Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options
1124125126127128130»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

appledrop wrote: »
    Well its official, dullest August ever on record(78 years!) for Dublin airport. Also one of only stations to have below average temperature for August. Oh + it was wet + windy.

Oh + dullest July for 34 tears + 6th dullest June on record .

Oh + some people on here wondered why I gave out about weather so much this summer.

Well the data backs up my moaning!

This was very much my experience in Meath, 3 months of cloud, rain, wind, mist, drizzle and cool daytime temperatures bar a few well spread out singular days. At this stage we are all well informed in just how awful this summer was for Leinster, particularly the greater Dublin region.

Most other parts of the country did get a week of summer beginning of August but let's be honest it was a crap summer overall for most of the country. A few days of low level warmth and sunshine in August does not magically fix a broken summer.

We are now 2 days into Autumn and I think most of us have said our goodbye celebrations for the awful summer and it's time to move on to the Autumn thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement