Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options
1126127128129130132»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭blue note

willabur wrote: »
    Strange that they are still not opening the timesheets. Have heard some other courses doing the same.

Timesheet opens today at 6, they're allowing 4balls and having a singles stableford. A mail went out yesterday at 5. It goes to my gmail promotions folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

But what is being described in the document is how to host a competition without calling it a competition, make no mistake. And Sports Ireland have said no amateur competitions until June 7th. Golf Ireland's protocol may not have been breached, given a liberal (and, most likely, the intended) interpretation, but Sports Ireland's regulations are being breached, by GI covertly and by your club overtly.

Well we have been taking direction from GI for the last 12 months so why stop now. They explicitly say events are allowed if not called competitions so I, for one, am happy to abide by their protocols for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Well we have been taking direction from GI for the last 12 months so why stop now. They explicitly say events are allowed if not called competitions so I, for one, am happy to abide by their protocols for a change

So am I.

I think G Ireland were horrified when S Ireland lumped all amateur sport together. Rather than appealing their case to SI, I think this time they thought better of it and came up with their own interpretation of things. Which, it would appear, they should've done all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Golf Ireland finally but it in plain English for people and members comps restart on Monday.....

Anyone else agree that some people running golf just over complicate things!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Thank you!

That's great news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

anyone know what the story is with Frankfield Driving Range is at the moment? Haven't been that direction myself for a while but I've heard its closed at the moment or something? Shame as the other ones near the city aren't as good really

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pukeko

anyone know what the story is with Frankfield Driving Range is at the moment? Haven't been that direction myself for a while but I've heard its closed at the moment or something? Shame as the other ones near the city aren't as good really
    Outdoor (grass) range is closed. Indoor is open but no drivers. I was told they are "realigning" when i went up there a week or so ago. Short game area is back open and looks tidy.

• Advertisement

pukeko wrote: »
    Outdoor (grass) range is closed. Indoor is open but no drivers. I was told they are "realigning" when i went up there a week or so ago. Short game area is back open and looks tidy.

ah i see, one closer to me that has a grass area so not really worth going out of my way atm. i do like their short game area and the putting course so i might have to pop in if im passing

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pukeko

ah i see, one closer to me that has a grass area so not really worth going out of my way atm. i do like their short game area and the putting course so i might have to pop in if im passing
    What side of the city you on? i'm East Cork and little or no range options out there. Be nice to have a grass one local

pukeko wrote: »
    What side of the city you on? i'm East Cork and little or no range options out there. Be nice to have a grass one local

two in the ballincollig area and i think innishannon has a grass area too. not a fan of mats at all so i try and avoid using them if possible. havent been to the midleton one but good to know its just mats there too.

Advertisement