Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Not sure I follow that logic. what do you mean?
    93% of people who die are elderly. It won't be recorded otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

cnocbui wrote: »
    Don't worry, apparently they are just taking all the credit for a design another company came up with, so it's not really a Dyson.

How about one made by Airbus, who are leading their own consortium? I doubt any of us would care by the point we needed one.

The Airbus one is also going nowhere. They are weeks away from a prototype let alone mass production. There was talk of small manufacturers being able to churn them out but that also hit a dead end.

Turns out making ventilators is highly complex and only companies with experience of highly complex software and engineering capabilities but also able to mass produce in a limited time frame can do it. I wouldn't consider a vacuam to be highly complex but if Dyson succeeds good for them. Problem is the ventilators need to come on stream next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929
    Coronavirus was the third leading causing of death in the US today only behind heart disease (1,772 per day) and cancer (1,641).

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

7hRi4.jpg
    What's the actual law preventing employers from still running their businesses?
    Or say if these runners that want to run past 2km - what penalty will they get for breaking the rule?
    The police can't fine you if there is no law against what you're doing.
    So far what Leo said is just advice.

Good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Talisman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

Beasty wrote: »
    ............ If they gave us the numbers tested and the dates tests were taken when releasing their updates things would be quite a lot clearer in terms of how this is evolving.......

Yes. I too would love those numbers.

Does anyone have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

That 3rd world countries have no clue about their cases and basically this pandemic.
    And we do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

bekker wrote: »
    And we do?

Probably not now you mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

93% of people who die are elderly. It won't be recorded otherwise.

OK. It's hard to say if that's a good or bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

wakka12 wrote: »
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929
    Coronavirus was the third leading causing of death in the US today only behind heart disease (1,772 per day) and cancer (1,641).
    This coronavirus disease is a heavy strain on the heart I hear from Dr. Oz.
    I wonder why people say someone died of coronavirus when really it wasn't the actually virus but them eating greasy food all day for 40 years.

• Advertisement

bekker wrote: »
    And we do?

Why is this crap allowed to be posted. Brain dead stuff.

We are testing per capita better than most in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how long is brief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Why is this crap allowed to be posted. Brain dead stuff.

We are testing per capita better than most in Europe.

How many test have we done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

China have banned a lot of travel to their country. Its funny how their government condemned other countries for doing exactly that to them only a short time ago. But yeah let's not criticise the CCP, great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

how long is brief?

Brief is short. So to me it is less than or equal to 30 minutes.

But check with Leo first. I'm just being sensible here.

This coronavirus disease is a heavy strain on the heart I hear from Dr. Oz.
    I wonder why people say someone died of coronavirus when really it wasn't the actually virus but them eating greasy food all day for 40 years.

Massively spiked mortality rates in Lombardy compard to typical years shows that coronavirus is causing enormous excess death where it is rampant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

BanditLuke wrote: »
    China have banned a lot of travel to their country. Its funny how their government condemned other countries for doing exactly that to them only a short time ago. But yeah let's not criticise the CCP, great bunch of lads.

their plan for world domination is almost complete

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Talisman

Would love to see something like this for mapping the potential fallout from the Cheltenham Festival.

https://twitter.com/TectonixGEO/status/1242628347034767361

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

khalessi wrote: »
    Do you understand what we are about to face. In NY one person is dying is dying every 17 minutes and hospitals are overwhelmed. It is described as hell only worse. https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/another-84-people-killed-by-coronavirus-in-new-york-city/

The point of the lockdown is to SLOW the SPREAD so we flatten a curve to help our hospitals. The hospitals will become overwhelmed we know that but we can lessen it by staying home for the most part.

We are about to be hit by a health tsunami of unprecedented proportions and we can help by changing our hobbies for a little while. Similar to how people used to use blackout curtains during bombing raids in war.

I know this does not suit your thinking but have a look around at your family and tell me which one you want to die. If the answer is none well then just sit down for a little while watch a movies exercise go for a short walk but help slow down the spread and flatten the curve.

I am asking you not to be so blind, as a nurse, as someone immune compromised and as a relative of people with serious health issues. I want to be able to look at their faces when this is over. I want to be able to hug them again

54 people thanked you for this. 54 responding to the crap from a troll.
    STOP FEEDING TROLLS.

You Are a Nurse - I Salute You.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Lets hope this is the case, if a 100,000 or so are infected so far and hospitals are not at breaking point, this has to be great news.

But going by the 80/14/6 percentage breakdown thats been used to divide mild/severe/critical cases up to now here, wouldn’t we have 14,000 severe cases and 6000 critical cases by now, ie, our health system would be utterly swamped?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Can you get home heating oil delivered ?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Un1corn wrote: »
    For what it's worth I think Ireland is handling this well. But the origins of this virus are very relevant.
    La pangolin a la guillotine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Dubai on the verge of requesting a financial bailout from Abu Dhabi.

Whether they get it or not is open to question...

Where you reading this? Doesn't surprise me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Beasty wrote: »
    If we manage to get 150,000 test results by the end of the month I suspect we would then be at 15,000 confirmed cases. Alas I suspect we will only have a third or less of that number of test results. We were never going to hit 15,000 while we were only ever testing 2,000 now increasing to 4,500 a day. The one (and possibly only) way to keep down confirmed figures is to keep down the numbers tested

Based on what's happening elsewhere we could well have 10s of thousands, perhaps add another 0 to that, of actual infections (bearing in mind up to 80% may not show symptoms but can still spread it which is why social distancing is critical to slow the spread)

Also seeing on the other thread about testing, that some test swab samples going missing so no results is worrying

https://twitter.com/Ocionnaith/status/1243552137981890563

Jesus Christ, there aren't even words to cover this. That poor poor man. Those YouTube videos are equal measure heartbreaking and lovely.

I not the least bit ashamed to say his entire story made me shed more than one tear

The account is truly heartbreaking. No matter how small it seems, I will have to write a letter to the man if it's what he needs to get through this.
    https://twitter.com/conorsclips/status/1243889791504187392

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

FFS you aren't seriously comparing Dyson with Musk companies??

One makes vacuam cleaners. The other is trying to put a man on Mars and built the biggest Rocket since Saturn 5 while also delivering over a million electric cars.
    I don't get the out of proportion reaction? The other poster mentioned a lot of "hot air" being made around both producing Ventilators, with zero product thus far. We in Ireland can't put a man even in the stratosphere yet make 50% of the worlds ventilators.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

wakka12 wrote: »
    The Spanish numbers are cumulative there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

joeysoap wrote: »
    Can you get home heating oil delivered ?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

7hRi4.jpg
    What's the actual law preventing employers from still running their businesses?
    Or say if these runners that want to run past 2km - what penalty will they get for breaking the rule?
    The police can't fine you if there is no law against what you're doing.
    So far what Leo said is just advice.

You could open your business tomorrow, walk or run past 2 k tomorrow, you could hang out in a group of twelve tomorrow or throw a party tomorrow...

But should you? I guess it's not an actual law, more a moral one and those laws are "written on the tablets of eternity.”

It's a do the right thing - thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement