Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just sent in my supplementary application form today for county Meath.

I lived in Spain for 9 years and am wondering if anyone needed any type of police clearance from abroad or if Garda vetting suffices? (This is all hypothetical providing I pass the interview and am offered a position!)

Yes I needed vetting from both Ireland and the UK as I lived there for over a year

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

How long is the wait from the clearance stage to starting a position generally? Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

bangors85 wrote: »
    Got called for references today for cork? Does anyone know are revenue hiring , hoping to dodge that department

From what I've learned its the best dept to allow for progression. People at all levels in my AGS division are trying to get into Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Vologda69 wrote: »
    For those who were already reached on the panel, how long after the supplementary form is completed do you get an interview date.[/

Hi, I returned the application form on the Friday and had a message with the date the following Wednesday. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Im in the 90s for Cork, wasnt sure if they would reach me. So better start preparing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,743 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tiafleur wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just sent in my supplementary application form today for county Meath.

I lived in Spain for 9 years and am wondering if anyone needed any type of police clearance from abroad or if Garda vetting suffices? (This is all hypothetical providing I pass the interview and am offered a position!)

Apply for the Spanish clearance now. You'll need it sometime or other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Christine2020

You’ll do fine, know/remember what’s on your application form and examples of the Clerical Officer competencies in the booklet. Cork is moving, my advice would tip away at prep and you’ll fly it. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Tashajulia1993

I was asked for references a week ago and just talked to my manager today and nobody has been in contact with her yet, anyone know how long it usually takes to contact your referee? I emailed the woman dealing with my clearance twice but neither have been answered...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Anyone have any update on what batch they're on in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

What is the work like in AGS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Just been called for reference checks, vetting etc in Dublin. Absolutely delighted.

Just have one question if anyone here can help out. The attached forms ask for details of a current employer, however I have been out of work since just before this panel began. Is it okay to include details of my most recent employer instead and just add a note to the form explaining? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Anyone have any update on what batch they're on in Dublin

They we're in the late 90s batch 16 last week

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eco22

G2234567 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if AGS is Mon - Fri or is it shifts, evenings weekends etc. The job description talks about 8 10 12 and 24 shifts?

I started beginning January in AGS, no evening or weekends. Don't know of any clerical staff in AGS that work any shift work. Doubt it exists. Best of luck. Very nice place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

If you are at a certain increment in the public service/hospital, can you bring your increment with you into the civil service?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

I have recently submitted my detailed application form. Is this an indication that an interview could be coming up soon? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Kaal1 wrote: »
    I have recently submitted my detailed application form. Is this an indication that an interview could be coming up soon? Thanks

I think so. I’m in the same situation. My deadline for submitting the detailed application was this morning so I’m hoping I hear soon about an interview.

Which county are you? I’m Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Oh great! Hopefully so!! The deadline for mine was this morning also. I'm Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Anyone know how long Garda vetting takes??

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hi Guys , I have a Zoom interview for CO on Tuesday . Just looking for any advice please .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

sharkman wrote: »
    Hi Guys , I have a Zoom interview for CO on Tuesday . Just looking for any advice please .

Have an example to answer each of the competencies at the back of the handbook and you'll fly it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dory Knows

I got a request to fill in application form for stage 2 cork. If I decide not to submit now does it in any way affect me applying to future campaigns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Dory Knows wrote: »
    I got a request to fill in application form for stage 2 cork. If I decide not to submit now does it in any way affect me applying to future campaigns?

Won't affect you at all. People drop out of these campaigns all the time. Circumstances change and that can't and won't bar you from applying to open campaigns in the future. I got to job offer stage once in civil service and turned it down because the location and role didn't suit me. Two years later and I'm in a different civil service role that I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Dory Knows wrote: »

Also keep in mind these things can take a while, so staying in now (if you can) may give you back up options later in the year (not sure what the speed of the panel is in cork from stage 2 to job).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Hi guys,

My partner wants to apply for a CO job, how do we apply? Keeping an eye on this thread but I’m unsure how the system works. Can someone enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 akirby.96

Anyone know how long it takes to get through a batch for cso offers? Seeing that they’re on batch 16

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Hi guys,

My partner wants to apply for a CO job, how do we apply? Keeping an eye on this thread but I’m unsure how the system works. Can someone enlighten me?

You need to apply for a clerical officer competition. There's none open for application right now but sign up on public jobs and add a few jobs to the job alerts so you'll get email notifications. There are also some other clerical jobs advertised on the public jobs site.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Does anyone know what departments they are recruiting for in cork city ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

bangors85 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long Garda vetting takes??

Submitted mine last Thursday, done today. They've really gotten fast with vetting compared to a few years ago.

I've only had one address and have zero court/conviction issues though, so anything like that obviously will add to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭JacenSolo

So currently about ready to flip the table. I am just seeing I was emailed on Friday 19th to fill out the application for the next step and it went to my Spam folder and I've no missed the deadline. Is it worth emailing and seeing if I can still be considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

JacenSolo wrote: »
    So currently about ready to flip the table. I am just seeing I was emailed on Friday 19th to fill out the application for the next step and it went to my Spam folder and I've no missed the deadline. Is it worth emailing and seeing if I can still be considered?

I would email and fight your case.

Did you not get a text message also? They always send a text along as email. Well I always got texts to tell me to log into my public jobs profile to view a message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Submitted mine last Thursday, done today. They've really gotten fast with vetting compared to a few years ago.

I've only had one address and have zero court/conviction issues though, so anything like that obviously will add to the time.

Th standard Garda Vetting moves very fast.

It's the extra vetting for AGS that holds it all up.

Advertisement