Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XVII-24,841 in ROI (1,639 deaths) 4,679 in NI (518 deaths)(28/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

fr336 wrote: »
    Hi President Trump

Did you really expect a serious response to the rambling nonsense you posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

And they seem to have got plenty.
    But why were they not prepared? Again a billion euro of funding goes towards these private for profit businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Good news: Austria, which started easing lockdown on April 14th, has reported case numbers for last few days: 34, 18, 36, 17, 50. Population 9 million.

Bad news: Austria made face coverings compulsory.

Doesn't take a genius to see how one can lead to the other.

More good news later.

NDWC wrote: »
    Did you really expect a serious response to the rambling nonsense you posted?

Maybe it'll make up for all the times I've read your rambling nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Good news, people! The UK now has the most excess deaths in the WORLD. On the plus side, it remains the 5th largest economy in the world. It's also a really lovely sunny day here. I'm feeling really positive about how things are going and look forward to getting the country back to work and prospering.

You think the deaths of 1000's is good news,?wow without doubt one of the most disturbing comments on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Good news: Austria, which started easing lockdown on April 14th, has reported case numbers for last few days: 34, 18, 36, 17, 50. Population 9 million.

Bad news: Austria made face coverings compulsory.

Doesn't take a genius to see how one can lead to the other.

More good news later.

What's your point?? They've been relatively low for the last month. We've been relatively low for the past week with no mandatory face coverings, Austria were hit before us, we've always said we're 2-3 weeks behind them in case numbers.

Not sure what exactly your trying to get at. Both countries reporting low numbers at the moment.

They're numbers are largely inline with Denmark who dont have mandatory face coverings either.

While face coverings could well be useful in enclosed spaces your point of it doesn't take a genius to see how one can lead to another can be countered with the likes of Denmark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The NI dashboard is excellent in terms of the information provided, unfortunately however, 2 more deaths today:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9

Uriel. wrote: »
    And they seem to have got plenty.
    But why were they not prepared? Again a billion euro of funding goes towards these private for profit businesses.

Keep spinning, don't get to dizzy though.

You think the deaths of 1000's is good news,?wow without doubt one of the most disturbing comments on this thread.

You are such a troll. Five minutes ago you were accusing me of being too negative, scaremongering. Now I post a sarcastic post showing how silly posters like you are with your "so much scaremongering going on" and you're posting this crap. Troll!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

WHERE have I said all going to die? Even at its worst Corona wouldn't get a million of the population. How much is acceptable to you? 50,000? 100,000?

You didn’t but it’s the way your posts come across. We have lots to be positive about at the moment from where i’m standing.

• Advertisement

What's your point?? They've been relatively low for the last month. We've been relatively low for the past week with no mandatory face coverings, Austria were hit before us, we've always said we're 2-3 weeks behind them in case numbers.

Not sure what exactly your trying to get at. Both countries reporting low numbers at the moment.

They're numbers are largely inline with Denmark who dont have mandatory face coverings either.

While face coverings could well be useful in enclosed spaces your point of it doesn't take a genius to see how one can lead to another can be countered with the likes of Denmark

Ireland is still in lockdown. How can you compare a locked down country (Ireland) with Austria (released lockdown over a month ago)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭political analyst

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1265940667303448576

People are dying - or will die - needlessly because of the suspension of screening for those conditions.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    You didn’t but it’s the way your posts come across. We have lots to be positive about at the moment from where i’m standing.

Maybe in Ireland. The UK is a disaster movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

People are dying - or will die - needlessly because of the suspension of screening for those conditions.

I genuinely cannot find a valid reason for these not to continue. Only one I can fathom is the HSE thinks hospital transmission is happening, or possibly lack of PPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Maybe it'll make up for all the times I've read your rambling nonsense.

Yes indeed I've done plenty rambling in my 0.49 posts per day since 2008 ðŸ˜

Anyway here's hoping for another decline in cases today!

Ireland is still in lockdown. How can you compare a locked down country (Ireland) with Austria (released lockdown over a month ago)?

What are you on about ?? Austria started releasing lockdown a month ago, it unlocked hospitality only last week. They did / are doing it in a phased basis.

Ireland is in lockdown in name, walk around anywhere and it's quite clear people are back out and about and visiting friends and family. We just can't officially do it.

Your either just looking for an argument or wilfully ignoring the actually stats which I provided in the case of Denmark also.

You are such a troll. Five minutes ago you were accusing me of being too negative, scaremongering. Now I post a sarcastic post showing how silly posters like you are with your "so much scaremongering going on" and you're posting this crap. Troll!

Actually I haven't accused you of negativity or scaremongering even in the last hour, so lies on your behalf but I have reported the 'troll ' allegation.

Absolutely shameful. The death toll from disease that could have been caught early with screening will far outweigh the death toll from covid

But hopefully it won't be from Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Absolutely shameful. The death toll from disease that could have been caught early with screening will far outweigh the death toll from covid

Now is the time to start bringing back these appointments in a manner whereby they will be able to maintain them if there is a second wave, there is nothing I can think of that should be holding this up. The biggest travesty would be not learning from mistakes made and failing to setup the infrastructure to manage this better in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

. The UK is a disaster movie.

That has improved significantly. At one stage they were having circa 800 deaths they are now down to half that.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Now is the time to start bringing back these appointments in a manner whereby they will be able to maintain them if there is a second wave, there is nothing I can think of that should be holding this up. The biggest travesty would be not learning from mistakes made and failing to setup the infrastructure to manage this better in the future.

Fully agree, I fail to see how they could and haven't got a process in place by now for these appointments to restart and continue. Early detection is critical as most people know all too well from personal experiences and family experiences with cancer

And this is just for cancer in the UK, its unthinkable how many will die from the non screening for cancer at the moment.

https://twitter.com/ProfKarolSikora/status/1265930062530072578?s=19

Micky 32 wrote: »
    That has improved significantly. At one stage they were having circa 800 deaths they are now down to half that.

Because of lockdown. And because even a stupid government like the UK Tories aren't rushing out of it. Lockdown in May means a fully open economy and society in September, October, November, December. Not having to close down again and again when the politicians get (rightly) terrified by a steep increase in deaths. By the way it's down to more than half that on most days.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @fr336 - I didn't realise we'd made you a moderator of the forum?!

Seeing as we didn't, wind your neck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I genuinely cannot find a valid reason for these not to continue. Only one I can fathom is the HSE thinks hospital transmission is happening, or possibly lack of PPE.

In preparation for a surge in the virus, the HSE had to take staff from other areas and redeploy them. We don't know the exact in and outs of the whole entire pandemic preparation and crisis within the HSE. We know that doctors and nurses were particularly susceptible to the virus and there's something also known as viral load that contributes to a dose. It's possible staffing might not be available in some parts of a hospital or HSE settings and services now. Either through sickness or death of even family problems and death in family and mourning etc.

Good news: UK daily death toll (official government figures not ONS figures) down to 213. Still 213 needless deaths, mind.

Bad news: UK outbreak still "relatively stable" and infecting 54,000 people per week. Even during a lockdown.

Positivity!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

https://www.thejournal.ie/matt-damon-leaving-ireland-5109912-May2020/

A watershed moment when we come to write the history of Ireland, or has this lockdown become too much for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Cal4567 wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/matt-damon-leaving-ireland-5109912-May2020/

A watershed moment when we come to write the history of Ireland, or has this lockdown become too much for me?

He's The Departed.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement