Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Do we know how long the two balls/two household nonsense will last?

First 2 weeks in my place

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ForeRight wrote: »
    First 2 weeks in my place

I assume that's liable to change based on government advice on outdoor meetings?

My place is doing 2 balls only so at least play should be fast, just hope people heed the no double weekend bookings advice

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Two balls only. 9 holes permitted twice a week. Absolute joke. Pristine course aside, its very hard to justify paying over 1100 quid this year..... Will just have to put up with it I suppose and hope it's lasts no longer than an initial two week period.

Check the terms of your membership, if you pay for a 7 day you are entitled to play 7 days if space available, I've no issue with 9 holes only for a while to be fair to other 7 dayers , they tried that in our club last time and they were inundated with complaints as people said they'd pull their full membership as flexi and 5 day members had same rights and better value

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭whitefoot

2 ball, 9 hole, max three time a week in my place. Have introduced a mandatory cost of €3 per nine holes for “handicapping administration” (no option but to prepay this online) for these rounds. You can decline this only in person when you arrive in person in the pro shop

I will not be paying this. I’d be happy to to pay something voluntary to help out the club but this is snakey

Can you tell me more about this? Is it purely revenue opportunism by the Club on top of your annual subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Two balls only. 9 holes permitted twice a week. Absolute joke. Pristine course aside, its very hard to justify paying over 1100 quid this year..... Will just have to put up with it I suppose and hope it's lasts no longer than an initial two week period.

just just know this rule wont apply to some...bound to be a few committee members getting the full 18 in.

i personally think people are mad paying their subs this year..it a year for casual golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Nozebleed wrote: »
    just just know this rule wont apply to some...bound to be a few committee members getting the full 18 in.

i personally think people are mad paying their subs this year..it a year for casual golf.

Private clubs cannot survive without member subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Nozebleed wrote: »

It's a good point. Only thing is that I'm planning on playing an awful lot this year so I still hope to get my value out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Our sheets are due to open Thursday,
    Plan to go to range after work Monday, Then have Tuesday & Wednesday booked off work so should get 36 in.
    All the lads are working so looks like it'll be a stranger match for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

7 days from now i'll be getting the clubs in the car, and heading to play the first round in over 6 months. Can't ****ing wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Must get the clubs out this evening for a good wash.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Just get the clubs out this evening for a good wash.

I hope you didn't find any banana's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Must get the clubs out this evening for a good wash.

I reckon I've washed mine about three times since I last played, they are sparkling! And they will get another wash on Monday too.

Any best guess for the resumption of green fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

soffregio wrote: »
    Any best guess for the resumption of green fees?

NEVER

NEVER WELCOMED BACK :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Local driving range after putting in Trackman Range on 15 bays, think I'm more exciting about trying that out than getting back on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭blue note

What's a trackman range? I'm guessing a very basic trackman. What does it show you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Booked in for Monday 26th and Saturday May 1st, still no sign of being back to work so hopefully find more playing partners to get out with midweek!

blue note wrote: »
    What's a trackman range? I'm guessing a very basic trackman. What does it show you?

Yeah think you get 8 data points. There's is a monitor in the bay & the range is mapped out accurately on it or you can sim a course or other games.

I'm less interested in the games function but will be great to get some real data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

Local driving range after putting in Trackman Range on 15 bays, think I'm more exciting about trying that out than getting back on the course.

do you mind me asking which driving range is that?
    Would love to have that facility with in decent distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'm still waiting for the ranges near me to say when they can reopen. I think they are waiting to be told.

willabur wrote: »
    do you mind me asking which driving range is that?
    Would love to have that facility with in decent distance

Yeah is Ballyneety in Limerick.

https://ballyneetydrivingrange.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

That looks deadly!

Anyone know or anywhere like this in the northeast?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    That looks deadly!

Anyone know or anywhere like this in the northeast?

They say its Ireland's first. Looks class alright, can't wait to give it a go.

First Up wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the ranges near me to say when they can reopen. I think they are waiting to be told.

It's in the FAQ on Golf Ireland that they can reopen on the 26th as well. Might be restrictions about number if bays etc. but they can reopen next Monday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

Trackman is such a no brainer for driving ranges. Makes the whole experience alot more fun and meaningful. Upfront cost is big but I'm fairly certain they will see the ROI quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭blue note

When you can get apps on the phone to do it now it seems a given that driving ranges will all have something installed in a few years. They'll probably feed into apps on our phones so that we can store the data. It'll be a good excuse for them to increase prices.

Don't the spawell have something like this? Not trackman, but one of the competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Turn on ball conversion to transform the range ball into a premium ball in no wind conditions. Hahaha sounds great I'll have to flick that switch on the first next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

When you can get apps on the phone to do it now it seems a given that driving ranges will all have something installed in a few years. They'll probably feed into apps on our phones so that we can store the data. It'll be a good excuse for them to increase prices.

Don't the spawell have something like this? Not trackman, but one of the competitors.

The app on your phone (shot vision I assume you're referring to?) is absolutely terrible. You couldn't trust the numbers at all. Maybe in absolutely perfect conditions it might work but in my testing its nowhere near where it needs to be to make it worthwhile. I thinks the likes of PRGR, Rhapsodo and G80 are the bare minimum at the moment for decent results that are comparable to Trackman etc. but for sure I'd say in 5/6 years time it will be standard to have some sort of launch monitor in the ranges.

Below are some stats from my driver. I'd say if I hit one shot that carried 250 yards during that session I was doing well. It was telling me I was carrying nearly 300yards. It seemed to work better for short irons but even then its wildly inconsistent.

https://imgur.com/a/mlHQtq7

Sorry for off topic post :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

As you might expect, this was the best range I've ever used

Advertisement