Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭lillycakes2

This is a very interesting forum, but can people stop being rude to eachother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

their plan for world domination is almost complete

They'll never take (or want) Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

joeysoap wrote: »
    Can you get home heating oil delivered ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MipMap

This is a very interesting forum, but can people stop being rude to each other
    Big ask. People are afraid! and this is how it manifests itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I don't get the out of proportion reaction? The other poster mentioned a lot of "hot air" being made around both producing Ventilators, with zero product thus far. We in Ireland can't put a man even in the stratosphere yet make 50% of the worlds ventilators.

Medtronic make the ventilators, a US company, just like Intel make complex chips.

Agreed on zero product. Probably best if Medtronic ramped up production.

• Advertisement

I doubt it. but it's a nice thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

45 new cases in China and 5 deaths, almost the exact same figure for at least two weeks straight now. It sounds so... fake

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

wakka12 wrote: »
    Massively spiked mortality rates in Lombardy compard to typical years shows that coronavirus is causing enormous excess death where it is rampant
    Yes, but you first need to have old people.
    In Africa people don't have the luxury to live 80+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 23,576 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭Talisman

bekker wrote: »
    La pangolin a la guillotine!
    Could be a future Rick Stein show.

• Advertisement

You could open your business tomorrow, walk or run past 2 k tomorrow, you could hang out in a group of twelve tomorrow or throw a party tomorrow...

But should you? I guess it's not an actual law, more a moral one and those laws are "written on the tablets of eternity.”

It's a do the right thing - thing.
    If you're an accountant you can go to your work in a hazmat suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭threeball

Medtronic make the ventilators, a US company, just like Intel make complex chips.

Agreed on zero product. Probably best if Medtronic ramped up production.

Medtronic can produce about 500 units per week and that's double what they were producing before this. That won't even keep us stocked, never mind the 250000 ventilators needed worldwide.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

How is the retesting done?
    As in- if I get a test and prove positive but am happy enough to go home and isolate. I assume there's a test again in about 2 weeks and if that's negative I'll need a second one in a few days to confirm that I'm negative. (You need a double negative to be officially cleared).
    Is there any anecdotal evidence into how this part of the important process is going?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

joeysoap wrote: »
    Can you get home heating oil delivered ?

Yes you can.

Pick an oil delivery company like - lets say - Corrib oil and phone them.

They will see you straight. They will deliver to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Is anyone feeling the positives of the virus. I remember during the beast from the east everything shut down and I walked to the local shop and everyone was taking things slow and I spent days at home with the kids etc and I. I though how nice it would be if the snow stayed around a bit longer. I know there's a lot of horrific stuff that goes with this but there is some good. Like everything has stopped. People are at home. Most families aren't rushing their kids out in the morning and picking them up stressed in the evening. They sit with them during the day, teaching them.
    A lot of the regular stress of life is gone away. It seems everything we do now has more importance.
    Pollution is massively reduced. The rat race has ground to a halt. People aren't looking at the next city break or next holiday. No more shopping for crap we don't need. The positive of something like this is it gives everyone some real time to figure out what's important.

It’s an argument for Universal Basic Income and the 4 day workweek. The way our current society works is disgusting. Nobody has time for anyone or anything.

Yes, but you first need to have old people.
    In Africa people don't have the luxury to live 80+ years

Well it is killing people in developing countries too, Indonesia has an average age of 28 and over 100 people have died there in just two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Beasty wrote: »
    Yes it's speculative, but based on information that is in the public domain. When you overlay the way this has spread in other jurisdictions, I do not consider it to be an unreasonable view. If they gave us the numbers tested and the dates tests were taken when releasing their updates things would be quite a lot clearer in terms of how this is evolving.
    There's probably quite a lot of numbers available to planners. It would be interesting to know the number of calls to GPs from those who suspect infection and the proportion thereof referred for testing on a daily basis. Although hard to interpret, these would be a sort of early warning system and would also be an early indicator that the various measures are having an effect. Having said that, it is probably best that we, the public, don't see them.

threeball wrote: »
    Medtronic can produce about 500 units per week and that's double what they were producing before this. That won't even keep us stocked, never mind the 250000 ventilators needed worldwide.

During the famine food was exported from Ireland.

Why do people think that a US company, based in Ireland, would serve our
    needs first?

Do they Think our government would stand up to Trump?

45 new cases in China and 5 deaths, almost the exact same figure for at least two weeks straight now. It sounds so... fake

if it was fake do you think they would make it sound so fake?

People are driving themselves crazy watching numbers, graphs and tables.

Look after yourself and your own home and follow guidelines that's all you can do.

Look after yourself and your own home and follow guidelines that's all you can do.

I get you but youd have to say its weird that its almost exactly 45 cases and 5 deaths every day from a country of 1.3 billion for literally weeks..what are even the chances of that?

• Advertisement

Tomrota wrote: »
    It’s an argument for Universal Basic Income and the 4 day workweek. The way our current society works is disgusting. Nobody has time for anyone or anything.
    Ireland should implement UBI at least for the period of this emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

humberklog wrote: »
    How is the retesting done?
    As in- if I get a test and prove positive but am happy enough to go home and isolate. I assume there's a test again in about 2 weeks and if that's negative I'll need a second one in a few days to confirm that I'm negative. (You need a double negative to be officially cleared).
    Is there any anecdotal evidence into how this part of the important process is going?

No, there is no second test. If you get a test that proves positive, that is the only test you will get.

There is no second test after a positive.

You won't get a retest to show you are now better. (ie. negative)

Chinese are lying - what's new? Italians, Spanish are not - focus on what matters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Wait until it starts raining.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

93% of people who die are elderly. It won't be recorded otherwise.

Plenty of people with health conditions to take up the slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The reality is that the entire western world desperately want to catch them out on this lie. The US in particular isn't comfortable with the concept that China responded in a more effective manner.

For all the "theories" about China, why is what happened in South Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Singapore legitimate?

Well it is killing people in developing countries too, Indonesia has an average age of 28 and over 100 people have died there in just two weeks
    The average life expectancy is I think what matters most.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No, there is no second test. If you get a test that proves positive, that is the only test you will get.

There is no second test after a positive.

You won't get a retest to show you are now better. (ie. negative)

Is that fact? As in HSE approved info you're giving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

BanditLuke wrote: »
    China have banned a lot of travel to their country. Its funny how their government condemned other countries for doing exactly that to them only a short time ago. But yeah let's not criticise the CCP, great bunch of lads.

D you think they are right to ban travel for other countries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Coyote

an interesting brake down of how many cases based on a death rate or 1% and 3%
    if you believe that 1-3% die from covid19, then you can workout how many cases there should be right now without any testing
    there is a 7-10 day delay allowing for people getting sick and the avg time to death from turning up at hospital
    if you look at the UK who we know are not testing a lot they should have maybe 100,000K cases, where if you look at south Korea it shows about 14K cases for a recorded 10K
    Ireland is not too bad with 2.4K confirmed but maybe 3.6K based on 1% rate.
    all of this is not 100% correct and should not be read like that it's more about trying to estimate how many cases there could be.
    507436.PNG

Edit: this has been updated as PH pointed out i made a mistake in the 3% numbers
    not trying to hide it just want to correct it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement