Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

So there's really nothing to be said for another mass?
    Think there was something in the big book that said (Something along those lines):

During these end times (Tribulation): of plagues, locust swarms and {toilet roll} pestilence: though shall 'not be able', to celebrate the Sabbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,263 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

15 more countries report their first cases

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238574972018270210

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

voluntary wrote: »

Plague didn't really affect Gaelic Ireland as it was very rural and small communities in dispersed locations

Anglo Normans in their castles, towns and villages were decimated

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

D.Q wrote: »
    When this is all said and done this saga of threads will be incredible reading. Hive mind documentation of a pandemic, from the initial humble beginnings to wild hysteria
    Don't forget the calm after the storm

How we get back to some kind of "normality" and to what extent that differs from what we are used to will be fascinating. Social media was in its infancy when 9/11 came around, so we will not have the same "experiences" from the likes of that (which was also more akin to a short, sharp, shock - this one is more like a long drawn out torture)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Please do not get tricked into buying the wrong type of hand-sanitisers. Normal soap and water is the gold-standard. But an alcohol-based (at least 60%) disinfectant will also be effective. (I have seen some hand-sanitisers which have no alcohol, so these are utterly useless). Also, make sure to dry your hands thoroughly afterwards if using soap and water. If you wash your hands a lot, it is advisable to use a hand-moisturiser (not a communal one, as this could spread the infection). This reduces your chances of getting sore and inflamed skin on your hands. And definitely don't use bleach products on your skin (people have used things like dettol wipes to clean their hands). This could damage the skin

Is Medex hand sanitiser any good, picked that up at one of the Euro shops I also have some I bought from a pharmacy for 5.90, pretty much price gouging there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

how bored are some people, they must enjoy queuing

https://twitter.com/JackieValley/status/1238511285324505088

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 35,698 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

People knock Trump no matter what he does, I just knock him when deserved. Today he done something incredible, and his team is pretty remarkable. He has put together the most elite force since Chuck Norris put together the Delta Force .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Work in the food industry.
    We can’t keep up with demand.

Busiest day in the history of our company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

ITman88 wrote: »
    Short of handcuffing them to the couch or sedating them you won’t stop the movement of kids to easily

Probably should set up live-streamin of lessons

Like i wouldnt expect the kids to learn much,but deos keep em tied down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Leo Varadkar on his return must go into isolation and be tested, he has been in close contact with a contact of a confirmed case.

Under no circumstances can he be allowed close contact with any on the Emergency Committee - he must teleconference with them. In the nation context politicians are replaceable, the people directing the HSE and their assembled experts are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

fritzelly wrote: »

thats it for Africa now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 17,263 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If only there was some sort of petition everyone could sign to encourage the government to bring in mandatory periods of self isolation after coming back from affected areas.

Would you ever piss off pushing that petition crap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

One thing I do hope that the government do is that they come down extremely hard on anyone that stretches the emergency services by acting the bollocks during this time.

I'm after coming back from Nutgrove and there seems to be a gathering of what can be best described as a shower of cunts in their souped up cars acting like pricks.

10 years minimum imo for those stretching the emergency services during this time.

Crush their fuvking cars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

That's why Italy got so bad.

They all treated it as a holiday.

Government should have been more clear on this.

Nah. The government have been perfectly clear. At some point personal responsibility comes into it. The government didn't close schools and ask people to work from home for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

That's why Italy got so bad.

They all treated it as a holiday.

Government should have been more clear on this.

Don’t think the government should have had to tell them , WTF is wrong with these people ! I am so looking forward to the day the government shuts down all non essential businesses so I can close my own business and stop having to interact ,

It’s all about health now not economy , I’d be devastated if a business I have worked so hard in fails but now we have to do the right thing for public health and cop on to what we are doing for once and stop acting like children

As a woman said to me the other day ,
    Tie up your camel and trust in god

(I’m not religious but I thought it summed things up quite well )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

hearing arsehole teachers on de lash knowing many (not all) wud not surprise me
    also clown cnt parents arranging play dates etc wtf is wrong with u, there are a generation of parents who dont know how to cope with kids.
    sayz i with a 5 month old baby cretin who has kept her away from crowds in last two weeks
    finally the idiots from Cheltenham should be shot up a dogs arse for the selfishness
    as my mother said"i will shout at them... from a distance"

bekker wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar on his return must go into isolation and be tested, he has been in close contact with a contact of a confirmed case.

Under no circumstances can he be allowed close contact with any on the Emergency Committee - he must teleconference with them. In the nation context politicians are replaceable, the people directing the HSE and their assembled experts are not.

Should get tested anyway
    Like its only a 24 hour wait

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

ITman88 wrote: »
    Short of handcuffing them to the couch or sedating them you won’t stop the movement of kids to easily

Orrr you could just keep them inside and explain to them that it’s right for them to be out right now. Throw on some Netflix or get them to help around the house, or if they’re older get them on their school work. You know there is a happy medium between sedating them and letting them roam feral throughout the estate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Urquell wrote: »
    What's going on in Spain exactly that it's spreading so drastically?

Is this what we can look forward to seeing across the pond?

I live in southern Spain. Very slow reaction from Government. Massive events in Mmadrid last weekend including Intl woman´s day march,

Madrid now epicentre of virus in Spain and people are leaving to go to their second houses, bringing the virus with them.

That´s just part of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭Jenbach110

So Lanzarote officially have it now.

I was one of the people warning from the start that this would get bad.

Too be honest even I am shocked at how quickly things have gone downhill in the last two weeks.
    Well done on the warning's!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

Without spooking people too much, I think the Government needs to hammer home the message every single fkn day. Some are far too complacent, as others have said. Not a good look.

We have to do this together and for the common good, painful as it may seem.

Sorry for the lecture, but am fed up with people just laughing it off.

There will be the usual selfish gob****es who will pack into the pubs on St Patrick's Day. If the government had any sense they would announce that the pubs are all closed on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

We are an Island, we should be using this to our advantage.. Close the airports, no flights in or out for the foreseeable future...Send the army up to the Northern border and stop the flow of people to and from the north... Tough love but that is what it will take to keep us safe..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭threeball

fritzelly wrote: »

Gotta feel sorry for these African countries with zero health service. Terrible position to be in.

Make you laugh at China coming over here inspecting our beef production is up to scratch and they have every breed and creed of animal crammed in a cage waiting to be eaten which has been the source of most of these new viral epidemics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

hearing arsehole teachers on de lash knowing many (not all) wud not surprise me
    also clown cnt parents arranging play dates etc wtf is wrong with u, there are a generation of parents who dont know how to cope with kids.
    sayz i with a 5 month old baby cretin who has kept her away from crowds in last two weeks
    finally the idiots from Cheltenham should be shot up a digs arse for the selfishness
    as my mother said"i will shout at them... from a distance"

Nothing wrong with going for a drink

Pubs and restaurants need the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I have a very mild cold since early last week. Was home to my parents last weekend (thinking it might be the last time for a while) and mam reports she's getting the start of a cold now.

I'm not worried about myself, I'll be grand, but if it was to turn out I'd brought it to my midlands mam and dad who would otherwise probably be grand I don't think I'd ever get over it.

It's probably nothing, but now I have to worry - just a little - that it's something terrible. But I'm nowhere near sick enough to get tested. This sucks. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

I've a chest infection which is unusual for me as usually suffer from sinuses when have a cold and it usually never goes to my chest.

Would be worried but I never had a fever with it which is the biggest indicator (don't take that as gospel look it up). My way of looking at it is in the extremely unlikely chance I Covid I am really lucky as the symptoms are very mild.

I would rather self isolate just in case but advice from work and HSE advice is not to so I will continue to do so but am socially distancing. I can work by myself mostly and have told a trainee to be patient as I won't train them further until this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Was meant to be going to Lanzarote on Monday decided not to have I made the correct call do you think?

Go and you'll have the holiday for a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Good luck with that.

Irish people are a bunch of self centred morons contrary to the "everyone loves the Irish" brigade.

Jesus Christ. We're no more selfish than anyone else. Why the self-loathing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Sorry for the lecture, but am fed up with people just laughing it off.

Ireland seems to have a large proportion of idiots. The aul blaise attitude of 'sure tis grand' is all too common.

Thousands of people have died, Ireland are not immune to this type of threat.

The "hero" attitude they have threatens the nation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement