Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Irish pubs should close now assholes risking spreading this faster just to get pissed.

We can't even through Good Friday every year without a run on the offies and lads taking train trips all over the country with bags of cans - imagine if the pubs were shut for a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Did LLS apologize for the bull**** advice last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Irish pubs should close now assholes risking spreading this faster just to get pissed.
    I see you found the big green font there, Well done.

What are you hearing?

A lad in works nephew was supposdely called up(idk if that right phrase,hes off at min?) and told to be prepared

Idk if this is standred behaviour though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cw85 wrote: »
    Anyone else here have friends or family on the Guards and Army that are hearing what I'm hearing?
    What're ya hearing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

branie2 wrote: »
    The staff at my local cinema were wearing gloves when handling money. Sensible thing to do

(How) are they managing with distancing measures ?

Before closing the cinemas altogether in Italy, this system was devised: allowing the booking of every third seat in a row, with empty seats directly in front and behind"

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...ected-5bn-loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

The late late In the empty studio looks so strange

Your Ma looks strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Orrr you could just keep them inside and explain to them that it’s right for them to be out right now. Throw on some Netflix or get them to help around the house, or if they’re older get them on their school work. You know there is a happy medium between sedating them and letting them roam feral throughout the estate?

People should keep their little potential disease carriers under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

What is the story for barbers and hairdressers?

Im a barber myself and all this social distancing talk has me worried. I cant work form home obviously and not only can I not keep social distance, I have to touch these people, hair, neck, ears ect.. Not to mention the coughing and sneezing by people who dont give a flying you know what about the guidelines.

****ting it going in again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Think late late will be really important to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Sitting in a cinema right now with a load of people in a confined room for two hours is a very bad idea.

Put your phone away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The late late In the empty studio looks so strange

Just assumed Tubbers was as wooden as normal.
    Thus the silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

The experts of coronavirus on the late late
    ...Des Cahill and Niall Horan

If it goes as badly as most seem to think, in 6 months time we'll hear on the news that his body has been found with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Its certainly an interesting large scale case study in natural selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Cw85 wrote: »
    Anyone else here have friends or family on the Guards and Army that are hearing what I'm hearing?

If you are hearing voices maybe you need to talk to somebody.:P

Either just tell us or don't FFS.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Assume this has been shared...death rates are scary on the age brackets.

5e6a7b2584159f1962421227?width=1300&format=jpeg&auto=webp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone think closing the schools will turn out to be a wrong move? Lots of potential for child spread virus within the wider family, the possibly wrong assumption that children are being minded in the first place, mothers being torn between work and home. Does a parent retuning to homemaker role get paid for being a child minder and society protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I thought the worst thing I could watch tonight was Trumps presser but then I put on the Late Late..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 loganjo1

Some fantastic news from South Korea. The South Koreans have been testing their population widely since the outbreak there in early February and are now testing 20,000 citizens a day. The data show a prevalence of the disease of around 7% of the population. This translates into 3.5 million infected citizens as of end of February. The daily death toll flattened out at the beginning of March and now the total number of deaths stands at 71. This is incredibly good news as it means the mortality rate is somewhere of the order 0.002%!!! Nothing like the crazy figures of 1 and 2% that have been bandied around. Looks like the worst we can expect in Ireland is around 100 deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ihdxwz4a3pem9j

branie2 wrote: »
    The staff at my local cinema were wearing gloves when handling money. Sensible thing to do

Gloves do not negate the need for good hand hygiene.

Also, when removing the gloves, the following sequence should be followed, to avoid contamination:
    *** The outer surface (i.e. the exposed surface of the glove) is dirty
    *** The inner surface (i.e. the surface of the glove in contact with your skin) is clean
    1. Pull the first glove off via the outside surface of the glove with your other gloved hand
    2. Slide your degloved hand (clean), into the inside surface of the glove (clean). Remove the glove via the inside surface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Just heard the Coronavirus remission is a possibility. Hope we won't be going in circles, like a never ending trip around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Anyone think closing the schools will turn out to be a wrong move? Lots of potential for child spread virus within the wider family, the possibly wrong assumption that children are being minded in the first place, mothers being torn between work and home. Does a parent retuning to homemaker role get paid for being a child minder and society protector?

What about fathers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

loganjo1 wrote: »
    Some fantastic news from South Korea. The South Koreans have been testing their population widely since the outbreak there in early February and are now testing 20,000 citizens a day. The data show a prevalence of the disease of around 7% of the population. This translates into 3.5 million infected citizens as of end of February. The daily death toll flattened out at the beginning of March and now the total number of deaths stands at 71. This is incredibly good news as it means the mortality rate is somewhere of the order 0.002%!!! Nothing like the crazy figures of 1 and 2% that have been bandied around. Looks like the worst we can expect in Ireland is around 100 deaths.

And no link to any article about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Anyone think closing the schools will turn out to be a wrong move? Lots of potential for child spread virus within the wider family, the possibility wrong assumption that children are being minded in the first place, mothers being torn between work and home. Does a parent retuning to homemaker role get paid for being a child minder and society protector?

I think they were well aware of all those risks when they made the decision : 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

fritzelly wrote: »
    Would you ever piss off pushing that petition crap
    I posted it because it is relevant to the case in question and I expressly said I wouldn't post it again in this thread. If anyone would like to tell me what exactly the issue with the petition is, I'd be happy to take their views on board. If all the people who thanked you (including many who have expressed disbelief about the continued freedom of travel) had signed it, it would have triple the number of signatures.

Ordinarily when activist responses are needed, I'd organise mass gatherings, charity concerts and other initiatives to mobilise people but in the case of a pandemic, because of the obvious risks of gatherings, the only way to mobilise people is to do petitions and letter-writing campaigns to indicate public feeling. I'm absolutely dying to hear suggestions for other ideas to push this action, seriously. Or do you not agree, in which case I'd be interested to hear why?
    spookwoman wrote: »
    One in Cork but not in Dublin; the spread must be disproportionately high here.
    bekker wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar on his return must go into isolation and be tested, he has been in close contact with a contact of a confirmed case.

Under no circumstances can he be allowed close contact with any on the Emergency Committee - he must teleconference with them. In the nation context politicians are replaceable, the people directing the HSE and their assembled experts are not.
    Mixed reports about Bolsanaro testing positive were being put up and taken down last night by various news sources. Trump maintains that he does not need to be tested because he was not in contact with a confirmed case. Our policy in Ireland is that those individuals who are close contacts of close contacts of confirmed cases don't need take any further precautions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

A lad in works nephew was supposdely called up(idk if that right phrase,hes off at min?) and told to be prepared

Idk if this is standred behaviour though

Prepared to assist HSE/AGS/any other state agency as requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Were the 20 new cases today from travel abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

sternn wrote: »
    Assume this has been shared...death rates are scary on the age brackets.

5e6a7b2584159f1962421227?width=1300&format=jpeg&auto=webp

SK is the most reliable data we have. Fair play to them. Very responsible country.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The concern is kids spreading the virus to grandparents who may have to look after the kids.

However there are arguments both ways.

It is really important that parents are allowed to make alternative arrangements that don't include putting the more vulnerable at risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

loganjo1 wrote: »

The mixed messages are so confusing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement