Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

blue note wrote: »
    Don't the spawell have something like this? Not trackman, but one of the competitors.

Toptracer
    it's good, but not as good as trackman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

The app on your phone (shot vision I assume you're referring to?) is absolutely terrible. You couldn't trust the numbers at all. Maybe in absolutely perfect conditions it might work but in my testing its nowhere near where it needs to be to make it worthwhile. I thinks the likes of PRGR, Rhapsodo and G80 are the bare minimum at the moment for decent results that are comparable to Trackman etc. but for sure I'd say in 5/6 years time it will be standard to have some sort of launch monitor in the ranges.

Below are some stats from my driver. I'd say if I hit one shot that carried 250 yards during that session I was doing well. It was telling me I was carrying nearly 300yards. It seemed to work better for short irons but even then its wildly inconsistent.

https://imgur.com/a/mlHQtq7

Sorry for off topic post :o

Rambo Dechambeau would be happy with those numbers :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Rambo Dechambeau would be happy with those numbers :eek: :pac:

If it wasn't for the fact my own eyes were telling me my drives were going anywhere from 200-240 yards I'd have walked off the range feeling great :D It also told me I was hitting my 7i 170-190 yards too :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definitely going to head up there once they're open, and try our the trackman range. I wish they were available in more places, as i'd love to get more practise on a range where i know what is actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Prices are decent too. Surprised it wasn't a total rip off.
    25, 50 & 100 balls cost 6, 9 & 15e respectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

ClutchIt wrote: »

Yeah surprised they were so reasonable. 30% extra with the €200 range card which i will deffo be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I was a member in Ballyneaty too, wish I was still down there now. Could definitely see myself on the range most evenings with that set-up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Top tracer is very good also, available in Spawell.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The local snooker club is getting in an Opti shot simulator.

I think it more geared towards playing online courses rather than accurate data to help with distance tapping ect.

Most look into it further though

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

redzerdrog wrote: »
    The local snooker club is getting in an Opti shot simulator.

I think it more geared towards playing online courses rather than accurate data to help with distance tapping ect.

Most look into it further though

Local snooker clubs still exist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Stacksey wrote: »
    Local snooker clubs still exist?

They do apparently! Must be 15 years since I was in one though

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Well, Chronogolf opened for booking tee times for the 26th at 9pm. All tee times booked by 9:03 bar a couple of people booked on own. Managed to get in but Jazus that is mad. Weather better be decent, mind you, I’ll be going out even if there is a hurricane. Hope it calms down by the weekend (book 7 days in advance).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

higster wrote: »
    Well, Chronogolf opened for booking tee times for the 26th at 9pm. All tee times booked by 9:03 bar a couple of people booked on own. Managed to get in but Jazus that is mad. Weather better be decent, mind you, I’ll be going out even if there is a hurricane. Hope it calms down by the weekend (book 7 days in advance).

Mad to only open one day at a time for first opening. Of course there would be mayhem

We opened whole week and then opened second week three days later

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Booked in for next Monday, Saturday and Sunday, 9 holes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

We're booked in next Monday morning. Can't wait. Thankfully 3 of my close mates are playing too and are members of the club, so we're going out in pairs. I'm off Tuesday too, so hoping to get out again

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Ours opened for Monday 26th this morning at 9am, nearly 75% booked at this stage. We are only opening one day at a time for the first week so people dont block book - rather than restrict people to a number of rounds each - for now anyway. 18 holes 2.39pm - cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

We're limited to 3 nine hole rounds a week. Disappointing not to be able to get out more but fair is fair as the demand is going to be off the charts. Better have that than no golf at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Neewollah

Our bookings go live this evening for the 1st Monday to Sunday. Allowed 2 midweek and 1 weekend time. 18 holes. 2 balls only.

We're not doing too bad in the greater scheme of things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Timesheets go live on Friday and it’s 2 ball only on all 3 nines and you can play everyday. Very happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    We're limited to 3 nine hole rounds a week. Disappointing not to be able to get out more but fair is fair as the demand is going to be off the charts. Better have that than no golf at all.

Must be a big membership, there 12.5 hours of tee times available so at 8 minute intervals, two balls on two nines thats 375 people a day

875 people would be able to play 3 9s a week assuming noone took a break. So you would want 1,000 members on an 18 hole course to justify limiting it to 3 x 9s

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TigerPhil

Is there a listing anywhere of 2/3/4 day golf events where multiple courses are in play?

Given that we'll be holidaying locally for awhile. With annual leave to burn.

What's on and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭blue note

TigerPhil wrote: »
    Is there a listing anywhere of 2/3/4 day golf events where multiple courses are in play?

Given that we'll be holidaying locally for awhile. With annual leave to burn.

What's on and where?

I know I saw an ad for Ballybunion doing a two day on their two courses.

Rosapeanna have one on their three courses (New one opening I believe). You'll find it on their website.

The sligo links have a 3 club special for about €180 too. I'd love to do that.

tvc15 wrote: »
    Must be a big membership, there 12.5 hours of tee times available so at 8 minute intervals, two balls on two nines thats 375 people a day

875 people would be able to play 3 9s a week assuming noone took a break. So you would want 1,000 members on an 18 hole course to justify limiting it to 3 x 9s

Think we’ve in the region of 1,300 members, which a huge portion playing (particularly since Covid).

The two household nonsense makes a balls of it, but hopefully it won’t last very long. And it’s still better than no golf at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

Think we’ve in the region of 1,300 members, which a huge portion playing (particularly since Covid).

The two household nonsense makes a balls of it, but hopefully it won’t last very long. And it’s still better than no golf at all!

thats a massive membership number

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tropics001

blue note wrote: »
    I know I saw an ad for Ballybunion doing a two day on their two courses.

anyone have details on that? thinking of planning a trip down that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Castleknock?

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Castleknock?

Galway GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

tropics001 wrote: »
    anyone have details on that? thinking of planning a trip down that direction.

Also be very interested in this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

Also be very interested in this

they have charity events / fundraisers a couple of times per year. Usually 60 or so quid which goes to the charity. Keep an eye out for those. Might want to stalk around facebook or similar to see which ones were run before and then look for them to be scheduled again.

Advertisement