Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TigerPhil

slingerz wrote: »
    They have scratch cups there every year
    When is the Tralee Scratch Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Seve OB wrote: »
    Can you please pm contact details for relevant person/department in golf Ireland as I would like to get something I can give my club also

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

TigerPhil wrote: »
    When is the Tralee Scratch Cup?

They hold 4 scratch cups every year over different weekends during the summer months. Doubt they have anything confirmed yet re this years scratch cups but might be worth a phonecall.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

fearruanua wrote: »
    They hold 4 scratch cups every year over different weekends during the summer months. Doubt they have anything confirmed yet re this years scratch cups but might be worth a phonecall.

Also worth asking about the Pat Mulcare AM AM, it was €100 when I played it. BallyB and Tralee over a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

PARlance wrote: »
    Also worth asking about the Pat Mulcare AM AM, it was €100 when I played it. BallyB and Tralee over a weekend.

I emailed them about that event last month. They said
    it was still the intention to run it in late July but would obviously be dependent on the covid situation at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Now the next thing on the agenda...
    When do you reckon we will be able to play 3 or 4 balls?
    Obviously this is in line with govt allowing 3 or more households meet up outdoors.
    I would say May 3rd... which would only be one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Now the next thing on the agenda...
    When do you reckon we will be able to play 3 or 4 balls?
    Obviously this is in line with govt allowing 3 or more households meet up outdoors.
    I would say May 3rd... which would only be one week.

Between 8th and 10th May. I know some clubs are already planning to move after two weeks once they are allowed to reopen and the rest will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Will the casual golf be qualifying if its only 9 holes and 2 balls?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭blue note

Pretty sure it can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Between 8th and 10th May. I know some clubs are already planning to move after two weeks once they are allowed to reopen and the rest will follow.

I'd be happy enough with that. Hopefully no longer tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any idea on when green fees/open comps would happen? I know it won't necessarily be based on anything official, but hoping to plan in some rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Mushy wrote: »
    Any idea on when green fees/open comps would happen? I know it won't necessarily be based on anything official, but hoping to plan in some rounds

No idea but would hope by June green fee, society and opens can happened. May be still county based till July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

11 days

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

McGuirks are saying that they are open to fittings from 26th April, I'm not sure they will get away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

fungie wrote: »
    McGuirks are saying that they are open to fittings from 26th April, I'm not sure they will get away with that.

If it's appointment only, I wouldn't see a problem. Got an email from foregolf earlier this week detailing how they are returning to business, starting with appointments that were cancelled earlier this year. No left handed bookings being taken though so that rules me out😡

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

If it's appointment only, I wouldn't see a problem. Got an email from foregolf earlier this week detailing how they are returning to business, starting with appointments that were cancelled earlier this year. No left handed bookings being taken though so that rules me out��

Odd that there no left handed bookings :)

Hopefully they are, I just thought they're jumping the gun a bit. I assumed it falls under regular retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

fungie wrote: »
    Odd that there no left handed bookings :)

Hopefully they are, I just thought they're jumping the gun a bit. I assumed it falls under regular retail.

Sorry I should have clarified, no left handed bookings due to worldwide shortage of components. I assume it will resume later in the year but id imagine mcguirks will have the same issues ( if you're a leftie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Russman

Presumably they're getting away with it because if driving ranges are open from 26th, its not really much different to Foregolf or some of the McGuirks places(ie Leopardstwon driving range) ?

Pi$$ed about the lefty thing though !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

blue note wrote: »
    Pretty sure it can be.

That's grand, at least we can start working on the handicaps without having to wait for the comps to come back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

If driving ranges are open on the 26th, where does that leave ranges at the club?

Falls under general practice facilities or stand alone ranges? I use the club range as my practice range, just more confusion anyway. I'd like to rock to the range (outdoor) and hit a few on a day I won't be playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

Foregolf were saying mid May for fittings. I got the text yesterday that an email is due with a link to book but nothing received yet. Anyone else get an email with a link to book?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

im lokking to get back pplaying this summer after 4 years out...do you guys think there'll be much casual golf this year with group size restrictions etc? or will members pack courses all week trying to get their moneys worth..

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Nozebleed wrote: »
    im lokking to get back pplaying this summer after 4 years out...do you guys think there'll be much casual golf this year with group size restrictions etc? or will members pack courses all week trying to get their moneys worth..

Most clubs will have to give a certain amount of time to green fees. It's a vital income. I'd say come july and august most clubs will be open for green fees

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

kod12 wrote: »
    Foregolf were saying mid May for fittings. I got the text yesterday that an email is due with a link to book but nothing received yet. Anyone else get an email with a link to book?

No link yet, just the original message saying they're going to clear the Jan backlog first. I was originally booked for 1st Feb, so hopefully wont take too long to catch up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Booked in at 10:30am on the 26th, full 18 holes. Can't ****ing wait!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Still waiting for my club to send out details of how we will proceed, never mind tee times open.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Time sheets going live tomorrow for the 26th onwards for Arklow. Cant wait to get out and get a game in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Kiith wrote: »
    Booked in at 10:30am on the 26th, full 18 holes. Can't ****ing wait!! :D

Did you find a home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

10 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Booked in for Wednesday 28th. Can't wait to slice it 100 yards out of bounds and thinking to myself what is the point :pac:

Advertisement