Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

He talks about the antibiotics not been able to keep up with the virus...
    This is the president of the most powerful country in the world, months into a virus pandemic and he comes out with statements like that.
    Irrespective of your political views he simply does not have the intelligence to lead the US

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

joe40 wrote: »
    This is the president of the most powerful country in the world, months into a virus pandemic and he comes out with statements like that.
    Irrespective of your political views he simply does not have the intelligence to lead the US

Would you rather alternative drugs that are readily available and have shown positive early results like hydroxychlorine, to be locked away in a science lab for a few years, for peer reviewed papers to be published while people continue to die? He is the right man for this position, to make quick decisions and give people a boot to hurry things up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

joe40 wrote: »

Nor the empathy. He has no leadership qualities whatsoever, and at a time like this it is so badly needed. Obama would have been a steady, intelligent, and comforting leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Would you rather alternative drugs that are readily available and have shown positive early results like hydroxychlorine, to be locked away in a science lab for a few years, for peer reviewed papers to be published while people continue to die? He is the right man for this position, to make quick decisions and give people a boot to hurry things up.

You seem to know as much about the drug as he does, which is damn all. There is a much damage being done from hydoxy as their is good. If used on someone with a immunodeficiency its likely to make their situation much worse yet you have this simpleton advising people to just take it, what harm can it do. The mans an idiot and despite all your blind defence of him that won't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

He described Democratic complaints about his handling of the virus as their new hoax. He never said the virus was a hoax, however the fake MSM decided to push the alternative afterwards.

Their complaints about his handling of it were accurate though. Dr Fauci just said today that had they been more proactive earlier, more lives would have been saved. Is Dr Fauci to be believed?

Do you think using the word "hoax", in any context during a pandemic is helpful? Whatever his intention was with using the term, poll after poll has shown that Republicans took the threat less seriously as a result.

• Advertisement

Junior cert science students know antibiotics don't work for viruses. He obviously has zero scientific knowledge, and more worryingly the inability to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

The press corps at the daily briefings seem to be very weak.

I don't normally watch this stuff, but last week there were a couple of moments that struck me as very odd.
    One was where a journalist asked something about oil production limits and Trump countered, asking the journalist what the current price of Oil was - he didn't, and at the next briefing (I don't know if it was the same guy or someone else but) he had the numbers for Trump.
    On another occasion, we had a question about some Inspector's report about the shortage of equipment in hospitals and Trump deflected asking what the Inspector's name was... and we had at least two journalists in the room hurriedly looking up that information for Trump.

Have they been completely captured by this guy, or have they forgotten whose supposed to be asking the questions and who's supposed to be answering them?

There actually isn't. Hydroxy is completely safe. It works better with azithromycin which had concerns of heart palpitations. However early results so far have had no negative side effects. Trump's recommendation of Hydroxy will save people's lives that otherwise would have been lost.

That's not a statement that would ever be uttered by anyone who knew anything about anything.

There actually isn't. Hydroxy is completely safe. It works better with azithromycin which had concerns of heart palpitations. However early results so far have had no negative side effects. Trump's recommendation of Hydroxy will save people's lives that otherwise would have been lost.

Are you for real. Theres a huge list of potential side effects from the drug itself before you add coronavirus to the mix. Go do a bit of research and stop parroting whatever Trump happens to blurt out. Theres also no evidence that the drug is having any effect apart from one tiny french study.

threeball wrote: »
    Im surprised at the press there tbh. They seem completely unprepared. Why would they ask questions where the answers are available but they havent bothered to research them. If you're going to come after him dont give him an easy out by turning the question back on you. Its been a sh1tshow on both sides of the podium.

They should certainly be more prepared, but on the couple of incidents that grabbed me, they allowed Trump to pivot.
    The question about oil production limits didn't rely on the price of oil on that day and the question about the report on equipment shortages didn't at all rely on who whose name was on it.

The WH Press seem to have decided that they are going to play by his rules.

• Advertisement

Being a good leader requires much, much more than spouting off recommendations for a treatment or two. He is failing on every conceivable measure of a good leader, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Phoebas wrote: »
    They should certainly be more prepared, but on the couple of incidents that grabbed me, they allowed Trump to pivot.
    The question about oil production limits didn't rely on the price of oil on that day and the question about the report on equipment shortages didn't at all rely on who whose name was on it.

The WH Press seem to have decided that they are going to play by his rules.

I think they know that if they give him a hard time he’ll just stop doing the press conferences again. Or he’ll send Pence in his place. Maybe the press figure this is better than no press conferences. The press holding power to account is one of the pillars of democracy and it has totally crumbled in the USA. I’ve been thinking for some time that the wheels are slowing coming off the american system and Coronavirus has accelerated the process.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I think they know that if they give him a hard time he’ll just stop doing the press conferences again. Or he’ll send Pence in his place. Maybe the press figure this is better than no press conferences. The press holding power to account is one of the pillars of democracy and it has totally crumbled in the USA. I’ve been thinking for some time that the wheels are slowing coming off the american system and Coronavirus has accelerated the process.

Agreed- and didn't he actually ban reporters previously for hassling him? That fella from CNN comes to mind, it was a huge outrage at the time when he revoked his White House press pass.

Just seeing a few Twitter rows between Fox news and Trump. Are Fox trying to distance themselves from Trump. Too little too late if so, but just shows how bad he is at handling this. The new crowd OANN seem to be Trump's new buddies. Maybe they're not new I just never heard of them before

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Agreed- and didn't he actually ban reporters previously for hassling him? That fella from CNN comes to mind, it was a huge outrage at the time when he revoked his White House press pass.
    Was he the journo where they doctored a video to make it look like he assaulted the female aide?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @one world order - you're in the wrong forum - I suggest you try Conspiracy Theories. don't post in this thread again.

Was he the journo where they doctored a video to make it look like he assaulted the female aide?

Yeah he was. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Christy42

The USA is the only country in the developed world where the potential for insurrection is not only possible but probable if the ****e really hits the fan - the militias are just itching for it all to kick off - shooting looters first then the police when they try to stop any expansive behavior.

I imagine the militias will be first in line for looting if it goes bad and enforcing that right with arms.

As for Trumps special drugs the side effects are rare but also include death. Given the side effects are very easily googlable I seriously seriously question the motivations of someone saying it is safe.

Christy42 wrote: »
    I imagine the militias will be first in line for looting if it goes bad and enforcing that right with arms.

As for Trumps special drugs the side effects are rare but also include death. Given the side effects are very easily googlable I seriously seriously question the motivations of someone saying it is safe.

That clown didnt even bother to look on google to see what the effects were. Trump said it, so it was ok by him. Its amazing not that theres people like that out there but moreso the sheer amount of them. More information available than ever but they'll just follow whatever media is most amenable to their own world view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

UK 65 million, 11k "known dead" so far
    New York City and State 19.5 million, 10k "known dead" so far

Timeline going back to 2017

https://www.justsecurity.org/69650/timeline-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic-and-u-s-response/

meanwhile Trump is bullsh'itting his way through yet another presser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Hes in foul humour tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

If he's still around in 5 years I think America will really suffer worse than it is..

The Fox News Trump campaign video was something completely new, unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52196815

This is harrowing
    NYC paramedic during covid

Trump says everybody who needed a hospital bed got a hospital bed. Utterly and dangerously deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

He keeps touting his "Ban on China" (which did nothing!) and failed to answer what he actually did with the month he had from February to March, just rattled back his usual "fake news" mantra

• Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1249827279812939777?s=19

State of him. Fair play to her, about time someone stood up to him.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That's the end of her WH reporting career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

That's the end of her WH reporting career

She should let him finish his answers. This badgering crap is not useful to anyone. Only fuels outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I can't stand that tinker. I hope he catches the virus soon and it wipes him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Awesome move by President Trump tonight.

Only so much of the bull**** narrative the media have been spinning could be tolerated without some pushback.

Good for him and good for the administration and fair play to Fauci for defending Trump tonight also and responding to the scurrilous suggestion that Trump had put him up to speaking the way that he did.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249858152578920449

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Advertisement