Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm cocooning - housemate being a d*ck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭MissJustice

L1011 wrote: »
    Report a thread if you believe this to be the case

The thread was not a wind up, I assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No not a wind up.

Although I manage having a cat given the fact that I have mild asthma. I won't give my cat up just because of that.

I sorted it out with my housemate this evening. He has decided to see sense and cop on with how deadly the virus is, and to keep me and our other housemate safe.

Cop on has finally prevailed with him.

Thanks for all your advice and comments, but not the comments that were not so nice.

Stay safe everyone.

Maybe I imagined it but didn't you say earlier that he promised to stop going to his relatives for work and he started going again.
    I have no idea how your going to manage when his other work and your other housemates starts up again.
    If I had health conditions I'd be out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

So the housemate just saw sense, just like that and has completely changed his outlook?
    I have my doubts about this story tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

wonga77 wrote: »
    So the housemate just saw sense, just like that and has completely changed his outlook?
    I have my doubts about this story tbh

The house mate is probably keeping the peace, the OP probably spent the last 24 hours making it a nightmare for everyone in the house

I would guess the housemate will now go out and instead of coming back just stay out all day, which means increasing the risk of getting covid.

If you lived in a house and had someone monitoring your every move would you go back to it?

As discussed the OP should stop been so selfish and move out now, or risk both housemates turning completely against her

• Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

As above they aren’t the law but these are the type of thing we are being asked to do and should be doing to limit the virus spread. If you can’t understand that then I doubt I can get in into your head.

We have never been asked by any official source to limit the duration of exercise to 20 minutes, or to anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Apologies if already mentioned but he is committing social welfare fraud if he is getting the Covid payment and getting paid for doing work for his relation also.

Apologies if already mentioned but he is committing social welfare fraud if he is getting the Covid payment and getting paid for doing work for his relation also.

Was the flatmate claiming welfare mentioned previously or did you jump to that conclusion by yourself?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Was the flatmate claiming welfare mentioned previously or did you jump to that conclusion by yourself?

I said if they are claiming it. I was asking the question more or less.

Anyway it's hardly a leap in the dark when mentioned they were let go from their work. Why wouldn't they claim it? Hundreds of thousands are.

The country is borrowing billions to pay this and we will have to pay this back. If someone is taking the piss and doing nixers also it's not on and illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I said if they are claiming it. I was asking the question more or less.

Anyway it's hardly a leap in the dark when mentioned they were let go from their work. Why wouldn't they claim it? Hundreds of thousands are.

The country is borrowing billions to pay this and we will have to pay this back. If someone is taking the piss and doing nixers also it's not on and illegal.

This thread just sunk further into silliness. Now the flat mate is a fraudster.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Someone who should be renting on their own and wants all the benefits of such whilst actually sharing.

• Advertisement

Dav010 wrote: »
    This thread just sunk further into silliness. Now the flat mate is a fraudster.

Yes if they are getting social welfare which is very likely and also working nixers which has been established by the OP, yes they are commiting fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Yes if they are getting social welfare which is very likely and also working nixers which has been established by the OP, yes they are commiting fraud.

Similar happened in the other thread

It now a case of who can come up with the most ridiculous statement

Shefwedfan wrote: »

It now a vase of who can come up with the most ridiculous statement

Very flowery comment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Very flowery comment :pac:

You are currently in the lead.

Out of interest, is there anything stopping someone on wage subsidy scheme from working?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I heard the flatmate was selling drugs on the side...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

It now a case of who can come up with the most ridiculous statement

The flat mate is leaving the house to work on a vaccine for a vaccine to corona. He wants to weaponise it. And had his first target lined up. This person has posted on the thread.

@shed, am I doing it right?

We have never been asked by any official source to limit the duration of exercise to 20 minutes, or to anything.

The word “brief exercise” has been used numerous times by officials.

Also if we are being asked to stay at home and to limit or interaction with anyone outside their home even the most dim people should be able to understand that part of that would be limiting the number of times you go exercising and the length of it. Unfortunately many are incapable of realising this and this is why things are getting drawn out longer and longer.

Personally I would not be at all surprised if the opening of the country takes far longer than the plan due to people being so stupid and selfish that they can follow the rules and guidance and understand that leaving your house constantly, multiple shopping trips, prolonged or multiple exercises per day etc is the type of thing that goes totally against “stay at home”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The word “brief exercise” has been used numerous times by officials.

Also if we are being asked to stay at home and to limit or interaction with anyone outside their home even the most dim people should be able to understand that part of that would be limiting the number of times you go exercising and the length of it. Unfortunately many are incapable of realising this and this is why things are getting drawn out longer and longer.

Personally I would not be at all surprised if the opening of the country takes far longer than the plan due to people being so stupid and selfish that they can follow the rules and guidance and understand that leaving your house constantly, multiple shopping trips, prolonged or multiple exercises per day etc is the type of thing that goes totally against “stay at home”.
    I have no desire to derail this joke of a thread but I can assure you once a government is formed Dr Holohan will be put back in his box and the country will be reopened a damn sight faster than the present timeline. The destruction of the economy will take centre stage.
    As an aside 'brief' is open to interpretation, I regularly run marathon distance while training so to me a 1 to 2 hour run is brief.

I have no desire to derail this joke of a thread but I can assure you once a government is formed Dr Holohan will be put back in his box and the country will be reopened a damn sight faster than the present timeline. The destruction of the economy will take centre stage.
    As an aside 'brief' is open to interpretation, I regularly run marathon distance while training so to me a 1 to 2 hour run is brief.

Did you enjoy your day out to cheer on Gemma outside the court? Your statements would certainly fit in well so I’m sure you did. Get many hugs?

Did you enjoy your day out to cheer on Gemma outside the court? Your statements would certainly fit in well so I’m sure you did. Get many hugs?

You should stop now, you're just embarrassing yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

This has gone round and round on many other thread with successive posters quoting the voices in their heads as authoritative sources for "brief" meaning 5 mins, 10 mins, 20 mins, 30 mins, 60 mins etc. The Irish government removed the word brief from their official communications, while the French defined it as 60 mins. 20 mins hasn't appeared anywhere other than in a dream nox had. Also "once a day" is a UK restriction, not an Irish one.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Housesharing and cocooning are incompatible. Unless all housemates are also cocooning, which wouldn't be a common situation I expect, it's not reasonable for those who need to cocoon to expect the others to follow the same restrictions, especially if they are in a position to work and need the income.

You should stop now, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Your post basically said “I am happy to kill more people than is necessary” which is what happens if we open up too quickly and ignore the advice we are given. And you think I’m embarrassing myself :rolleyes:

Your post basically said “I am happy to kill more people than is necessary” which is what happens if we open up too quickly and ignore the advice we are given. And you think I’m embarrassing myself :rolleyes:

Im not sure you understand the meaning of inverted commas

Jeez Boards is annoyingly slow

I’m embarrassing myself

Totally agree with you, that's why I suggested you stop.
    Btw the inverted commas suggest a quotation, I never said it . You made it up . You have no point when you revert to lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Looks like the OP got sorted in post 147

The army checkpoints and special shopping passes was the best comment. It was only missing summary execution at the side of the road :pac:

Totally agree with you, that's why I suggested you stop.
    Btw the inverted commas suggest a quotation, I never said it . You made it up . You have no point when you revert to lies.

Commas doesn’t necessarily mean an exact quote, they can be used as I did also. I use them like this all the time and have never seen anyone find issue.
    mikemac2 wrote: »

The army checkpoints and special shopping passes was the best comment. It was only missing summary execution at the side of the road :pac:

It’s almost like some have been living in another world for the past few months, making a laugh out of my suggestion that has been the reality in many countries. You do realise this is exactly how lockdown worked in Spain and Italy, Italy especially had severe punishments for anyone out of the house for any reason at all without a permit.

There was none of this rubbish getting posted a few weeks ago but not people are really showing the massive complacency that’s setting in and it shows he total lack of respect many have for those who have died or could die if they contract the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Point us to the post you are quoting from please. Or did you just make that up in your head, like the “laws” that you keep mentioning?
    It’s obvious now why you’ve lived at home all your life making no financial contribution to the housekeeping. You just weren’t suitable for communal living.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭MissJustice

The house mate is probably keeping the peace, the OP probably spent the last 24 hours making it a nightmare for everyone in the house

I would guess the housemate will now go out and instead of coming back just stay out all day, which means increasing the risk of getting covid.

If you lived in a house and had someone monitoring your every move would you go back to it?

As discussed the OP should stop been so selfish and move out now, or risk both housemates turning completely against her

And how would you know what has taken place in the past 24 hours in our house?

I am sick to death of people like you who come online and make their own assumptions about someone, and call them selfish or whatever else they decide upon.

And now I should move out of my own home? Again, when you don't have a clue what has gone on here.

Sounds like you would be a nightmare to live with.

• Advertisement

And how would you know what has taken place in the past 24 hours in our house?

I am sick to death of people like you who come online and make their own assumptions about someone, and call them selfish or whatever else they decide upon.

And now I should move out of my own home? Again, when you don't have a clue what has gone on here.

Sounds like you would be a nightmare to live with.

But it's not just your home though is it? You are expecting your housemates to cocoon with you and conform to your demands. As other posters have said how are you going to manage when the restrictions start lifting. Do you expect the people in the house to continue to isolate? If you do your nativity is touching.
    You got excellent advice to go to your parents home, they have an investment in you, your housemates don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement