Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Not me Bowie, we don't have a political president, we have a govt with a cabinet, no solo decisions made.
    Leo doesn't walk in and say OK we do this and that's it.
    It's a democratic process and all decisions on which direction we take on anything are agreed decisions.
    Your infatuation with applying every decision made with just Leo is laughable.

I'm commenting on LV's behaviour and statement regarding NPHET. Hardly stalking the man's instagram Bish. Is this your 'Leave Britney alone' moment?

5877f42742321cdf250a9ac657cb76acff-11-leave-britney-alone.rsquare.w330.jpg

Of course, if you can cite my blaming Leo specifically, only, for something he didn't do....

Not obsessing over any poster. I wasn’t even referring to this site really. More the sort of angry, underachieving men who spend all day on Twitter waiting for someone to post something they can be outraged about. Most of them are losers in life. That is the only outlet in life for them. They don’t have the gumption, guile, intellect, or vim to do anything themselves, so they become unhealthily obsessed with those who they perceive to be part of an elite.

It’s tragic stuff really. Waste of a life. Not sure the internet has been a positive for these people. They’ve disappeared down the rabbit hole.

You keep giving this insight(?) and follow it by talking about these people, even naming them on here. All rather than discuss events regarding the government. That's weird dude. Not healthy.

Truthvader wrote: »
    To be fair in the South no-one wants anything to do with them so not really fair to accuse them of refusing to put themselves in a position etc

The Greens went in with them even after the SD's and others came out and said no way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Truthvader wrote: »
    To be fair in the South no-one wants anything to do with them so not really fair to accuse them of refusing to put themselves in a position etc

Donegal is not in the South of the country either is Louth, Monaghan, Cavan, Leitrim

What are you talking about South, like Cork and Kerry or where?

Another week and another **** show the Govt have to try get some sort of normal back.

Wonder can they go the whole week next week without someone doing anything stupid? I will give full praise if they manage that as it will sho0w improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Interesting piece by Dan O'brien in todays Indo saying other EU countries aren't obsessed with covid despite being worse with it than us
    It rarely makes the top 3 items on the news whereas here its whole bulletins

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/ireland-is-doing-all-right-its-time-we-finally-stopped-losing-the-plot-about-covid-39600046.html
    The good news from Euromomo is that not even among the vulnerable elderly population is the number of deaths anywhere comparable to last spring's. The latest evidence shows that what we call cocooning, and others call shielding, is effective. It may not be perfectly effective, but it is helping prevent a repeat of last spring.

Ireland's obsession with Covid is all the more perplexing when one compares how relatively well this country is doing at the moment. Across the EU, less than one person in a million is dying each day from the disease, according to the European Centre for Disease Control. In Ireland, it is one in four million.

Of course, there is reason to be concerned. Spain has much higher rates and it is by no means impossible that we could follow suit. We need to continue compulsively washing hands, wearing masks and keeping our distance.

As to diplomats' questions about why we Irish catastrophise so much, it may be that a culture of dramatisation has taken hold in Ireland in recent times. Everything is a 'crisis', from housing to health. This, together with our tendency towards groupthink, may explain why catastrophism has taken hold. Whatever the reason, we need to calm down because obsessing is only adding to the strain of getting through this difficult time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,445 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fair comment on the Greens...they have a death wish or are just so arrogant and stupid they don't see it.

https://twitter.com/UnaMullally/status/1314228898260045824

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Donegal is not in the South of the country either is Louth, Monaghan, Cavan, Leitrim

What are you talking about South, like Cork and Kerry or where?

Another week and another **** show the Govt have to try get some sort of normal back.

Wonder can they go the whole week next week without someone doing anything stupid? I will give full praise if they manage that as it will sho0w improvement

The real shït show in in NI, the Shinners gasping for air and doing their usual whinging for money from Westminster.

Doing nothing positive, blaming everyone else, just like down South.

The real shït show in in NI, the Shinners gasping for air and doing their usual whinging for money from Westminster.

Doing nothing positive, blaming everyone else, just like down South.

I see Michael at long last supporting the Shinners by re-iterating to Boris their demand that Westminster live up to it's responsibilities.

It's modern colony etiquette Brendie...if you want it you got look after it.

I see Michael at long last supporting the Shinners by re-iterating to Boris their demand that Westminster live up to it's responsibilities.

It's modern colony etiquette Brendie...if you want it you got look after it.

I’d say Mr B. that the Brits wouldn’t want to spaff their Sterling into an area where the well paid supposed rulers seem to be unable to control their patch.

McAleers Bar in the ‘Gannon is a good example, and there were many more.

Like the Shinners down South, they want the power, but don’t want to upset anyone in their voting coterie.

Never achieve anything with that kind of fcukkery Mr B.

To make an omelette..........:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I’d say Mr B. that the Brits wouldn’t want to spaff their Sterling into an area where the well paid supposed rulers seem to be unable to control their patch.

McAleers Bar in the ‘Gannon is a good example, and there were many more.

Like the Shinners down South, they want the power, but don’t want to upset anyone in their voting coterie.

Never achieve anything with that kind of fcukkery Mr B.

To make an omelette..........:cool:

You were asked before Brenner - and I think you slunk off with your cola between your legs, but here goes again anyway.

What in under jaysis has mcaleers bar in Dungannon got to do with the Shinners?

Go on, humour me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    I'm commenting on LV's behaviour and statement regarding NPHET. Hardly stalking the man's instagram Bish. Is this your 'Leave Britney alone' moment?

5877f42742321cdf250a9ac657cb76acff-11-leave-britney-alone.rsquare.w330.jpg

Of course, if you can cite my blaming Leo specifically, only, for something he didn't do....

Please stop posting selfies. We know you are upset about Leo's continued unprecedented high popularity rating, but you don't need to put it on display for the whole world.

McMurphy wrote: »
    You were asked before Brenner - and I think you slunk off with your cola between your legs, but here goes again anyway.

What in under jaysis has mcaleers bar in Dungannon got to do with the Shinners?

Go on, humour me.

Last I heard the Shinners form part of NI govt. What have they done to prevent the buck leppin on the pitch after the game and the following disgraceful behaviour in the bar.

R.P. Responsibility is a difficult thing to take seriously, maybe it’s time to start, compadre.

The auld begging bowl is well bunched at this stage.

Last I heard the Shinners form part of NI govt. What have they done to prevent the buck leppin on the pitch after the game and the following disgraceful behaviour in the bar.

R.P. Responsibility is a difficult thing to take seriously, maybe it’s time to start, compadre.

Hmmmm, interesting theory there Mr Brenner, let's see now......

Because the Shinners "form part of the government in the north" - they must take some responsibility for what a GAA team get up to in their celebrations post championship finals.....

So, by that logic the blueshirt brigade, who form part of the government here must take some responsibility for the antics of the lads from Blackrock GAA club on Sunday?

Criticism of celebrations following Cork hurling championship final

Poorly laid out argument Bren, I say a very poorly laid out argument indeed. Start thinking ahead before you drop more clangers like that my friend.

This article provides some interesting insights:

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/1008/1170227-executive-covid-measures/

"Meanwhile, Martin McKee, Professor of European Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has said opportunities were missed in Northern Ireland to put robust testing and tracing systems in place during the first large scale shutdown. "

That isn't on the Dublin or London governments, that is on the parties in Stormont, including Sinn Fein. I also found this point interesting:

"Prof McKee said Northern Ireland seems to be experiencing a problem with adherence to social distancing guidelines and the use of face coverings.

He said that after he speaks to the media in Northern Ireland, he experiences "vitriolic attacks on social media"."

That sounds really familiar, you criticise the government in Northern Ireland and you then experience vitriolic attacks on social media.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Please stop posting selfies. We know you are upset about Leo's continued unprecedented high popularity rating, but you don't need to put it on display for the whole world.

Ah the aul' 'I know you are..'. :rolleyes:

That sounds really familiar, you criticise the government in Northern Ireland and you then experience vitriolic attacks on social media.

I'll give you a minute......

Ah the aul' 'I know you are..'. :rolleyes:

I'll give you a minute......

If you think that humourous comment on the pic you posted was vitriolic, your skin must be translucent, it's so thin.

Hmmmm, interesting theory there Mr Brenner, let's see now......

Because the Shinners "form part of the government in the north" - they must take some responsibility for what a GAA team get up to in their celebrations post championship finals.....

So, by that logic the blueshirt brigade, who form part of the government here must take some responsibility for the antics of the lads from Blackrock GAA club on Sunday?

Criticism of celebrations following Cork hurling championship final

Poorly laid out argument Bren, I say a very poorly laid out argument indeed. Start thinking ahead before you drop more clangers like that my friend.

I’m afraid it’s yourself who is dropping the changers R.P.

You see I agree that all incidents like have been described should be ‘ handled ‘ by those in govt.

Last I heard no action has been taken on any of the events by those in charge.

Allowing the conditions to exist that facilitate such buck leppin and disregard of advice and regulations without seemingly any comeback for those involved would fall on the respective govts.

Given that things have spiraled almost out of control in NI I feel justified in calling SF out to get the begging bowl off the table, and actually make a few decisions.

For once in their lives R.P........;)

If you think that humourous comment on the pic you posted was vitriolic, your skin must be translucent, it's so thin.

You attack people who criticise the government, constantly. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
    If your conspiracy theory that every anti government comment is from shinner HQ stands, well, were does that put you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

This article provides some interesting insights:

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/1008/1170227-executive-covid-measures/

"Meanwhile, Martin McKee, Professor of European Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has said opportunities were missed in Northern Ireland to put robust testing and tracing systems in place during the first large scale shutdown. "

That isn't on the Dublin or London governments, that is on the parties in Stormont, including Sinn Fein. I also found this point interesting:

"Prof McKee said Northern Ireland seems to be experiencing a problem with adherence to social distancing guidelines and the use of face coverings.

He said that after he speaks to the media in Northern Ireland, he experiences "vitriolic attacks on social media"."

You do realise that any reasonable point/question will just be ignored

They'll send Dundalkfc back in now to go on an angry rant to change the subject.

Give it 5 mins, Francie just needs to log out

You do realise that any reasonable point/question will just be ignored

They'll send Dundalkfc back in now to go on an angry rant to change the subject.

Give it 5 mins, Francie just needs to log out

Why do you lads spend more time commenting on the posters than the comments being made?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Why do you lads spend more time commenting on the posters than the comments being made?

Pointing out the predictable approach/trend that is seen on here regularly.

Whenever anything SF have done/are doing wrong is pointed out - a few poodles come along & start barking to try cause a diversion

Whenever anything SF have done/are doing wrong is pointed out - a few poodles come along & start barking to try cause a diversion

But you piled in after blanch to have a go at another poster...pot and kettle therefore? Brendi arrives too regularly to scold us all and markodaly does the nightshift.

If you don't want the subject changed just post on the current topic...if you post on the topics that is.

I suggest you follow all these shinner lines of discussion back to were someone posts on something the government said or did and it's deflected to SF by 'a few poodles'.
    Imagine for a moment you come on here and want to comment on something FF/FG said or did and some 'poodle' starts on about SF up north?

But you piled in after blanch to have a go at another poster...pot and kettle therefore? Brendi arrives too regularly to scold us all and markodaly does the nightshift.

If you don't want the subject changed just post on the current topic...if you post on the topics that is.

Not a normal party indeed.

Michael Martin said that he 'didn't know the NPHET meeting was about 'changing levels', Donnelly has told the Dáil that he discussed changing to Level 4 with Holohan.
    Would you therefore have confidence in your Minister for Health? Turning to farcical levels this latest foot shooting excercise. Government of Chaos.

Michael Martin said that he 'didn't know the NPHET meeting was about 'changing levels', Donnelly has told the Dáil that he discussed changing to Level 4 with Holohan.
    Would you therefore have confidence in your Minister for Health? Turning to farcical levels this latest foot shooting excercise. Government of Chaos.

Like a bunch of lads called to the Principles office. They need get their stories straight. Something every few days with them. Farce.

Is this why Leo tried to throw Holohan under the bus on Monday?

https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1314298752425963525?s=19

Did Stephen, Michaél and Eamon purposely leave Leo out (loose lips sink ships etc etc) and Leo took a bit of a wobbler at not being in the boys club?

Or is Leo lying too......

It'll all come out.

Is this why Leo tried to throw Holohan under the bus on Monday?

https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1314298752425963525?s=19

Did Stephen, Michaél and Eamon purposely leave Leo out (loose lips sink ships etc etc) and Leo took a bit of a wobbler at not being in the boys club?

Or is Leo lying too......

It'll all come out.

Donnelly is out of his depth. He has landed his boss in it instead of having the nous to kill it off altogether.
    Government of Chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Like a bunch of lads called to the Principles office. They need get their stories straight. Something every few days with them. Farce.
    What would happen if they were called to the Principal's office?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Donnelly is out of his depth. He has landed his boss in it instead of having the nous to kill it off altogether.
    Government of Chaos

Donnelly is definitely out of his depth when it comes to thinking on his feet
    I think most of FF are similar now
    Its like they went on a reverse your abilities course
    They've aced that course
    Its not what we need in this pandemic,but just our luck,its what we get a government implosion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement