Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of restrictions Part II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭lord quackinton

Benimar wrote: »
    No one believes you!

i dont care who believes me
    i am just telling you a story that might be true or not true.
    sweet uisce beatha yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Of course people care about people mental health and the economy (there own jobs) but they also care about not letting this get out of control and another lockdown having to be done.

As for people mental health there is loads someone can do. Ring people, plenty of apps to facetime, Skype, of there with your 2km radius give them a wave and hello through the window.

I be concerned about domestic violence also but again people can help by reporting anything they hear or see

Agreed on domestic violence. Was talking to an A&E doctor a few weeks ago and at that time he said he had seen 3 women present with broken jaws

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

GazzaL wrote: »
    I'd believe it tbh, you can get most things on the quiet. The ever increasing numbers of people on the roads aren't all driving to supermarkets or around in circles.

So people are driving to these drinking sessions? And driving home as well I suppose? Would make sense. Drink driving during a pandemic when there are more Garda checkpoints would sum up their mentality perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

So people are driving to these drinking sessions? And driving home as well I suppose? Would make sense. Drink driving during a pandemic when there are more Garda checkpoints would sum up their mentality perfectly.

You linked too much together there, there's plenty of people that live within walking distance of pubs.

Yeah, I’ll go with Option 2 on that one!

• Advertisement

GazzaL wrote: »
    You linked too much together there, there's plenty of people that live within walking distance of pubs.

You mentioned ‘on the roads’ And ‘driving’. Hard not to read anything other than they are driving to their destination from that.

Yeah, I’ll go with Option 2 on that one!

cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

i get that you would not believe it.
    but take my word i have a good friend who owns a pub and rents it out
    he has been good to his tenant letting him slide on rent
    only 6 of us were there and it was right craic. we had some paint brushes and ladders thrown around and we wore work clothing.
    we were on the bottles of coors and sweet uisce beatha - truly the water of life.
    all put on tab.
    nice

Coors ffs :pac: What a waste of a lock in and anyway I thought ye had a 'heap of pints'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

By your reckoning there will be no. Ore drug addiction in Ireland after this lockdown. They will all have detoxed over the past 4 weeks. Oh happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

No one believes you!

I dont see why not tbh, its hardly that far fetched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Not good for the open it all up warriors on here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0425/1134732-holohan-coronavirus-restrictions-compliance/

The good doctor is very careful with his choice of words but i think we all know what he thinks of the people who arent putting their shoulder to the wheel for ireland, a right bunch of asshats who are ruining it for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

i get that you would not believe it.
    but take my word i have a good friend who owns a pub and rents it out
    he has been good to his tenant letting him slide on rent
    only 6 of us were there and it was right craic. we had some paint brushes and ladders thrown around and we wore work clothing.
    we were on the bottles of coors and sweet uisce beatha - truly the water of life.
    all put on tab.
    nice

Hope you are proud. Frontline workers putting their own lives on the line and people the ilk of yourself giving them 2 fingers. I'd say what i really think of you but i'd get banned and i won't give you that.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Hope you are proud. Frontline workers putting their own lives on the line and people the ilk of yourself giving them 2 fingers. I'd say what i really think of you but i'd get banned and i won't give you that.

I am sick of hearing about frontline workers having to do their job they signed up for and are reimbursed well for

I am sick of hearing about frontline workers having to do their job they signed up for and are reimbursed well for

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/coronavirus-ireland-heroes-mater-hospital-21858845.amp

They can’t be too busy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

It isays in the article they used their spare time. Unless you want them working 24 hours a day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Unelected CMO

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0425/1134732-holohan-coronavirus-restrictions-compliance/

The good doctor is very careful with his choice of words but i think we all know what he thinks of the people who arent putting their shoulder to the wheel for ireland, a right bunch of asshats who are ruining it for us all.

What are you personally doing for the good of the country, Bandit?

khalessi wrote: »
    It isays in the article they used their spare time. Unless you want them working 24 hours a day

But we are told they are
    They barely see their family
    Maybe less stupid **** like this and they would see their families more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

He sounds like a school principal with a power trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

But we are told they are
    They barely see their family
    Maybe less stupid **** like this and they would see their families more

Maybe the reason they barely see their families is because they like doctors in England have moved away from their homes in order to prevent sprread of Covid19. ALso thsey did this as a fun PSA to encourage people to Please Keep your distance but sure why let that interfer with your narrow minded view

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Tosser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just read between the lines with primary schools. It is all about glorified baby sitting. Will be dressed up as education and the mental health of the children but really it is about baby sitting.
    Not sure what the parents think is going to happen in July when they have to look after their children again as there won't be any summer camps this summer to provide child minding for them.
    So, is this your position in general or just based on what may or may not happen with primary schools in May?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

almostover wrote: »
    Unfortunately for me I do. An intimate understanding of it.

With respect, you have an intimate understanding of a particular person's mental illness. I object to people making comments on how others are affected by mental illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

what you describe happened every day before this lockdown
    the courts were full of people not following the law and not seeing a day of jail over it.
    if you want to be a good sheep then baa away
    i am a lion, and lions eat sheep all day every day

Lion !!
    Thanks for the laugh ya douch

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Only if you thoroughly scrub and disinfect the bin cover after using it. Potential of transmission of infection to the refuse collectors is high.
    More risk from the stub of a cigarette hanging off their lips! They wear gloves all the time and we don't do this in normal times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Yes he is being very careful with his choice of words, the article this morning is a update to last night,
    Last night the article states that the nphe would not recommend the restrictions been relaxed.
    Today it's he would not recommend if there is continuing non adherence to the current restrictions.
    That is his personal opinion.
    Wording in articles is everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Nermal

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242260406.html

University of Miami randomised study finds 165,000 Miami-Dade residents with antibodies. 0.14% fatality rate, given reported deaths.

Every day, more evidence that our policies were an over-reaction and a failure. That the small number of additional years of life we are saving is not justified by the gargantuan costs.

It's hard to get institutions to admit error and change course.

So just remember yourself in a year's time, when the excuses flow - an alternative was possible, that serious commentators and experts questioned the panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The power is going to Tony’s head. There’s a real school headmaster vibe off him and no one likes being told off by a school teacher. Harris is sitting up at the top of the class with his briefcase. The teacher’s pet.

Sooner we start seeing and hearing less of either of them, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Just read between the lines with primary schools. It is all about glorified baby sitting. Will be dressed up as education and the mental health of the children but really it is about baby sitting.
    Not sure what the parents think is going to happen in July when they have to look after their children again as there won't be any summer camps this summer to provide child minding for them.

So what happens then at lunchtime when primary school finishes up? Or will creches and afterschools be open in June too? Otherwise it doesn't help parents at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

JoeA3 wrote: »
    The power is going to Tony’s head. There’s a real school headmaster vibe off him and no one likes being told off by a school teacher. Harris is sitting up at the top of the class with his briefcase. The teacher’s pet.

Tony cervicalcheck Holohan.

Time to muzzle him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

JoeA3 wrote: »

We might listen to him if it wasn't for his own f**kups

People have done their best and he wants to keep them locked up indefinitely to make his own stats look better and hide his glaring mistakes.
    He told us the Lockdown was to protect the ICU beds and lower community spread which is now close to zero.
    Not having it Tony sort your own house out and stop sneering at the public.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement