Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options
1333334335336337339»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,906 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Seems orders for the week are to shift the blame to the ordinary person.
    Simon Harris,
    Stephen Donnelly,
    The Taoiseach and numerous posters on here pivoting to that stance today.

Expect loads of anecdotal 'I saw in my local xxxxxx....' stories to bolster the blame shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Seems orders for the week are to shift the blame to the ordinary person.
    Simon Harris,
    Stephen Donnelly,
    The Taoiseach and numerous posters on here pivoting to that stance today.

Expect loads of anecdotal 'I saw in my local xxxxxx....' stories to bolster the blame shifting.

:D

Don’t worry Mr B .. there’s tellers outside every shopping mall and Main Street in the country annotating what everyone who wants to see, can see.

It’s not true of course unless it goes into a MDB.

Mr B........do us a favour, get real:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Not forgetting the black tie white shirt dudes and dudesses who attended the fake funeral for poor Bobby....big Pearse with the big lollipop head on him sticking up in the middle of them.

It wouldn't be my thing but if we are bringing funerals into it. The people who broke the rules at the Gardaí funeral must be pointed out aswell

It wouldn't be my thing but if we are bringing funerals into it. The people who broke the rules at the Gardaí funeral must be pointed out aswell

And off we go again........

“It wouldn’t be my thing.....”. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Gardà locally here told me that funeral shouldn't have happened
    What do we have to do to remind high profile people that this pandemic won't go on forever and memorials of high profile people can be held later

• Advertisement

And off we go again........

“It wouldn’t be my thing.....”. :D

You brought funerals up. And it was a funeral not a fake funeral, unless Bobby is still alive

Don’t worry Mr B .. there’s tellers outside every shopping mall and Main Street in the country annotating what everyone who wants to see, can see.

It’s not true of course unless it goes into a MDB.

Mr B........do us a favour, get real:D

Keep following orders Brendi...we know what is going on here. It's the mop up brigade out in force cleaning up after Leo's latest undermining political rant.

Start blaming ordinary people doing their best in the main to make sense of the confusing messaging.

Any comment at all on the two messages put out today by the Tanaiste and the Taoiseach...i.e. circuit breaker is possible vs circuit breaker is doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭PommieBast

I think a few extra words slipped in:
    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Leo does a comple uturn and suggests short sharp lockdowns maybe needed, Donnelly and some obscure minister of state confirm schools won't be getting extended mid term break and just to finish off the day, Taoiseach rules nothing out including level 4 & 5 and gets a subtle dig in at Leo saying no circuit breaker type lockdown would work, be considered etc.
    If Worldometers figure of 1,000 yesterday is accurate we are getting Level 5, even if not in name :(

Keep following orders Brendi...we know what is going on here. It's the mop up brigade out in force cleaning up after Leo's latest undermining political rant.

Start blaming ordinary people doing their best in the main to make sense of the confusing messaging.

Any comment at all on the two messages put out today by the Tanaiste and the Taoiseach...i.e. circuit breaker is possible vs circuit breaker is doubtful.

No Mr B, I don’t spend all my days of rest trawling for negativity and trying to toss out spurious accusations.

Soz :D

• Advertisement

Leo needs to get off twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Not a good week for Leo either.

Quite selective from Pearse, did the expert group also say give the two fingers to corporate tax payers who an arm of the state had said was fully compliant with Irish tax law? Has some neck talking about people embarrassing themselves.

Lapped up as usual by people like yourself.

christy c wrote: »
    Quite selective from Pearse, did the expert group also say give the two fingers to corporate tax payers who an arm of the state had said was fully compliant with Irish tax law? Has some neck talking about people embarrassing themselves.

These folk and their fellow travelers tend to be selective cc.

They tend to get very upset about relatively minor stuff but seem to ignore churns amongst their ranks who exult at ‘breaking the state’

No problem with that it seems and they expect the taxpayer to vote them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Poor auld Leo he doesn't know what the hell way to swing now, no matter what way the wind is blowing.

I could have sworn I witnessed Leo about to pop a blood vessel on the telly on Monday night telling us that the country didn't need to go to level 5 just because NPHET said so, but surely not because I seen him in the papers this morning actually telling us the country needed to go into a level 5 " did someone slap him around the face with a wet trout and waken him, or did he just wait until mid week when he heard the Shinners use the "circuit breaker" terminology and decide to run with that instead?

You need to wait for cases to finish before doing victory laps Christy. How many times do you need to be told that.

No Mr B, I don’t spend all my days of rest trawling for negativity and trying to toss out spurious accusations.

Soz :D

Brendi, you'll get no rest until you red out under yon bed.

Any comment on the two conflicting statements from the Tanaiste and the Taoiseach?
    Senior hurling is it?

You need to wait for cases to finish before doing victory laps Christy. How many times do you need to be told that.

There's no victory lap, seems you dont understand this issue either. Not appealing the flawed EU ruling is as stupid as wanting to spend money held in escrow.

There's no victory lap, seems you dont understand this issue either. Not appealing the flawed EU ruling is as stupid as wanting to spend money held in escrow.

How stupid an opinion is that?

You can't spend money held in escrow, you have to take steps to get it out of escrow first.

How stupid an opinion is that?

You can't spend money held in escrow, you have to take steps to get it out of escrow first.

Point is you should not be taking it out of escrow if it is under appeal. But Pearse said it's OK so everything is hunky dory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Point is you should not be taking it out of escrow if it is under appeal. But Pearse said it's OK so everything is hunky dory

Wouldn't be expecting too much from Pearse after his "alternative budget". Did occur to me as I read the rent freeze proposals that the likes of Violet Ann have enjoyed a rent freeze for some considerable time - covid or no covid

• Advertisement

The only way it would have been spendable was for us to drop out of the appeal and let the corporation we teamed up it go it alone.

The only way it would have been spendable was for us to drop out of the appeal and let the corporation we teamed up it go it alone.

So as I said, give the two fingers to corporate tax payers who an arm of the state had said was fully compliant with Irish tax law. Demographics looking after themselves levels of stupidity.

So as I said, give the two fingers to corporate tax payers who an arm of the state had said was fully compliant with Irish tax law. Demographics looking after themselves levels of stupidity.

And, as the rest of the EU believe the Irish government was in cahoots with Apple to avoid paying tax...i.e. giving the two fingers of two hands to the ordinary Irish taxpayer.

And, as the rest of the EU believe the Irish government was in cahoots with Apple to avoid paying tax...i.e. giving the two fingers of two hands to the ordinary Irish taxpayer.

Haha, the same tax payer which has benefitted massively from the presence of Apple and the likes. Head in the sand stuff

Haha, the same tax payer which has benefitted massively from the presence of Apple and the likes. Head in the sand stuff

Leo-nomics = they set up here to make profit therefore they should be allowed do whatever they want.

Leo-nomics = they set up here to make profit therefore they should be allowed do whatever they want.

We've entered the fan fiction section.

With all the conflicting info and lies from MM and LV, Eamonn Ryan seems to be the normal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Yep they set up here to make a profit, they supply cartloads of jobs and in return get fudgy tax deals.

Plenty to criticise perhaps (though the thousands employed by multinationals and their families wont be joining you)

The alternative is to impose higher taxes on them, they are then gone somewhere else along with their jobs.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

One particular hamster has complained that this thread is now killing him, so I've set up a new one here

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement