Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call the Guards or no?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭JPCN1

I'd say he typed that one handed

You've the gall to have a go after threatening to burn down holiday homes on the other thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Get real op. What your neighbours get up to is their business.

This virus will not be getting any worse than it is because your neighbours had 4 people around for a drink in their back garden.

the-spinoff-toby-morris-siouxsie-wiles-design-graphics-illustration-coronavirus_dezeen_1704_col_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

houseplant wrote: »
    I'd say that keyboard of yours is taking an awful beating.

Not as much as his microcock.

But seriously, stop feeding it. He'll be banned shortly anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I was angry at the government for not implementing a lockdown sooner.

But reading this thread and others I realise how thick/selfish/narcissistic people are and that the government was likely forced to drip feed restrictions to prevent public outcry.

What I don't understand is why, with all the increased scientific data and evidence from other countries affected, all the simplified language used and infographics at our disposal, some people still don't get it.

Go out = people dead.

I've said it before, but if the mortality/morbidity rate for children or those aged 30-45 was as high as it is for those over 70, you would have a lot less people out and about - the parks and beaches wouldn't be busy. And you would be sure that the "kids are only playing" line would well and truly disappear. People only think about themselves and their immediate family.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

JPCN1 wrote: »
    You've the gall to have a go after threatening to burn down holiday homes on the other thread?
    lol, do you really and truly believe i was genuinely promoting arson and/or murder? is an inability to detect sarcasm a symptom of covid19?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Dovies wrote: »
    One of our neighbours had a bereavement over the weekend - you will have seen it in the papers - and has been holding court all weekend. She might as well have put a revolving door on her house with the amount of people in and out. 5 or 6 cars parked outside the house at any one time. Hugging each other in the driveway and getting back into their cars, heading to shops and back to the house again with shopping etc. AGS did a couple of drive by's and went along their merry way.

Nothing about condolences for your neighbour over her bereavement. No.

SHE IS BREAKING THE LAW BY LETTING PEOPLE SYMPATHISE WITH HER!

We really are losing our humanity in this country, COVID-19 is killing what is to be Irish fast. Is life worth living among commie snitches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

You could indicate it to the guards and then let them catch them rather than straight down your neighbors in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Emme wrote: »

We really are losing our humanity in this country, COVID-19 is killing what is to be Irish fast. Is life worth living among commie snitches?

Yes it seems you are dim all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do you think the virus gives a f*ck about sympathies? All that those people hugging at a wake will be doing is giving more funerals out to loved ones potentially.

Nobody says it’s easy. It’s not. For any of us. The virus doesn’t care, though. Your attitude is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

All the conspiracy theorists are out in force on this thread. Its temporary and for the good of the entire population. As was said earlier, the longer the idiots keep having parties, the longer we will all be told to stay in our homes. I want to get out and get back to normal asap.

Visitors, exactly. If we want to stop this and get back to something resembling life, muppets like the OP's neighbours and you need to cop on.

The OP comes across as stressed and pointed out how they are struggling working from home, family life, had a recent bereavement etc

Making sure they let us know how difficult all this is for them.

But what none of us know is how the neighbours are feeling.
    What has been going on in their lives.
    How the restrictions have affect them.
    How they are coping or otherwise.

Yet people think that calling the Gardai about these people is the right thing to do, and must be done.

I'm all for the Gardai breaking up large gatherings.
    I think that people leaving for holiday homes this weekend are selfish.

But I'm not going to report as neighbour that I may know little about for having someone visit their house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Ohio9 wrote: »
    I can guarantee you that curtain twitchers love these types of events. 100% sure. Nothing better than reporting someone.
    Never, ever living in a location that has neighbors. I'll take my house in the countryside, thank you. Won't have to worry about rats. The punching that would commenced were I found it that one of my neighbours reported me, would be a lengthy prison term type. I'd enjoy every second of it, there would be nothing left to bury afterwards unfortunately. One of the scum would be taken of the earth at least. Life worth as much as a regular knife wielding robbing scumbag in Dublin.

My my, we are little bit tense are we?? Maybe go for a little walk (no more than 2km's, mind) around the fields of your house in the countryside. You might feel a little refreshed and your keyboard will be able to relax. Go little warrior!! Go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Commie snitches?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I’ve a more straightforward one. Apartment block over my back wall. A muppet is out in his balcony giving haircuts to a stream of fellas all morning and afternoon.

endacl wrote: »
    I’ve a more straightforward one. Apartment block over my back wall. A muppet is out in his balcony giving haircuts to a stream of fellas all morning and afternoon.

ah i'm sure he's declaring the income

ah i'm sure he's declaring the income

It’s an estate where a lot of income is declared...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Certainly more straight forward that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

A €2.5K fine will soon soften his cough and dent his profit margin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

BarryD2 wrote: »
    A €2.5K fine will soon soften his cough and dent his profit margin...

It won't if nobody rats him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

This is partly true. It's killing our healthcare staff, our grandfather's and grandmother's, our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters. Those that are already sick and needy, and those trying to save them are the worst affected. Covid-19 IS killing what it means to be Irish. The Irish people themselves! And guess who's behind the covid-19 distribution network. ****ig morons who can't stay at home for a few days. Selfish p***ks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This is partly true. It's killing our healthcare staff, our grandfather's and grandmother's, our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters. Those that are already sick and needy, and those trying to save them are the worst affected. Covid-19 IS killing what it means to be Irish. The Irish people themselves! And guess who's behind the covid-19 distribution network. ****ig morons who can't stay at home for a few days. Selfish p***ks!

Well said, there is no fûcking other way of dressing this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Spotted a few lycra clad, two wheel hero’s, out spewing covid-19. Should I be calling guards on these? Why do they think rules don’t apply to them?

*they were more than 2km from home. I live in a rural location on a very long road with no turn offs for 8km. They didn’t return so without any doubt were more than 2km from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

"The rules are for other people" and "Don't be a Rat" seems to be the prevailing sentiment during all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

hurikane wrote: »
    Spotted a few lycra clad, two wheel hero’s, out spewing covid-19. Should I be calling guards on these? Why do they think rules don’t apply to them?

*they were more than 2km from home. I live in a rural location on a very long road with no turn offs for 8km. They didn’t return so without any doubt were more than 2km from home.

Were they together as a group or on their own?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I wouldn't hesitate ringing them tbh.

It won't if nobody rats him out.

Y'know, I get what you're saying. On the other hand, As I've been here over the last few hours he's had 5 up there lads getting their hair cut. He had started by 10 this morning. No gloves, no mask, no handwashing or scissors washing between jobs. Each of those lads is going back to a family. Six that I saw. Plenty more in between presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

statto25 wrote: »

What's the difference? It's a 2klms rule.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    What's the difference? It's a 2klms rule.

I asked a question to the poster, I dont recall asking you?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

statto25 wrote: »

Only lone bandits today

garda chopper doing laps round my area here!

• Advertisement

Only lone bandits today

OK so if they were on their own and as you have said, you live in a very rural setting...Why would you feel there is a necessity to call the Gardai? You mention them spewing Covid-19, how were they doing this? Before you ask, yes I am a cyclist.

Advertisement