Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

On another note, my sister in the Netherlands says she's "probably already had it" and is still sending her 3 year old into creche, putting her elderly Dutch mother in law at risk. They are only testing severe cases over there. I don't know how people aren't keeping themselves informed, I just think they have absolutely no clue the immensity of this and just want to maintain their own "normality", even at the risk of losing everything.
    does your sisters mother in law live with her daughter in law?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Big decreases in Denmark.
    Previous daily increases of new cases have been dwindling in recent days, from 252 on March 11, to 160 on March 12 and down to 127 yesterday. Just 28 new cases today.

But Denmark has only tested 3900 people, of which over 22% have tested positive. So there are likely thousands more cases undetected

• Registered Users Posts: 35,814 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Yes. Isolating the highest risk group might stop them dieing in large numbers. People's parents and grandparents.

What's the problem?
    Because Boris said it. I get it

Cruise Ship 2.0 on a Country Size scale. Stay at home, no need to go out, we'll bring the virus to you, free delivery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Sure its the same
    Trump closes borders - boo racist bad man, any ither country - smart, proactive, should have been done sooner.

Theres an anti conservative bias online and in the media that just give out about anything the US or UK do because of their leaders

It's not even anti conservative. It's a clear indication that people absorb and base their opinions from the media.

You will see zero positive stories about Trump , Boris etc on the news so many know no better.

Remember the basics : when times are good people complain about our own government
    When times are bad our government are doing their best but Boris and Trump are terrible.

Trump and Boris were both democratically elected. The opinions of Irish people are irrelevant in the grand scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I said it a week ago but you where one of the lucky ones if you got this early on in Ireland, in a few weeks there will be no beds,

I'd imagine the US will be the most hit by this when its all over and done with ,

Chances are if you get it you probably wont even know you have it so your bed at home will do just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

nthclare wrote: »
    These pricks and gannets out drinking and congregating are like SCABS during a strike.

More than likely Liberal lefties and the sunshine Lollipops and rainbow brigade, trendyides or hipsters is that what they're called nowadays.
    Brown nosing each other and inebriated at the worse pandemic in the 21st century.

The roaring 20's huh

Some chip you have going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

/\/ollog wrote: »
    That's everyone's plan. They're the ones most likely to die from it, so were protecting them from getting it. Borris, Varadkir, anyone else you don't like, even a world leader you do like is doing it.

I’ll say it again no fan of Boris & the UK’s “plan” in general but what is wrong with telling the over 70s to stay at home. They are the most at risk & there aren’t enough resources for the numbers that could be infected.

Obviously some exemptions for access to care workers, shopping etc. but as a general rule the vulnerable should stay at home it they are risking death or the death of another they take a bed from that didn’t take the same risks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

There's an online map showing updated locations of infections around Ireland.

Someone linked it previously.

Anyone have the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

froog wrote: »
    case in alaska. that's all 50 states now i believe.

Thought it was West Virginia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Vintners Association acknowledging on RTE Radio 1 that the pubs will be closed with immediate effect. Government meeting later this afternoon. The pubs will be closed tonight.

Once they got their Friday and Saturday night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    I’ll say it again no fan of Boris & the UK’s “plan” in general but what is wrong with telling the over 70s to stay at home. They are the most at risk & there aren’t enough resources for the numbers that could be infected.

Obviously some exemptions for access to care workers, shopping etc. but as a general rule the vulnerable should stay at home it they are risking death or the death of another they take a bed from that didn’t take the same risks.

100% only because Boris said it.

Part of a coping mechanism. We are doing everything properly those other people in that country are wrong.

It's the same herd mentality that we saw when people were lining up to buy bread during the storm and the toilet paper fiasco playing out now.
    Ask anyone who deals with the general public on a daily basis. They are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There's an online map showing updated locations of infections around Ireland.

Someone linked it previously.

Anyone have the link?
    They will be publishing a new weekly report from tomorrow they said, with that detail, I think down to county level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Funkfield wrote: »
    Once they got their Friday and Saturday night

At a far, far reduced rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

drop off at door , as per recommendations . It's a risk all right , all though slight/medium at moment . Whats the alternative ? some old dear cold or hungry

I understand it’s a nice thing to do but if day you did 15 drops off & you were infected chances are you could infect someone, they say it can survive in surfaces for a certain amount of time. Surgical gloves maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

I said it a week ago but you where one of the lucky ones if you got this early on in Ireland, in a few weeks there will be no beds,

I'd imagine the US will be the most hit by this when its all over and done with ,

I thought you could get it a 2nd time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Notices of pub closures escalating at the moment, can't be an easy decision for any business. Fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Definitely don’t want to see these videos but I wonder are they true?

Slightly elaborate thing to fake; if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

People saying “Horrific” numbers from Spain, you know most of those infected are probably just sitting inside playing FIFA with their friends. It isn’t horrific at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

LOCKDOWN :cool:

Lockdown this, lockdown that, they're locked down, so are we, are you going into lockdown too?

My God that term grinds my gears...
    And it means so many different things to different people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭paul71

is_that_so wrote: »
    We currently have no government that can enact laws. DoH guidance or advice is the only way to do it at present.

That is incorrect, we do have a government and ministers and a Dail. That government can bring legislation to the Houses or Oirechtas if required and if the Houses of Oireachtas vote it through it becomes law. No different to any other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ellie2008 wrote: »

The UK plan is based on the assumption that you can actually get herd immunity to this virus - no evidence of that, in fact some instances showing quite the opposite. The other assumption is that people under 70 will in the main be grand - again a massive assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Ireland is set to go into complete lockdown..

Screen-Shot-2020-03-15-at-13-22-38.png

Including pubs and off licences.

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

They will be publishing a new weekly report from tomorrow they said, with that detail, I think down to county level.

There's one active now, a website with map outlining infected zones.

Just can't find the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

People giving out about the pubs (which i agree with btw) but I was just in Tesco's Portlaoise there and its still very busy. People coughing a sneezing too. Maybe they need to think about online only shopping. Dont know how that would work for people not computer literate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

We currently have no government that can enact laws. DoH guidance or advice is the only way to do it at present.

Wrong. The government don't enact laws, the Dail does.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Cruise Ship 2.0 on a Country Size scale. Stay at home, no need to go out, we'll bring the virus to you, free delivery.

So you're saying isolate yourselves you're ****ed, go out you're ****ed, rely on relatives, yes you guessed it, you're ****ed.

What is your suggestion for say over 70's in Ireland to try to avoid catching it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

While most of the people who have died from the virus were aged above 70 with had underlying illnesses, more than 50 percent of the 300 patients currently in intensive care for the virus in a serious condition were aged under 60, Salomon said. He urged the public to avoid contact with others.

Jerome Salomon, French health chief, says 98% of people recover. But that half of all in ICU are under 60 does change the message that may have been out there that elderly people are most vulnerable. Or perhaps that was just the message I incorrectly picked up from italy's ICU situation.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20200314/france-orders-all-bars-restaurants-and-non-essential-shops-to-close-to-step-coronavirus-epidemic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ireland is set to go into complete lockdown..

Screen-Shot-2020-03-15-at-13-22-38.png

Including pubs and off licences.

giphy.gif

Off licences?

Oh god no!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Government need to open up the Apple bank account!

If they did, cheque in the post for approx. € 2,600 to every man, woman and child in the country!

Yipee!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement