Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid stuff to Current Affairs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Bring Back The Plague by Cattle Decapitation

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

https://youtu.be/Bx51eegLTY8
    Berlin
    Take my breath away

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Toss Bryan's can be very expensive for lots of things in my experience!

It's profiteering in all fairness. Stacks had lots of it, only bought 2 but Toss Bryan's should be ashamed when people are going shop to shop looking for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

Captain trips vibe.. If you know, you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

https://youtu.be/Qq4j1LtCdww

Alice Cooper - Poison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

leeside11 wrote: »
    It's profiteering in all fairness. Stacks had lots of it, only bought 2 but Toss Bryan's should be ashamed when people are going shop to shop looking for this..

Single face masks €3.50 in a chemist in cork! What a joke and they are only with about 5c

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

One of my favourite videos of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

It’s simple people, when this has blown over just don’t shop in the shops that price gouged... it is a very short term view, put up prices for a quick buck but youse have the power to vote with your feet and long term, if shops try do the quick buck, it will be minuscule compared to the loss of long term custom, but that is if you actually make that stand....
    If I was a pharmacy I would be thinking the opposite and reducing the price but have a limit of 2 per customer, and in this way you would actually be helping your business long term by creating goodwill and also building up customer loyalty. Not to mention easing people’s stresses who may not have the income to pay the inflated prices like pensioners who are most vulnerable or perhaps even do a free bottle for any pensioner who shows a bus pass....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Apart from there electrical stuff. I find them expensive.
    Christmas decorations, homewares,etc. are often double the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It’s simple people, when this has blown over just don’t shop in the shops that price gouged... it is a very short term view, put up prices for a quick buck but youse have the power to vote with your feet and long term, if shops try do the quick buck, it will be minuscule compared to the loss of long term custom, but that is if you actually make that stand....
    If I was a pharmacy I would be thinking the opposite and reducing the price but have a limit of 2 per customer, and in this way you would actually be helping your business long term by creating goodwill and also building up customer loyalty. Not to mention easing people’s stresses who may not have the income to pay the inflated prices like pensioners who are most vulnerable or perhaps even do a free bottle for any pensioner who shows a bus pass....

That's so true. I will not be returning to one place anyway they boarded up the door with boxes and you have to order from the door they wear masks and gloves Bit dramatic. Didn't put the prices up but told me stocks will run out so buy now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Arghus wrote: »
    Bring Back The Plague by Cattle Decapitation

Death Atlas is a fantastic song on this, was playing it today to set the mood for the inevitable collapse we're experiencing, love the vocals at the end.

Ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 33,949 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

BellaBella wrote: »
    The chemist told me that people were grabbing handfuls.

Well then they should have restricted it to a small number per customer.

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

The Cable Guy Soundtrack - David Hilder - End of the World is Coming

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

On Friday, the French government implemented a limitation on how much the now much-coveted product can be sold for. 

Applicable until the end of May, a 50ml bottle is capped at €2, 100ml at €3 and 300ml at €5 and a litre at €15. There have now been calls for Ireland to follow suit but will they..

Well then they should have restricted it to a small number per customer.

They want to make money fast

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surprised this wasn't the first post:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Samantha Fox - I touch myself.

Is appreciated on every themed song list :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Can the Mod insert the picture links for us plebians who only know how to do a basic link?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

And yet where I live, we still get 2x100ML per workday for a group of 15 people and if not used they are thrown out.

So now I have a collection of 8 bottles and counting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

smurfjed wrote: »
    And yet where I live, we still get 2x100ML per workday for a group of 15 people and if not used they are thrown out.

So now I have a collection of 8 bottles and counting.

Lucky you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

Was asking in my local pharmacy and they said there was 1 Irish company that said they could supply them with hand sanitizer but the company was charging €6 ex vat. Understandably they said no. They didn’t want to look like the were profiteering. It’s a pity more pharmacy’s wouldn’t follow suit. They had masks too but even those they complained and apologised for the price. The pharmacist said that they used to be 50c a mask but they had to sell them at €2 each now as they were charged so much for them. They had to source them from NI. Hopefully things calm down soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Lucky you

And lots of toilet paper :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement