Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Floppybits

blanch152 wrote: »
    Well done, that wasn't too hard, was

As always, focussing on the poster, not what s/he posts, with the usual personal digs thrown in.

So, getting back to the point originally raised, from what the article says, I agree SF were not involved in this, but neither it seems, were FF, FG, the Greens, SDs, Labour or even myself. It seems that the C&AG have taken to task an independent statutory body for mistakes that they made. It seems you only threw this out as a distraction.

All I want to know is what do regard as reliable sources? Just put them down clearly in black and white, is it the sun, the mirror, daily sport. That's all you need to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Cluster in my local GAA club now (surprise surprise) with a heap of 6th year's in the school awaiting tests

It wouldn't be covid they'd be worried about if I got at them in full PPE with a Stick
    People need to cop the **** on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I see a single SF vote there, but a combined FF vote way higher.
    It's, easy to be the king when you're the only person in the kingdom.

Yeah, Offaly in particular is a bit of a FF hot spot bish, Cowen dynasty etc.

What's Charlie's excuse though he's also a lone soldier on that list.

Mind you I was saddened to see the black and tan circle jerk he had planned didn't wipe him out altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yeah, Offaly in particular is a bit of a FF hot spot bish, Cowen dynasty etc.

What's Charlie's excuse though he's also a lone soldier on that list.

Mind you I was saddened to see the black and tan circle jerk he had planned didn't wipe him out altogether.

Same as that but Charlie's a wily old fox and well regarded down there.
    That stunt cost him a good few votes though.

Same as that but Charlie's a wily old fox and well regarded down there.
    That stunt cost him a good few votes though.

Edit on second glance there was another fger there my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Floppybits wrote: »
    Imagine dismissing the PAC or the Oireachtas as a source or an elected TD to Dáil.

In fairness there are and have been plenty of TD's over the years who were incapable of honest behaviour, Haughey, Ahern, Liam Lawlor, Michael Lowry, Ray Burke and many more . And that's before we get to bomb makers, ink cartridge thieves and people who brazenly say "If Gerry says he wasn't in the IRA I believe him"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Truthvader wrote: »
    In fairness there are and have been plenty of TD's over the years who were incapable of honest behaviour, Haughey, Ahern, Liam Lawlor, Michael Lowry, Ray Burke and many more . And that's before we get to bomb makers, ink cartridge thieves and people who brazenly say "If Gerry says he wasn't in the IRA I believe him"

You are IRA on the brain man, I know a good few rebel bands if you want some tunes for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 19,131 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You are IRA on the brain man, I know a good few rebel bands if you want some tunes for the weekend

Sure you do........

Sure you do........

https://youtu.be/U7KNPpZgQzc

Lovely voice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

I see a single SF vote there, but a combined FF vote way higher.
    It's, easy to be the king when you're the only person in the kingdom.
    don't forget Nolan would have attracted a lot SF votes in offaly with her being being a ex sf td

• Advertisement

Just read the front page of the indo this morning about Donnelly/Holohan texts, and what happened/who he (Donnelly) told and what happened afterwards.

There's not a chance on this earth they (all the leaders) didn't know about NPHET wanting to raise the levels up to a possible 5 .

It's behind a paywall but if anyone wants the article send me a PM and I'll copy and paste.

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/how-a-weekend-of-text-messages-about-the-possibility-of-level-5-lockdown-sent-public-and-political-circles-into-a-panicked-frenzy-39607375.html

Just read the front page of the indo this morning about Donnelly/Holohan texts, and what happened/who he (Donnelly) told and what happened afterwards.

There's not a chance on this earth they (all the leaders) didn't know about NPHET wanting to raise the levels up to a possible 5 .

It's behind a paywall but if anyone wants the article send me a PM and I'll copy and paste.

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/how-a-weekend-of-text-messages-about-the-possibility-of-level-5-lockdown-sent-public-and-political-circles-into-a-panicked-frenzy-39607375.html

The Indo, really, are you quoting the Indo as your reliable source?
    OK that's a turn up for the books anyway.

The Indo, really, are you quoting the Indo as your reliable source?
    OK that's a turn up for the books anyway.

No.

Said so right here.

Btw, the indo is not the only media outlet where the sequence of events is mentioned, but in saying that Bish, if you believe that Holohan, after months being absent text Donnelly indicating they wanted a meeting, and Donnelly didn't wonder or ask why - then cheer up, only a few more months to wait before the big man in red drops down your chimney.

No.

Said so right here.

Btw, the indo is not the only media outlet where the sequence of events is mentioned, but in saying that Bish, if you believe that Holohan, after months being absent text Donnelly indicating they wanted a meeting, and Donnelly didn't wonder or ask why - then cheer up, only a few more months to wait before the big man in red drops down your chimney.

Ah good old Xmas.
    Whatever you think Mc.
    BTW, if nmphet were going into a meeting with pre ordained outcome, why bother with the meeting at all.
    Holohan might well have had the notion but not known what the outcome would be.
    It's perfectly believable that govt wouldn't know what that outcome was. Jump from level 2 to five in one fair swoop, after being told a few days earlier level 2 was OK, 3 days later jump to 5?
    That's highly inconceivable.

Ah good old Xmas.
    Whatever you think Mc.
    BTW, if nmphet were going into a meeting with pre ordained outcome, why bother with the meeting at all.
    Holohan might well have had the notion but not known what the outcome would be.
    It's perfectly believable that govt wouldn't know what that outcome was. Jump from level 2 to five in one fair swoop, after being told a few days earlier level 2 was OK, 3 days later jump to 5?
    That's highly inconceivable.

You are not getting what the point of my quote was - I'm not sure if it's on purpose, or I didn't word my post properly.

Donnelly admitted being told prior to the meeting by the CMO that NPHET were considering definitely jumping to 4, and possibly/probably 5.

Donnelly said he did inform Michaél a "major escalation" for the entire country was to be discussed at the NPHET meeting.

Again, you're missing the point, it's about who knew what and when, and why act surprised and try throwing Holohan under the bus?

You are not getting what the point of my quote was - I'm not sure if it's on purpose, or I didn't word my post properly.

Donnelly admitted being told prior to the meeting by the CMO that NPHET were considering definitely jumping to 4, and possibly/probably 5.

Donnelly said he did inform Michaél a "major escalation" for the entire country was to be discussed at the NPHET meeting.

Again, you're missing the point, it's about who knew what and when, and why act surprised and try throwing Holohan under the bus?

The point is speculation just the same.

The point is speculation just the same.

How is it speculation if Donnelly admitted being told by Holohan in the Dail, Thursday?

Irish Times this time, no paywall.
    Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly said he discussed the possibility of moving coronavirus restrictions in the State to Level 4 with chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan on Sunday and he told the Taoiseach before the meeting of the National Public Health Emergency Team later that day.

He told a specially convened debate in the Dáil Thursday night that the first time he heard Level 5 restrictions mentioned was after the Nphet meeting.

In an ongoing row over the chronology of events last weekend before the Level 5 recommendation was issued by Nphet, Mr Donnelly told the Dáil: “I received a text around lunchtime on Saturday from the chief medical officer to say he had called a meeting of Nphet for the following day. I texted the Taoiseach to let him know.”

Mr Donnelly also confirmed that he told the Taoiseach about Nphet giving consideration to recommending increased Covid-19 restriction levels.

He told Sinn Féin TD Matt Carty who asked him what he told Mr Martin: “The information about Level 4 was conveyed to the Taoiseach, yes.

How do you reckon that is "speculation"might I ask?

Re level 5

Re level 5

So you are purposely missing the point, Leo attacked NPHET on Monday evening and claimed.
    Mr Varadkar criticised the chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan for announcing public health recommendations on Sunday night that he said were not “thought through” and without consulting the Government in advance

We know this not to be true.

So as I said at the beginning, either Leo was left out of the loop - to undermine him, or they didn't trust him.

Or Leo lied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Really starting to wonder how much the government is spending on social media and flashy videos. Seems like they're shooting up everywhere the lads two months. I am wondering are they using tax payer money to fund adverts for their parties and td's? For example :

https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1313886753263149058?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

You have to hand it to Sinn Fein supporters, they are dedicated.

So you are purposely missing the point, Leo attacked NPHET on Monday evening and claimed.

We know this not to be true.

So as I said at the beginning, either Leo was left out of the loop - to undermine him, or they didn't trust him.

Or Leo lied.

He was most def left out if the loop and he's raging about it, hasn't been since since or heard from since Thursday. I reckon he thinks he can wait a couple of days and come back in public and all will be forgot, but this time I think FF have the upper hand and realise he was the weak link all along

He was most def left out if the loop and he's raging about it, hasn't been since since or heard from since Thursday. I reckon he thinks he can wait a couple of days and come back in public and all will be forgot, but this time I think FF have the upper hand and realise he was the weak link all along

Not sure what the day is like in Dublin but have you tried the park?

Nobotty wrote: »
    Not sure what the day is like in Dublin but have you tried the park?

Are you saying I should break the restrictions in place?

Are you saying I should break the restrictions in place?

Certainly not:D send someone local

1012 cases today and my work colleague close contact not even called for one yet
    4 week level 5 at half term imminent

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Surprised that he who was so strident and emphatic about Level 3 is not sending out some sort of calming message tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Just putting this here, as an indication of the weird [evil?] govt. at present. - There is a 'saying' in the newspaper industry; that when there is an overwhelming crisis, [Covid19 etc.], it is then the time to post in the really sinister stories - in order that in the future that it can be said, that "we did cover that story".

Dentists in Waterford; there are 37. And in the last month or so 15 of those Dentists in Waterford, have Completely left the Medical Card Scheme; and only will take Private Insurance patients and PRSI patients.

Of the 15 dentists that have left the Medical Card Scheme; I am fairly sure that at the very least 5 of those are of the Fianna Fail persuasion, [maybe more].

So, whilst the intent attention of Masks/Covid continues: Fianna Fail are nicely crushing their Charvet heel on the dispossessed; and fawningly ensuring that the Egos of Private Insurance [and PRSI], will genteelly vote, for Them. Fianna Fail are about the creation for, their [initially state product] voters; being now out of, And Above the sphere of most persons.

Thread has gone 10k + posts.

No doubt the next thread will do likewise, assuming the sh1tfest they're making of governing continues.

Thread has gone 10k + posts.

No doubt the next thread will do likewise, assuming the sh1tfest they're making of governing continues.

How many of the 10k + had Sinn Féin in them? 50%?

• Advertisement

It safe to say now the Govt got it wrong last week going against NHEPT?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement