consider the independent as a reliable source, not many would, but he wont.

He won't name what he thinks are reliable sources because he knows he won't have a leg to stand on. It suits him to throw up rubbish like he did above rather than come out and say well I would consider the independent as a reliable source, not many would, but he wont.

We wont hear from Blanch now for a day or 2, been caught out again

Imagine dismissing the PAC or the Oireachtas as a source or an elected TD to Dáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Stanley got more votes than Barry U-turn and Charlie tan man did combined.

You're parody. :pac:

IMG-20201009-161009.jpg

Imagine dismissing the PAC or the Oireachtas as a source or an elected TD to Dáil.

Like Leo on Monday, he lost it Kevin Keegan style

I think a few of them have lost it, sure you had Botty saying that the clip I posted was from 2019 and asking why was I posting a clip from 2019, of Blanchie boy liked that post, I had to point out to Botty that it was from 2 days ago. I think he has been switched off now. :)

Ive a source for you

Well done, that wasn't too hard, was it?
    I think a few of them have lost it, sure you had Botty saying that the clip I posted was from 2019 and asking why was I posting a clip from 2019, of Blanchie boy liked that post, I had to point out to Botty that it was from 2 days ago. I think he has been switched off now. :)

As always, focussing on the poster, not what s/he posts, with the usual personal digs thrown in.
    Typical answer again look over there are the shinners yet ignore everything else. Absolutely pathetic. SF are living rent free in your heads that you cant see what is going on around you.

Do you think this is acceptable? Oh yeah and I will point out SF were not involved in this.

https://twitter.com/BrianStanleyTD/status/1314223031716327425

So, getting back to the point originally raised, from what the article says, I agree SF were not involved in this, but neither it seems, were FF, FG, the Greens, SDs, Labour or even myself. It seems that the C&AG have taken to task an independent statutory body for mistakes that they made. It seems you only threw this out as a distraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Ah Botty, I think you need to go back and have a look at it. The footage is from now Oct 2020 but they are discussing NAMA's financial Report for 2019.

I will accept your apology.

I see that now,I'd have seen it better if I had of played the video in full screen mode instead of small as all I could make out was the 2019 at the time
    No need for me to apologise, I only asked a question
    You answered
    Nothing wrong with Brian Stanley by the way,there's a prosecutors job lost in him

I'm more interested today into why a close contact of a positive covid 19 case has not been tested yet 9 days after the contact: personal experience
    Little wonder cases are rising :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Stanley got more votes than Barry U-turn and Charlie tan man did combined.

You're parody. :pac:

IMG-20201009-161009.jpg

I see a single SF vote there, but a combined FF vote way higher.
    It's, easy to be the king when you're the only person in the kingdom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement