Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Who says it'll be a quick death?

Dying wasn’t mentioned, just being dead!

ITman88 wrote: »
    Short of handcuffing them to the couch or sedating them you won’t stop the movement of kids to easily

It’s called a hall door

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

hearing arsehole teachers on de lash knowing many (not all) wud not surprise me
    also clown cnt parents arranging play dates etc wtf is wrong with u, there are a generation of parents who dont know how to cope with kids.
    sayz i with a 5 month old baby cretin who has kept her away from crowds in last two weeks
    finally the idiots from Cheltenham should be shot up a dogs arse for the selfishness
    as my mother said"i will shout at them... from a distance"

There will be some teachers who go on the lash and will do nothing for the next few weeks. Hopefully they will be disciplined when they get back to work. Most however seem to be struggling with various IT systems. I know one who was just told to look up Google Classroom and figure it out. She spent all day today trying to get set up and has her classes up now and posted homework etc for the weekend. Didn't get a very positive response from the students who all thought they were off. They are in for a right shock on Monday. She has video conferencing set up and ready to go. She'll even be taking rollcall! They'll be calling her some names when they get the mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Very concerned for UK approach and the fact it differs from ours , rest of Europe and rest of world. It assumes no permanent damage and 47 million people getting it. Bothering me all day. Felt better when government took approach of closing schools but this is deeply disturbing.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1238549442258763776?s=21

herd immunity =47 million infected, 1 million deaths, + further 8 million requiring critical care

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Blessing in disguise for paddy's day parades - weather is forecast to be utterly sh1te for Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Because we have zero responsibility and always blame someone else for our challenges.

And expect other people to sort it out.

Don't think so. We seem to have taken responsibility here and taken very decisive action.

During the financial crisis, we took our medicine and got ourselves out of the mess even though it meant a nasty dose of austerity.

There are some idiots but you find them in any society. Look across the Irish Sea or Atlantic if you want to see moronic behaviour at government level.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My boyfriend just informed me that his boss and his girlfriend are off to Tenerife until Thursday, and they plan to rock back into work the following Monday no screening no testing no nothing. People seem to be categorise where is “safe” to travel to based on the amount of positive cases there; completely forgetting the important fact that in order to get there you’ve to travel through an airport likely riddled with the infection and travel on a plane that’s been god knows where before you. My boyfriend is worried because his mother has not only cardiovascular disease but high BP and diabetes, she’s basically a right off if she gets this disease. He’s now thinking of taking the two weeks off when they return because of their moronic and selfish behaviour.

Isn't that where CinemaGuy45 is meant to be going shortly? You don't suppose....?

This could be awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Berlin follows Belgium in closing bars
    https://www.thelocal.de/20200313/coronavirus-berlin-bars-and-clubs-to-be-closed-as-public-transport-scaled-back
    However restaurants stay open and this measure is not nationwide in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The staff at my local cinema were wearing gloves when handling money. Sensible thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Theres a thread here seeking a sub forum to be set up for Covid 19 as this thread is moving too fast and has too many sub topics overlapping each other. Please add a +1 on the thread if you agree

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112824199#post112824199

Probably better to have a whole forum for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Anyone else here have friends or family on the Guards and Army that are hearing what I'm hearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

YAY I've just finished reading thread............1 :)
    /5 weeks & several more threads to go :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,265 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

otnomart wrote: »
    https://www.thelocal.de/20200313/coronavirus-berlin-bars-and-clubs-to-be-closed-as-public-transport-scaled-back

Doubt we are far behind tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    We are an Island, we should be using this to our advantage.. Close the airports, no flights in or out for the foreseeable future...Send the army up to the Northern border and stop the flow of people to and from the north... Tough love but that is what it will take to keep us safe..

We're a month too late for that, the country is riddled with it, and every day we let tens of thousands more in.

The ONE single advantage we had over the rest of europe and we did'nt bother our bollocks to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

otnomart wrote: »

Irish pubs should close now assholes risking spreading this faster just to get pissed.

herd immunity = 1 million deaths, + 8 million requiring intensive care

The NHS is on its knees as it is

That chief medical officer who proposed this,will forever be haunted by this decision and ethically very wrong whats proposed here

Can stormont break away and do its own thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

The late late In the empty studio looks so strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

YAY I've just finished reading thread............1 :)
    /5 weeks & several more threads to go :eek:

Spoiler alert - things go downhill quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

What do people want people to do? Are the horror stories from ICUs in Italy even widespread? People need to be told that Health care workers are in for a ****ing ****storm if this isn’t taken seriously. People will die in incredible numbers(if this is the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Longing

Went out for 1h came back and refresh my last page on boards. Great only three pages behind. Then realized new thread 12 pages behind. New threads and pages here are more contagious then the Corona virus itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Iceman1984

branie2 wrote: »
    The staff at my local cinema were wearing gloves when handling money. Sensible thing to do

Yes & no. If hands are washed more regularly than the gloves changed then the washed hands carry less bacteria. Many studies have proven this. When people have gloves on they tend to think they can touch anything & their hands are sterile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Brother in law just landed in Krakow, the army boarded the plane and did temperature checks. Told them the border is closed for 10 days from tomorrow and potentially up to 30 days. His wife is Polish so plenty of family but completely unexpected when he took off at 7PM this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Cw85 wrote: »
    Anyone else here have friends or family on the Guards and Army that are hearing what I'm hearing?

What are you hearing?

branie2 wrote: »

Sitting in a cinema right now with a load of people in a confined room for two hours is a very bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Irish pubs should close now assholes risking spreading this faster just to get pissed.

You know how people are in this country with regards the gargle...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

That chief medical officer who proposed this,will forever be haunted by this decision and ethically very wrong whats proposed here

The UK taking a laissez faire attitude to an emergency isn't a new thing. We should know that.

You know how people are in this country with regards the gargle...

I know but anybody who objects should just be told to Fook right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Some local restaurants here offering a drive through option (Not just Mickey D's etc) just call ahead and they will bring it out to your car. we need to support this stuff if we can. keep our neigbours in jobs and livelihoods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If it goes as badly as most seem to think, in 6 months time we'll hear on the news that his body has been found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ihdxwz4a3pem9j

There is a possibility that children may transmit the infection without any symptoms at all, or they may have a very mild form of the illness that is not obvious. Please, people at risk (heart disease, on blood pressure tablets, diabetes, >60years old, on tablets to dampen the immune system), avoid children where possible! While the vast, vast majority of children are fine with the virus, they can pass it to a vulnerable loved-one, who will not become very ill. While the pandemic is at large, be sensible!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement