Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Rikand wrote: »
    Read some stat on instagram(so probably take it with a pinch of salt) but out of 20 million rounds of golf played in Canada last year, there was not one case of covid transmission related to a game of golf being played

Haven’t seen that, but golf in parts of Canada has been closed for long periods, as have fittings, lessons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Have myself on the timesheet for Monday.. WooHoo....

haven't hit a ball since the courses closed so will be interesting to see where its going, been doing loads of swinging with speed sticks, fan and PlaneSwing ...

Game was in great shape when it was locked up as had just been through a run of lessons fixing some old habits so hopefully not lost all those gains

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I just cant wait to get to the practice ground. I miss it more than anything else. I'll be out there monday for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Rikand wrote: »
    I just cant wait to get to the practice ground. I miss it more than anything else. I'll be out there monday for definite

Are driving ranges going to be open? or just practice areas at clubs?

etxp wrote: »

Driving ranges too. Athlone driving range will be open from 6am monday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Driving ranges will be open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

Exactly wrote: »
    Yes ranges can Open. Professionals can coach kids but not adults.

Any indication when lessons are to be allowed from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

Need to get fitted for a new set of irons, can’t see myself playing any decent golf until I get them sorted out. Any idea if anyone is doing fittings from Monday? Even by appointment?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't think i've ever wanted a weekend to be over as much as i do right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

etxp wrote: »

Bit of a grey area I think. In our club you are allowed use the practice facilities 15 minutes before teeing off, but not after the round, as they are not open as such.

Some clubs have very separate ranges that can operate as stand alone enterprises and some just have a range as part of the general facilities, so like I said, grey area for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

2 days

tenor.gif

All of us heading up to the golf club Monday morning

https://youtu.be/6ySNaIZqucc

its-christmas-eve-eve-omg-29767409.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,423 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Timesheets for this-day-week for my club opened today.

Have to say, if you’re a weekend golfer there is no value in getting membership as you’d be pure lucky to get out at the weekend.

Clonmel are doing the right thing by the way.

They’ve moved their membership calendar from Jan to Jan to April to April

That’s probably as a good a compromise I’ve seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Booking for Monday (last Monday) 3 mins everything gone.
    Booking for Sat opened last night, still a few slots there (plenty early and late with about 10 open in between). Plenty available for friday (except in the evening).

Can play 3 times during the week and once at weekend. Looks like this has had a positive impact. Delighted. Back to normal relatively speaking...just need 4 ball to come back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tullamore don't seem to be restricting the amount of times you can play during the week, but will give priority to people at the weekend who can't play midweek, which seems fair enough.

Local place near me also has no restrictions on how much you play, so hoping to get out twice on Monday if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

callaway92 wrote: »
    Timesheets for this-day-week for my club opened today.

Have to say, if you’re a weekend golfer there is no value in getting membership as you’d be pure lucky to get out at the weekend.

Clonmel are doing the right thing by the way.

They’ve moved their membership calendar from Jan to Jan to April to April

That’s probably as a good a compromise I’ve seen so far.

Curragh is doing the same, voted thru at the recent AGM, makes sense as gives some allowance for the time lost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

What’s the story with club competitions or open comps? Are they part of the next lifting of restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

slingerz wrote: »
    What’s the story with club competitions or open comps? Are they part of the next lifting of restrictions?

Nobody knows

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sipper

Motivator wrote: »
    Need to get fitted for a new set of irons, can’t see myself playing any decent golf until I get them sorted out. Any idea if anyone is doing fittings from Monday? Even by appointment?

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Kiith wrote: »
    Tullamore don't seem to be restricting the amount of times you can play during the week, but will give priority to people at the weekend who can't play midweek, which seems fair enough.

Local place near me also has no restrictions on how much you play, so hoping to get out twice on Monday if possible.

Carlow not restricting anything either but just asking those who aren't working to book times before 4pm mid week. Tee sheet only opening 48 hours in advance of each day so Mondays going live tonight at 9pm, will be interesting to see how quick it fills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Club have just released new drone footage to get the juices flowing. Course had was redeveloped over the last few years, lots of young trees planted in recent months to finish it.

Can't wait

https://fb.watch/53PcSSdw1p/

One and a bit days

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

In the words of little orphan Annie " Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, you're only a day away."

375abd3b38a0d7debc15a3cbafc929a0.gif

200.gif

Me in dundrum later

https://youtu.be/Cn8PiqIXEjQ

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

I decided not to renew membership this year. This weather really has me regretting that decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

I decided not to renew membership this year. This weather really has me regretting that decision

you know it wont last...and given the numbers at bray and skerries beach the last few days...id nearly guarantee were on for another lockdown. hope not..but.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Its grand as soon as restrictions on visitors lift you will have a better chance of getting on the timesheet paying greenfees at any of the Carr Golf Courses than you have being a member!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

So are we changing the title of this thread to 'aaaaand we're back - again' ?

• Advertisement

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    So are we changing the title of this thread to 'aaaaand we're back - again' ?

We're not back yet. Still time for them to take it away from us again :)

Advertisement