Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid stuff to Current Affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This was more for Storm Jorge but...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Yazz & the Plastic Population:
    A: The only way is up (numbers wise)
    B-side: Doctor in da house, is der a dr in da hooouse.

Find the bleeding video yerselfs ;)
    I think she was well aware of these end times, but fair play she kept it upbeat, banging at 120bpm.

I have the 12", Produced by Coldcut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

https://youtu.be/GkUxx1Por7g

The The - infected

• Advertisement

This song is about AIDS which is another infectious virus that also caused widespread panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Where it began, I can't begin to knowing
    But then I know it's growing strong
    Was in the spring
    And spring became the summer
    Who'd have believed you'd come along
    Hands, touching hands
    Reaching out, touching me, touching you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Europe: The Final Countdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Just got Carex hand gel in Stacks Fermoy for just over €3 odd, down the road in Toss Bryan's same size bottle €8. Some difference..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Another one bites the dust

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Surely the ultimate choice:-

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 30,207 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

leeside11 wrote: »
    Just got Carex hand gel in Stacks Fermoy for just over €3 odd, down the road in Toss Bryan's same size bottle €8. Some difference..

Toss Bryan's can be very expensive for lots of things in my experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

BellaBella wrote: »
    In general proper hand washing is as good as using a hand sanitiser. However for people such as my mother who is in her eighties and suffering from cancer hand sanitisers can be vital. She needs to have one in her hall so that visitors make sure they don't carry in any infection.

We cannot get hold of any, but ut my local chemist told me that when they got a stock in recently people were grabbing handfuls and they were sold out in minutes.

Can I just appeal to people to be aware that if, as a healthy low risk family, they are depleting shops of hand sanitisers, many of which will remain in cupboards unused, they are depriving ill and vulnerable people and their families of a simple way of keeping a loved one safe.

Please, if stocks are replenished, don't hog them and stock pile.. Leave enough to keep ill and vulnerable n people safe.

I’m sorry that is happening. For most people , that aren’t vulnerable, hand washing is suffice. Chemists and shops should really prevent this from happening and ration them to one per sale. Are you on any Facebook groups? I’m sure if you post your moms situation someone will donate some to you. People can be very kind and may have some lying around that aren’t being used or needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Is there a special knack to inserting videos in a post ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am sorry you can’t get any , could you make your own and put it in a dispenser ?

Rubbing alcohol
    Aloe vera gel
    Tee tree oil

I don’t think this is good advice although well intended. I think that sick people need to know what they are using actually works. Hopefully the poster will be able to get some. If they put out an appeal I’m sure some kind people would donate some

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

To be honest it's not a product I use, I've bought them in the past for if I'm out and about and I need to change a nappy and no facilities.

I suffer badly with dermatitis on my hands, so the alcohol stings the bejaysus out of me. The cuts then open and bleed so really defeats the purpose. I usually wear normal gloves when out and about.

Having said that if they were a product I use I would definitely have a stockpile (I stockpile everything else).

I have the same issue with the hand sanitizer it's burns the hands off me.
    I wear rubber gloves at home for cleaning and polishing etc to save my hands.
    I even have to buy the non powdered ones they even irritate my hands.
    Just very sensitive with dermatitis which I can control. Hand washing is fine and dry them properly But the hand sanitizer burns!
    Hand washing is better anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,382 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Is there a special knack to inserting videos in a post ?

Me too. When I think it's fine all I get is a link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

Not really surprising... Though there are YouTube videos on how to get aloe Vera out of the plant.... If you run to your garden centre you might get a plant :D

I have a plant at home. Lol

Same here, family member going through Chemo. None to be got locally and tried Boots online out of stock too.

That is awful. Can you appeal on a Facebook page for help?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ordinary soap does the same job.

Coronaviruses, like this year’s version that has left 100,000 worldwide infected with COVID-19, are encased in a lipid envelope -- basically, a layer of fat. Soap can break that fat apart and make the virus unable to infect you.

The second thing soap does is mechanical. It makes skin slippery so that with enough rubbing, we can pry germs off and rinse them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I don’t think this is good advice although well intended. I think that sick people need to know what they are using actually works. Hopefully the poster will be able to get some. If they put out an appeal I’m sure some kind people would donate some

Rubbing alcohol ( surgical spirits) will work just as well as a hand sanitizer as an anti septic . Its widely used in hospitals as an anti septic

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Rubbing alcohol ( surgical spirits) will work as an anti septic . Its widely used in hospitals as an anti septic

As long as alcohol content is 60% or more, it will do the job.

The pharmacist gave me a hand sanitizer today. The last one she said and also got me the last surgical spirits. I used to get my script there so she knows my immune system is being a pr1ck so maybe that helped.
    I also got the last bottle of Dettol that was hidden under the shelf in Tesco. All I need now is a crate of Guinness , 100 major and a big bag of weed and I'll happily self isolate.
    ( Until next week anyway :) )

Ah shyt I forgot skins :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement