Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running, Corona Virus and Social Distancing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

OOnegative wrote: »
    So the person suffering from mental health issues, who’s borderline suicidal and who’s been advised to go for a run by his Doctor isn’t necessary. Would you ever disappear back underneath whatever stone you crawled out from under you idiot. You haven’t the first clue what your talking about, clown!!

This poster conveniently ignored my earlier question too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Is going to the off-licence a necessity?

No, why would it be.

No, why would it be.

So why are they still open, and classified as "essential services" so.

Check mate!

This poster conveniently ignored my earlier question too.

Your question is irrelevant.

A person must shop. They don't have to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

No, why would it be.

In a country with a horrific attitude to alcohol, it is still available to purchase. In the midst of a pandemic.

Two gardai are out of action for 14 days because some drunk 19 year old spat in their faces while drinking at home.

Govt guidelines say we can go out and exercise.

Social distancing is necessity. That's all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

In that case a run is necessary if the Dr says so but I doubt the Dr would advise 14km given current pandemic and government guidelines.

Your using a case of a Person who is mentally I'll as justification for you taking whatever length run you want.

Nobody is mentally I’ll!! Twisting the argument to suit your agenda again since you felt the need to impart your nonsensical advice on this forum.

So the person suffering from mental health issues, who’s borderline suicidal and who’s been advised to go for a run by his Doctor isn’t necessary. Would you ever disappear back underneath whatever stone you crawled out from under you idiot. You haven’t the first clue what your talking about, clown!!
    Nobody is mentally I’ll!! Twisting the argument to suit your agenda again since you felt the need to impart your nonsensical advice on this forum.

Your the one who brought up the hypothetical case of a Mentally I'll person.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There is nothing hypothetical about the mental health benefits of being active, ideally outside.

No its not irrelevant. You come on here like a holier than thou, self-righteous, know it all, but the reality is you have more than likely walked past a homeless person on the street on your way to the pub and did nothing. Lots of pr1cks on social media at the moment acting like moral superiors, when they actually don't give a bollocks about the suffering of others.

The people who post here are decent people who are very conscientious when out running.

• Advertisement

Again, your either being ignorant on purpose or plain stupid. No such thing as a mentally I’ll person.

The people who post here are decent people who are very conscientious when out running.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

No where has said we cant run. Gardai are not stopping runners who are on their own. They are stopping any group not obeying the 2 metre rule. Walkers, teenagers or runners etc

No where has said we cant run. Gardai are not stopping runners who are on their own. They are stopping any group not obeying the 2 metre rule. Walkers, teenagers or runners etc

I never said people can't run. I said people have to shop, they don't have to run.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I never said people can't run. I said people have to shop, they don't have to run.

Bit of a side point but I wonder when people are going to use the stuff they've stockpiled :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Extra long runs should build up the appetite for all that stockpiled pasta.

Bit of a side point but I wonder when people are going to use the stuff they've stockpiled :pac:

Ya can’t really make something appetising out of bog roll & pasta though can you!!

Ask them.

Govt guidelines state going out to exercise is fine within 2km of your home and so long as social distancing is maintained.

So going for a run is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Van.Bosch wrote:
    It’s 2km radius, so not like you have to run up and down the same 2km road.

I know that. Some people live in areas where one road is there only option however.

• Advertisement

Ya can’t really make something appetising out of bog roll & pasta though can you!!

No, but you'll need the bog roll when all that pasta makes an exit

Ask them.

When are you going to use the stuff you've stockpiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Jaysus, this thread is going around in more circles than people trying to stay inside a 2k radius circle!
    Just use common sense and don’t feed trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Have a day off will you. Jasus sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

sideswipe wrote:
    Jaysus, this thread is going around in more circles than people trying to stay inside a 2k radius circles! Just use common sense and don’t feed trolls.

I would say that it's a divisive issue. Non runners just won't see the need for people to be running at all, and runners will be the opposite (imo).

As a terrible runner, I can't wait to get out of the house and do a few k.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

It's mainly just one troll coming on and talking utter garbage in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

martin101 wrote: »
    It's mainly just one troll coming on and talking utter garbage in fairness.

His mate said someone might step in our sweat and walk the virus all over their house.

I'm thinking of printing it out and hanging it up in a frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Today I did a half around my neighborhood. It took a toll on my sanity. Next week I'll be running a full over a longer loop inside the 2k radius. AhaHaHAhaHAahaaa kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Genghis

The activities of running/walking and shopping are considered acceptable risks according to current policy.

In my post in the main Corona Virus thread from yesterday I set out some numbers to show that, for me, going grocery shopping is 4500 more risky than shopping.

I run or walk daily, I go shopping only when absolutely necessary.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112977958&postcount=6163

Tell me I am not being responsible or compliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

In fairness, its nice to see Ewan McKenna on Boards.

Advertisement