Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

hmmm wrote: »
    I know we've had this conversation before, but your Boards persona of acting as some sort of cross-examination lawyer badgering people about trivial points adds nothing to most threads.

Not at all ,it just appeared you agreed an inquiry is necessary. If you don't apologises for assuming you'd like to know what went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,680 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Just read the reports in the media, the nursing home that my Dad was in (and died from Covid 19 in at the beginning of the month) tops the list of deaths in residential homes. 35 dead out of 131 residents. Just over a quarter of the people who lived there. Gone in the space of a few weeks.

Aside from my Dad, it saddens me to think about all those people I passed and said hello to on all my visits there that are now gone. That's not to mention all the other victims. I can barely get my head around my Dad dying, let alone the enormity of the whole situation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/the-human-cost-of-covid-19-ireland-s-care-homes-with-the-most-deaths-revealed-1.4264170

Heartbreaking post. Im beginning to feel angry that we are getting way too comfortable with this virus. I understand opening up and trying to live with it. But the general attitude in the public is concerning for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

wadacrack wrote: »
    Heartbreaking post. Im beginning to feel angry that we are getting way too comfortable with this virus. I understand opening up and trying to live with it. But the general attitude in the public is concerning for me

Word of advice, disconnect from the Internet and go out and smell the roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Italy reports 593 new cases out of 76,000 tests.

70 deaths reported

• Advertisement

Japan has ended its state of emergency. Not sure how many have they tested but only had 16,696 cases in population of 126.5m or 32 cases per 1m people.

Ireland has had 24,803 cases for population of 4.9m or 5,061. Know differences in testing, population size, use of masks, etc but that's some difference.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/japan-ends-its-covid-19-state-emergency

Eod100 wrote: »
    Japan has ended its state of emergency. Not sure how many have they tested but only had 16,696 cases in population of 126.5m or 32 cases per 1m people.

Ireland has had 24,803 cases for population of 4.9m or 5,061. Know differences in testing, population size, use of masks, etc but that's some difference.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/japan-ends-its-covid-19-state-emergency

Japan imposed an entry ban on foreign travellers from areas of high risk. We had 1000's of Italian fans roaming the streets in March. That too made a difference.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/04/b6fcaca0cb7d-qa-japans-coronavirus-related-border-controls.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

wadacrack wrote: »

If the virus only infected those who belittle others concerned about one of the ugliest viruses I've ever heard of, I'd be all for a full reopening immediately. Crowds everywhere. I'd be the first in the line for that. In the event many of these people will end up infected, some may die. They probably didn't think it'd happen to them, it would only happen to the old people...or the fat people...or the people with ashtma or or or...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

9 more deaths RIP.

46 new cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

46 new cases and 9 deaths reported today

• Advertisement

Loss of smell and taste added to case definition

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Anyone have a link, curious what Philip is saying

8 deaths, not 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Did Dr Tony just cough there with no mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

lbj666 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link, curious what Philip is saying

https://www.facebook.com/257558294273180/videos/987257471689043

1 ICU admissions last 24hrs, 5 hospital. Yesterday seems to be an anomaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sign language girl looking well today, just to indulge in my inner knuckle dragger.

Following the UK list of defined symptoms.

Japan imposed an entry ban on foreign travellers from areas of high risk. We had 1000's of Italian fans roaming the streets in March. That too made a difference.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/04/b6fcaca0cb7d-qa-japans-coronavirus-related-border-controls.html

Did we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

RIP, the 9 people who died

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Notmything

Did we?

No, and the first Irish cases were Irish people who had travelled to infected areas. But that doesn't suit the narrative.

76 new residential home cases in the last few days. Another explanation for the increases last few days.

Did we?

Rugby supporters, let's not forget the thousands who went to Cheltenham and the Liverpool champions League match. Our borders never closed.

Did we?

We had some no doubt, but you'd wonder how many traveled in the end after the match was cancelled and with all that was going on over in Italy at that moment. Are Italian rugby fans known for travelling in massive numbers even in the best of times?

It's possible that we had thousands, but I wonder did we actually have as many as that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just read the reports in the media, the nursing home that my Dad was in (and died from Covid 19 in at the beginning of the month) tops the list of deaths in residential homes. 35 dead out of 131 residents. Just over a quarter of the people who lived there. Gone in the space of a few weeks.

Aside from my Dad, it saddens me to think about all those people I passed and said hello to on all my visits there that are now gone. That's not to mention all the other victims. I can barely get my head around my Dad dying, let alone the enormity of the whole situation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/the-human-cost-of-covid-19-ireland-s-care-homes-with-the-most-deaths-revealed-1.4264170

I'm really, really sorry for your loss, Gregor. Heartbreaking is right. I know it wouldn't help your Dad or the other people who died of it, but I hope they will thoroughly investigate what happened with the nursing homes and that manslaughter charges are brought against those responsible, like they've done in other countries.

Wow. It only took them the guts of two months! Watch out, next month we might have finger- and toe- discoloration... or is it there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭normanoffside

76 new residential home cases in the last few days. Another explanation for the increases last few days.

He is out with the slides trying to cover up 'the false narrative' of excess deaths in Nursing homes here.
    Starting to sound like Boris and the UK guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Did Dr Tony just cough there with no mask?

Leading by example. It's why they don't want mandatory masks. Cough anywhere and everywhere.

• Advertisement

Tony should have just let Zara King get her wedding/hairdressers/ hairdresser's wedding's question out of the way first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement