Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Grey and heavily overcast in Galway yet again. Even under the easterly flow, that would normally bring the best of the conditions here, we end up with just a repeat of the what we had during the westerly July.

had a whole week of that here in Meath without any break and it was most frustrating, yet the cloud would break up at night and reform by daybreak. It's back proper strength sun here for the first time since last Saturday. We did get a few glimses of sunshine earlier in the week but it was too late in the evening and it was very hazy/milky stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Been dull in the Deise bar the odd moment since Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Heading west to the in-laws today. The sun has been stone-splitting all week where they are. Until today. Of course. At 36, I feel like I should be used to our aggravating weather by now. Nope. Still pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Slate grey skies in Galway today, humid aswell and around 21 degrees.

After the thunderstorm in West cork last night a lot of houses by our house down there are flooded around them, lots of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Feels very warm and humid in Dublin 5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Feels very warm and humid in Dublin 5

Today is probably the first real day of summer we've had in well over a month. Last Saturday was lovely and sunny but it wasn't that warm, today has similar levels of sunshine but it is definitely warmer even with that stiff breeze. The few short lived bits of sun we had this week were after 6pm and wasn't much warmth left by then either. Definitely making the most of today's warm and sunny weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Light shower in west Clare, 21.2°c humidity 89%. Stubbornly overcast again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I detest this type of dull low grey cloud day with such oppressive humidity.

The worst of the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely day up north again, a thin veil of cloud today but the sun is still shining through and feeling nice and warm again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Lovely day up north again, a thin veil of cloud today but the sun is still shining through and feeling nice and warm again.

I envy you. Wet, dull and extremely humid the last few days in Wexfprd.Very little sunshine. Raining right now

• Advertisement

Today most likely looks like a one day wonder for the Dublin/Meath area with lovely sunshine and relatively warm temperatures. There will be more cloud and showers around tomorrow and temperatures will be back down into the teens again for many places tomorrow.

A big change for all of us from Wednesday with the Atlantic roaring back in and this time it looks like it will have it's game face on as the gates of Autumn swing open from midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

24°c in west clare now, overcast but some blue spots visible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A few breaks in the cloud thankfully to let out the steam so to speak and helped dry up the air a bit. Had to put on the dehumidifier to try and dry up the house , not a puff of air .

With all the heat and damp and light wind condition's there has been an explosion in the fly and insect population, have a lot of trees around my house and they are full of them, the tree creepers and willow warblers are having a field day.

Clouded in again and 20.8C after getting up to 21.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A grey slate of cloud all day in Castlebar, it did get over 23C but very humid out.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Today most likely looks like a one day wonder for the Dublin/Meath area with lovely sunshine and relatively warm temperatures. There will be more cloud and showers around tomorrow and temperatures will be back down into the teens again for many places tomorrow.

A big change for all of us from Wednesday with the Atlantic roaring back in and this time it looks like it will have it's game face on as the gates of Autumn swing open from midweek.

Wow, we're coming into autumn already.... this year has gone fast. Hopefully we'll get some nice weather in september

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

The sun in Dublin today has just been glorious.

I've made sure I'm topping up my Vitamin D here all day + barbecue time now.

Bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

Another scorcher of a day in Donegal.

It's great getting the daily dose of Vit D and Sea. We are all in much better form and ready for bed at the end of the day.

I'll be sad when this weather changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is the screen at the RTÉ weather studio green or blue? Either way it didn't particularly react well with Jean Byrnes dress this evening.

Pouring rain in wexford now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Massive thunderstorm in Tipp/Limerick area. Red dots all over the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Glorious sunny evening here in north Galway we have had a great run of it with only 3mm in past 8 days. Making up for an atrocious July

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

25c in Sligo again today

22c tomorrow will mean 11 days over 20c up here since August

We had 2 in July

We had 5 days of 25c end of May start of June so I've been to beach about 15 times this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Lovely evening in Dublin.. Just heating up the coals as we speak..

pauldry wrote: »
    25c in Sligo again today

22c tomorrow will mean 11 days over 20c up here since August

We had 2 in July

We had 5 days of 25c end of May start of June so I've been to beach about 15 times this year

You've probably had one of the best locations in the country this summer for warm weather. Here in Meath we've had nothing like that.

- 4 decent days in June over 20C with one of them reaching 25C. 9 days in total reaching 20C or more however most of the days had rain or drizzle at some point.
    - 2 decent days in July with one of them reaching 23C. 3 days in total reaching 20C or more.
    - 2 decent days in August with one of them reaching 24C. 6 days in total reaching 20C or more but most of them were cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Ended up another beautiful day in Letterkenny, high cloud burned away in early afternoon to give us another day of warm sunshine. Lovely clear evening now without a breath of wind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Every day this Summer in the Northwest has been beautiful....or rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Has been a lovely evening also in Central Mayo. After a largely cloudy day, the sun found a way through this evening. Nice and balmy outside and still a respectable 19c here just after 9pm. The weather for over the past week has been more than decent here. Some really good days and some partially cloudy sultry ones that usually delivered something at some stage. Has been warm and close a lot of the time also but far more preferable to 14c and rain in my eyes!
    Have especially enjoyed sitting out the past few evenings. Happy to see a bit of decent weather in these parts during August for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Whats the weather to be like tomorrow in Meath? We are heading to Tayto park.

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Whats the weather to be like tomorrow in Meath? We are heading to Tayto park.

tomorrow will be a cooler day than today with temperatures 15 to 18C in Meath tomorrow, it won't be as sunny as today with more cloud around and a few light showers could break out.

fmiuk-41-27-0.png?15-19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Gonzo wrote: »

Funny enough this time last week the forecast was for the Atlantic to take over again from Tuesday/Wednesday - but yet it turned out a mighty week in the west. The best since May easily.
    Forecast accuracy gone to pot altogether in these type of conditions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement