Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭blue note

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Also be very interested in this

Sorry, it came up in my Facebook feed and I can't find it again. I think it was one of those golf magazines or something doing a comp with accommodation optional. And if I remember correctly a final on a parkland like carton House or somewhere like that. And I think they were doing a second one because the first sold out.

I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Kid Charlemagne

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

tropics001 wrote: »
    anyone have details on that? thinking of planning a trip down that direction.

https://www.ballybuniongolf.com/offers/tralee-ballybunion-stay-play/51-29122/

take a look there, we did it last year & loved it! 475pp, 2 night B&B right next the Ballybunion GC. 1 evening meal & the 3 rounds of golf (Tralee, Ballybunion Old & Casheen)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Given the latest figures and positive leaks from government circles, I'm beginning to hope that the two household rule for golf could be ditched. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

ForeRight wrote: »

looked in this tread just to double check it was 5 days today :D:D

(I didnt really)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Given the latest figures and positive leaks from government circles, I'm beginning to hope that the two household rule for golf could be ditched. Fingers crossed.

Once they announce 3 households can meet outdoors it can be done away with

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭fungie

Stacksey wrote: »
    Once they announce 3 households can meet outdoors it can be done away with

Well 4 households really considering a lot of comps are that format.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Fore.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thankfully weather looks like it will hold up into next week, must roll out the shorts.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭kod12

are some clubs opened back up for visitors from start of May?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

kod12 wrote: »

I don't think so, anywhere I've seen is members only but I'm sure once the next wave of eased restrictions are announced next week they will start allowing visitors where possible. I'd imagine a lot will depend on timesheets in the beginning of May, a lot of members will be annoyed if half the day is gone with green fees on a Saturday so I think society golf is a non-runner in the short term but who knows. A lot of places will want money fairly badly you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭blue note

Clubs will get some serious flack if they have societies out and members can't get on the timesheeet.

Some clubs will badly need the money though. They might be in jeopardy already as regards being sustainable, so might have to allow a few societies or green fees.

Once you don't go over the top with non member slots on the time sheet and make sure members appreciate why you're doing it some members will be understanding. And lots of members won't at all and will want all times to be member only even if it means the club could go under.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Maybe something like the 7 hole course in Grange Castle might be taking in non member bookings as its separate to the main 18?

1vpDH1Q.jpg

Me doing the school run today after cleaning my spanner’s

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭newport2

ForeRight wrote: »

Me doing the school run today after cleaning my spanner’s

Shinnecock Hills?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Outside of Dublin country club type spots are taking visitors, places that have too much land and too few members.

Can't imagine any of your large membership'd clubs will be taking visitors till midsummer at earliest.

newport2 wrote: »
    Shinnecock Hills?

Correct sir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I've a bit of lawn envy looking at that never mind the headcover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Can golf ranges open on Monday? Golf coaches have been told they can't resume coaching on the 26th

Stacksey wrote: »
    Can golf ranges open on Monday? Golf coaches have been told they can't resume coaching on the 26th

Yes ranges can Open. Professionals can coach kids but not adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Exactly wrote: »
    Yes ranges can Open. Professionals can coach kids but not adults.

That's one of the most ridiculous restrictions. 15 kids can be coached but adult 1 to 1 is forbidden.

There really is no logic to the sporting restrictions/re opening.

RGS wrote: »
    That's one of the most ridiculous restrictions. 15 kids can be coached but adult 1 to 1 is forbidden.

No sense to it whatsoever. Professionals being stopped from making a livelihood.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Read some stat on instagram(so probably take it with a pinch of salt) but out of 20 million rounds of golf played in Canada last year, there was not one case of covid transmission related to a game of golf being played

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rikand wrote: »
    Read some stat on instagram(so probably take it with a pinch of salt) but out of 20 million rounds of golf played in Canada last year, there was not one case of covid transmission related to a game of golf being played

Yeah but where they stopping in for a coffee and a muffin?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love that argument. If stopping for coffee is so dangerous, close coffee shops not golf clubs.

Anyway...

KaFeIV0.jpg

days! :D

3 days

LastingBoldHeron-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

RGS wrote: »

The logic is age related older people generally have worst outcomes from this virus and one to one coaching in a typical golf lesson for an adult can occasionally result in very close contact. Surely one to one lessons could come back with Coaches maintaining their distance from their pupils though??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

The logic is age related older people generally have worst outcomes from this virus and one to one coaching in a typical golf lesson for an adult can occasionally result in very close contact. Surely one to one lessons could come back with Coaches maintaining their distance from their pupils though??

I agree with your last sentence but I believe your argument was not part of the process. After 13 moths we know nuance and detail regarding activities are never part of the process.

All adults sports(Non elite) are lumped together so when your local GAA, soccer club get the go ahead for adult training--golf coaching will get the OK.

Advertisement