Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yasmina

Any details on what measures Spain took and when ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

How many new cases and deaths in Spain today?

2086 new cases today, at least 47 new deaths (final figure not out for the latter though)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

What have the buses been like lately in Dublin busy, empty ? Being redeployed no idea where yet probably somewhere in Dublin city centre don't think driving there will be an option couldn't afford to pay parking everyday :( Not looking forward to public transport at a time like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

What's going on in Spain exactly that it's spreading so drastically?

Is this what we can look forward to seeing across the pond?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

How many new cases and deaths in Spain today?

+2,086 new cases and 47 deaths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

There doesn’t seem to be the same harrowing stories from ICU’s coming out from España

Urquell wrote: »

Testing is ramping up

Expect ireland cases to rise,as more labs opened here,hopefully we can keep deaths and ICU patients to an absolute minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This all ends when we get to thread 19, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Nah you lot have Trump running the show everything will be just peachy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

coastwatch wrote: »
    Cases per million population: Italy 247 Norway 171 South Korea 144 Denmark 138 Switzerland 131 Spain 116 Iran 87 Sweden 80 Estonia 60 France 55 Austria 55 Belgium 49 Netherlands 46 Germany 41 Finland 28 Singapore 18Ireland 18 Czech Republic 13 UK 12 Portugal 11
    All the decent 1st world countries (apart from Iran). This WuFlu sure has some notions of itself.

When it's all over there will only be one classificaiton: '2nd world', void of the old, and also void of trees, due to a huge demand for toiletrolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

As per my username, I visit Spain a lot (a nice spot, has to be said, not the beer and breakfast place ahem).

In mid Feb my finger hovered over the flights, and I said nah, see how it pans out.

So glad my fingers hovered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Exponential growth is what's going on and yes we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

branie2 wrote: »
    All masses are cancelled until the 29th

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    What have the buses been like lately in Dublin busy, empty ? Being redeployed no idea where yet probably somewhere in Dublin city centre don't think driving there will be an option couldn't afford to pay parking everyday :( Not looking forward to public transport at a time like this.

I wasn't on the bus, but the ones passing by my window do seem to have at least 50-75% fewer people than usual (rough estimate, I don't have a habit on counting people in buses :-)).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

niallo27 wrote: »
    Italy's new cases are interesting are we reaching a peak there, numbers are increasing for 3 days.

you have to look at the growth factor, explained at about 5:30 here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg#t=330

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

When this is all said and done this saga of threads will be incredible reading. Hive mind documentation of a pandemic, from the initial humble beginnings to wild hysteria

As per my username, I visit Spain a lot (a nice spot, has to be said, not the beer and breakfast place ahem).

In mid Feb my finger hovered over the flights, and I said nah, see how it pans out.

Was meant to be going to Lanzarote on Monday decided not to have I made the correct call do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I noticed during the Trump conference, despite doing the elbow bump thing, they then all took the stage and touched the same microphone repeatedly. Kind of defeats the point. It just shows how much people do stuff like without thinking, it's going to take a lot to be more mindful and change habits

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

No one can answer that with any confidence.

The Singapore response was fascinating for similar circumstances to ours regarding population and it’s an island, and the economy was preserved 1st and foremost, no schools shut and no lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My boyfriend just informed me that his boss and his girlfriend are off to Tenerife until Thursday, and they plan to rock back into work the following Monday no screening no testing no nothing. People seem to be categorise where is “safe” to travel to based on the amount of positive cases there; completely forgetting the important fact that in order to get there you’ve to travel through an airport likely riddled with the infection and travel on a plane that’s been god knows where before you. My boyfriend is worried because his mother has not only cardiovascular disease but high BP and diabetes, she’s basically a write off if she gets this disease. He’s now thinking of taking the two weeks off when they return because of their moronic and selfish behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

yasmina wrote: »
    Any details on what measures Spain took and when ?
    Largely none until a day or two ago. It is of their own making. Schools now closed and all shops bar those selling food and pharmacies from tomorrow evening. A state of emergency exists now but not clear if it's a lockdown like the Italian one. Their problem is Madrid, which has the bulk of the cases.

D.Q wrote: »
    When this is all said and done this saga of threads will be incredible reading. Hive mind documentation of a pandemic, from the initial humble beginnings to wild hysteria

Forget the pandemic it will be a great case study in denial and stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

branie2 wrote: »
    All masses are cancelled until the 29th

Apparently, you can get the same magic by watching them on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is it any wonder nobody can keep up?
    We need to flatten the curve!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

My guess is that every single current flight from Spain bring multiple infected. Nobody takes these serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

One sickening thing about the Cheltenham crowd and other self absorbed types who aren't taking this seriously is that that those of them that will get sick will do so relatively early in the cycle and may go on to hog the limited hospital beds, ventilators and ICU places from those who bothered their hole educating themselves about the virus and will succumb to the virus later as a result of being more careful and conscientious.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Was meant to be going to Lanzarote on Monday decided not to have I made the correct call do you think?
    If you feel you have there is no need to ask the question!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Forget the pandemic it will be a great case study in denial and stupidity.

Or hysteria and panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Saw a lot of kids roaming about today. Seems like it's just being treated as an unexpected long weekend.

Traffic was lighter alright but lots of general activity which is good and bad.

After the panic yesterday, are people already becoming complacent?

• Advertisement

My boyfriend just informed me that his boss and his girlfriend are off to Tenerife until Thursday, and they plan to rock back into work the following Monday no screening no testing no nothing. People seem to be categorise where is “safe” to travel to based on the amount of positive cases there; completely forgetting the important fact that in order to get there you’ve to travel through an airport likely riddled with the infection and travel on a plane that’s been god knows where before you. My boyfriend is worried because his mother has not only cardiovascular disease but high BP and diabetes, she’s basically a right off if she gets this disease. He’s now thinking of taking the two weeks off when they return because of their moronic and selfish behaviour.

Tenerife and countries they pass through should be more worried. In case you haven't noticed, the virus is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement