Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dubbloke100

Ahem123 wrote: »
    Any views this?

I would advise you to email PAS and ask them where you stand in the order of merit. co2020@publicjobs.ie.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Enhanced vetting, your email offering you the position should have stated security clearance could take up to three months to complete.

It didn't state anything, thats why I wondered. Just a regular e vetting form.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Kaal1 wrote: »
    It didn't state anything, thats why I wondered. Just a regular e vetting form.

Then perhaps standard vetting will suffice, which is great as it definitely shouldn't take too long then so.

Then perhaps standard vetting will suffice, which is great as it definitely shouldn't take too long then so.

Fingers crossed. Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

What has most people's experience been with the wait between their assignment message and the phone call with a start date?

Just over a week for me!
    Does anyone know how long after they contact your reference does it take to get a start date?

My referee was contacted on a Thursday and I had my start date the following Tuesday.
    bangors85 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many days leave does Clerical office get when they start out?? Grateful if anyone knows

22 days.
    Any views this?

You'd really need someone to chime in who has just interviewed in Dublin and find out what their OOM is in order to see where PAS is in regards to interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Any views this?

My order of merit after the online assessment was 1636, had my interview for Dublin on the 3rd March and just waiting to hear back about my vetting now

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

To date we have called up to OOM 71 for Co. Sligo and OOM 37 for Co. Mayo

Hey, sorry me again! Just wondering when sending scanned documents, did you send them by email to your PAS contact? Also wondering how/where you may have attached employers details for reference check. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

Kaal1 wrote: »
    Hey, sorry me again! Just wondering when sending scanned documents, did you send them by email to your PAS contact? Also wondering how/where you may have attached employers details for reference check. Thanks

Yep, I returned all documents (scanned to pdf) by e-mail to whoever requested them. For the reference I just typed out their details into MS Word (name, work address, title, etc.,).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Would anyone have an idea of how long it takes to be contacted once your Garda Vetting is done?

• Advertisement

dragx wrote: »
    Yep, I returned all documents (scanned to pdf) by e-mail to whoever requested them. For the reference I just typed out their details into MS Word (name, work address, title, etc.,).:)

Thanks a mill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Hi ,
    My friend got offered a placement with the Department of Children and Equality. Is it a good place to work? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Does anyone know the dress code for AGS?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Does anyone know the dress code for AGS?

I've seen CO's in anything from a suit and tie to jeans and a sweat shirt. My personal advice is trousers and a shirt but jeans are part of the dress code. Not too sure about branded sweatshirts but they are worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

I've seen CO's in anything from a suit and tie to jeans and a sweat shirt. My personal advice is trousers and a shirt but jeans are part of the dress code. Not too sure about branded sweatshirts but they are worn.

I've prob asked this before but what's the role of a clerical officer in AGS?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

What's the role of a clerical officer customs officer?

I've prob asked this before but what's the role of a clerical officer in AGS?

Lots of filling and photocopying as you might expect. Typing up statements. You will probably be given your own 'portfolio' too such as looking after some area under the supervision of a HEO. Fleet returns, firearms admin. The job is pretty dull but the subject matter is interesting.

Correspondence takes a bit of time and is very formal and follows a definite chain of command. So you spend a fair bit of time forwarding and recording correspondence.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

Tiafleur wrote: »
    I think so. I’m in the same situation. My deadline for submitting the detailed application was this morning so I’m hoping I hear soon about an interview.

Which county are you? I’m Meath

Do you mind me asking what oom you are? I'm in Meath too. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aqu87

imagusaran wrote: »
    Would anyone have an idea of how long it takes to be contacted once your Garda Vetting is done?
    Mine was completed. In about 5 working days at End of Feb. You will get update emails to let. You know when received and completed. And I got a message confirming offer a week later

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

navan21 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what oom you are? I'm in Meath too. Thanks!

I was in the mid 50s. It’s moving but slowly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lolly2222

Hi,

I just got an email to say I am under consideration for a position and have to send in garda vetting forms etc.. .I am not sure where the role is based apart from city centre and have been told initially training will be in the office based on alternative days and working remotely part of the week.
    I am wondering how long from when you send back these forms have people been offered a start date? Has anyone recently started who is doing this initial training in office and remotely and how does it work.

Thanks
    L

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jimmy90

Does anybody know approximately how many people are in each batch? I'm in batch 22 oom 8, so i have no idea what happens now or if they'll even get around to me before the whole thing expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Souptar

Hi Folks. Got an email last wednesday with an offer for a position in Department of Employment and Social Protection. Thye said the department would be in touch with a start date but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone any ideas on how long this bit will take? In Cork City btw

Tiafleur wrote: »
    I was in the mid 50s. It’s moving but slowly!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Souptar wrote: »
    Hi Folks. Got an email last wednesday with an offer for a position in Department of Employment and Social Protection. Thye said the department would be in touch with a start date but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone any ideas on how long this bit will take? In Cork City btw

I've seen other posters here say it can take a week from when you're assigned to when you get the phone call. I'm in the same boat as you. I got assigned last Tuesday and waiting to get a start date.

This might be a stupid question but here goes! So say Meath is on number 60 OOM at the moment. Does that mean that they have had 60 odd positions to fill so far and that they have interviewed in batches of say 10 people for each position.. Or that they have only interviewed only 60 people so far? I dont know if in making sense, I'm so confused. I am in the early 400's and it looks like there might not be much hope!

navan21 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but here goes! So say Meath is on number 60 OOM at the moment. Does that mean that they have had 60 odd positions to fill so far and that they have interviewed in batches of say 10 people for each position.. Or that they have only interviewed only 60 people so far? I dont know if in making sense, I'm so confused. I am in the early 400's and it looks like there might not be much hope!

It means they've (probably) placed about 40 people so far. There are a fair few that drop out given how long it takes to get a job.

In an ideal world with no drop outs and assuming there wasn't two or more people with the same OOM at 60 means 60 people placed in jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mameeh

Got feedback from Revenue this morning that they are on Batch 6 OOM 57 for the Customs CO in Dublin. Hope this is of interest for those waiting like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oisinnisio

Jimmy90 wrote: »
    Does anybody know approximately how many people are in each batch? I'm in batch 22 oom 8, so i have no idea what happens now or if they'll even get around to me before the whole thing expires.

Are you applying for Dublin? I'm in batch 22 as well, oom 12! So similar to you. I have no idea about expiration either. I have no idea if that score is good or not, as I don't know how many are in that batch for Dublin.

Good luck anyway!

If anyone knows anything be sure to let me know too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 dubbloke100

oisinnisio wrote: »
    Are you applying for Dublin? I'm in batch 22 as well, oom 12! So similar to you. I have no idea about expiration either. I have no idea if that score is good or not, as I don't know how many are in that batch for Dublin.

Good luck anyway!

If anyone knows anything be sure to let me know too!

I was in batch 6 OOM54. It took about 3 weeks from me being told I had passed the interview to being told I was starting training on 19th April. I have just signed the contract and awaiting Garda clearance.

Hang in there, I think you will hear something very soon. Once you do, they are starting people really quickly. I hope that helps.

Best of luck.

Advertisement