Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

How many of the 10k + had Sinn Féin in them? 50%?

66 and around 44% from yourself from a quick search.

528938.JPG

528939.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

john4321 wrote: »
    66 and around 44% from yourself from a quick search.

528938.JPG

528939.JPG

Ah yeh just search for Sinn Féin, what about Mary Lou, funeral, Michelle, Pearse, SF, DUP, Gerry, IRA, PIRA, New IRA, Real IRA, Continuity IRA, Arlene, Slab

I'd say there's a few more

Ah yeh just search for Sinn Féin, what about Mary Lou, funeral, Michelle, Pearse, SF, DUP, Gerry, IRA, PIRA, New IRA, Real IRA, Continuity IRA, Arlene, Slab

I'd say there's a few more

You said
    How many of the 10k + had Sinn Féin in them? 50%?

You said

Sound man. You knew what I meant but isn't that the FG/FF way, deflect well the Green member Blanch does too aswell

Sound man. You knew what I meant but isn't that the FG/FF way, deflect well the Green member Blanch does too aswell

I didn't bring political parties or other posters into it. I just replied to your post.

• Advertisement

I didn't bring political parties or other posters into it. I just replied to your post.

Cheers man

The Govt don't like having a proper opposition. Wonder what the scandal this week will be?

It's a thread about the Govt, good chance they will be talked about

Cheers man

The Govt don't like having a proper opposition. Wonder what the scandal this week will be?

It's a thread about the Govt, good chance they will be talked about

All I replied to was your post trying to claim that over 5000 posts in the thread were about Sinn Féin.

Have you anything to back that up or was it just a lie?

I understand it's a Government thread it's yourself who went off topic with the comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

buddabelly wrote: »
    Hell NO!
    LEO looked good, the public can see the Covid BS , and LEO was the first to call it out.

No one has died from old age in Ireland since March, Covid must extent the lifespan of people/s
    A few people die every day

A level 5 won't fix this
    All it does is restrict spread by law for a few weeks
    Then stupid people start spreading it again like no tomorrow
    Nphet are at nothing until irresponsible spreaders cop on
    No sign of that from what I've heard about the local shopping centre yesterday
    No soc distancing
    Yummy mummies all huddled having a good old chat literally massaging one another :mad:
    Politicians or nphet are at nothing
    Titanic deck chair rearranging

Nobotty wrote: »
    A few people die every day

A level 5 won't fix this
    All it does is restrict spread by law for a few weeks
    Then stupid people start spreading it again like no tomorrow
    Nphet are at nothing until irresponsible spreaders cop on
    No sign of that from what I've heard about the local shopping centre yesterday
    No soc distancing
    Yummy mummies all huddled having a good old chat literally massaging one another :mad:
    Politicians or nphet are at nothing
    Titanic deck chair rearranging

Totally agree. Personal responsibility is the only way to conquer this damn virus. I went to my local Penney’s last week and left again without making a purchase as I felt uncomfortable with so many people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,114 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Totally agree. Personal responsibility is the only way to conquer this damn virus. I went to my local Penney’s last week and left again without making a purchase as I felt uncomfortable with so many people there.

I've seen this pivot take place on twitter too, cheerled by Simon Harris...start blaming the public.
    Disgusting really. Getting properly roasted and found out about it too.

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1314986734816460800

• Advertisement

I've seen this pivot take place on twitter too, cheerled by Simon Harris...start blaming the public.
    Disgusting really. Getting properly roasted and found out about it too.

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1314986734816460800

Who IS to blame if not those refusing to follow simple guidelines? Wear a mask. Wash/sanitise hands. Keep your distance. Disgusting lack of consideration for fellow citizens.

All I replied to was your post trying to claim that over 5000 posts in the thread were about Sinn Féin.

Have you anything to back that up or was it just a lie?

I understand it's a Government thread it's yourself who went off topic with the comment.

It wasn't a lie no, now I can't be arsed going back over 10,000 posts but just because they don't have the words SF don't mean the posts were not about them or talking about them

Anyway back on topic the 2nd in charge is still missing since Tony put him back in his box on Thursday, now if you want to know about lying he's your man

Who IS to blame if not those refusing to follow simple guidelines? Wear a mask. Wash/sanitise hands. Keep your distance. Disgusting lack of consideration for fellow citizens.

That is the very basics of fighting this disease. Level 1 stuff.

We are way beyond that given the numbers.

I've seen this pivot take place on twitter too, cheerled by Simon Harris...start blaming the public

It IS spread in the community by the public
    The members of the public responsible are careless or don't care
    That IS a fact

That is the very basics of fighting this disease. Level 1 stuff.

We are way beyond that given the numbers.

Yes, we are way beyond basics given the numbers refusing to follow guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Including EU Commissioner's, Supreme court judges and ministers, TDs and Senators from government.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Including EU Commissioner's, Supreme court judges and ministers, TDs and Senators from government.

Including all the above.

It IS spread in the community by the public
    The members of the public responsible are careless or don't care
    That IS a fact

Publics fault about cases in Nursing Homes, DP Centres, Schools?

McMurphy wrote: »

Oh golfgate,yes that judge should be sacked but we are where we are now
    Given the wreckers behaviour of a lot of the public and without a vaccine, you'd need 365 level 5 to stop covid
    That would give you the economy of Haiti in no length

I don't know what we the responsible are going to do short of arming themselves in public with tazers to put people apart
    Our only hope is a good vaccine

Yes it is
    Governments didn't stop people washing hands and distancing or people working there doing that
    Its a world wide problem
    This is NOT a political problem
    Its a human problem at this stage

• Advertisement

Yes it is
    Governments didn't stop people washing hands and distancing or people working there doing that
    Its a world wide problem
    This is NOT a political problem
    Its a human problem at this stage

So it's the publics fault that outbreaks occurred in Meatplants and the Govt never acted to close them or get them under control.

It's the publics fault that 1 person waiting for a test had the Dáil shut down but 1 case in a school classroom does not even mean the class has to isolate.

It the publics fault that people in DP Centres are living in top of each other with social distancing impossible

Us public really are a disgrace

So it's the publics fault that outbreaks occurred in Meatplants and the Govt never acted to close them or get them under control.

It's the publics fault that 1 person waiting for a test had the Dáil shut down but 1 case in a school classroom does not even mean the class has to isolate.

It the publics fault that people in DP Centres are living in top of each other with social distancing impossible

Us public really are a disgrace

You have completely the wrong grasp on this there IMO
    Theres nothing stopping people in meatpacking only associating with themselves
    Theyre in a high risk job,that's what they should be doing
    If not they are being irresponsible
    No question about it
    On schools,its as obvious as the day is long that directions to limit covid don't include closing schools as the importance of education trumps teachers health

So what are we left with? Everyone else needs to be responsible so the virus doesn't get into schools in the first place
    Thats not happening
    Its despairing

You have completely the wrong grasp on this there IMO
    Theres nothing stopping people in meatpacking only associating with themselves
    Theyre in a high risk job,that's what they should be doing
    If not they are being irresponsible
    No question about it
    On schools,its as obvious as the day is long that directions to limit covid don't include closing schools as the importance of education trumps teachers health

So what are we left with? Everyone else needs to be responsible so the virus doesn't get into schools in the first place
    Thats not happening
    Its despairing

Alot of these people working in meat factory's, are living in same property provided by employer, bused to and from work by employer, working on top of each other, underpaid, no ppe protection if working close to someone

Sure its easy for them only to associate with themselves

Alot of these people working in meat factory's, are living in same property provided by employer, bused to and from work by employer, working on top of each other, underpaid, no ppe protection if working close to someone

Its not a problem if they keep away from the rest of us
    The point I'm making is ,I get that you feel its very important to be on here trashing the government (and let's face it they're making it easy) but what's a 100 thousand times more important right now when talking about covid is to encourage and cajole people back into following guidelines and to recognise thats where the problem is
    Please do criticise Donnelly for his 100 days tweet,not mentioning the pandemic at all and the many many other opportunities this government have open goals on
    But honestly covid is something if we don't just continue to do our bit persuading and reminding the careless, we are at nothing

What 'numbers'...have you data to present here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We had a lockdown in the community and killed it off there. In the meantime meat plants and do went unchecked as did airports. Even if we get to zero in the community which we did these unmonitored areas on need one or two infections to restart the fire again.

The Oireachtas committee hearing into meat factory workers living found that very few live together. Most live with their families in private rented properties.

If they WERE living as you say, than working close together shouldn’t be a problem.

The Oireachtas committee hearing into meat factory workers living found that very few live together. Most live with their families in private rented properties.

If they WERE living as you say, than working close together shouldn’t be a problem.

Where is this evidence?

Where is this evidence?

On the Oireachtas website. Try Googling. I’m sure that I already posted the link some time ago.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    We had a lockdown in the community and killed it off there. In the meantime meat plants and do went unchecked as did airports. Even if we get to zero in the community which we did these unmonitored areas on need one or two infections to restart the fire again.

Getting Zero by locking down is pointless if when opening up people go mad again because its not really zero
    The notion of it'll not happen to me needs to go
    People need to assume everyone outside their own house is positive until there's a vaccine that works, then take it
    Donnelly was utterly terrible on the news at one on rte
    The problem is he just doesn't research properly and has no answers
    You could listen to him for 10 minutes and learn nothing from the waffle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement